PDA

View Full Version : Tour [020] Feb 25 2015 - Sidewave - The Enmore - Sydney, Australia

Norsefire
01-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Feb 25 2015
Soundwave Festival - Sidewave
Venue: The Enmore
Licensed All Ages

Tickets On Sale Jan 27: www.ticketek.com.au

www.soundwavefestival.com

http://www.providermodule.com/news/uploads/mm-sidewave-mmxv.jpg

Members Attending:

Mirage
Dysmorphia
The Empirical Guy
GOTHVAMP666
Fuckitx4
Charles2012

Mirage
01-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Going.

Dysmorphia
01-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Attending

Fuckitx4
01-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Attending (providing I can get tickets!)

GOTHVAMP666
01-29-2015, 03:38 AM
I'll Be Attending

The Empirical Guy
02-03-2015, 04:17 AM
I'll be there.

Charles2012
02-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Attending.

Fuckitx4
02-04-2015, 07:50 AM
Yeah...got tickets, I'm going. Looking forward to it!

BibblyBob
02-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Howdy guys, Just joined up cause I've got a bit of a crisis on my hands, long time lurker of the forums but circumstances have driven me to make an account. I Fangirled a bit too hard and bought tickets for the wrong venue. So instead of getting Brisbane tickets, I got Sydney ones.
I know.

Basically, I have a ticket to the Enmore Theatre that I NEED to sell, since I can't possible attend. I'm flogging it for 95 bucks, Manson wanted $98 (ticketek then wanted a five dollar cut, bumping it up to $103). So yeah. if anyone has a friend who wants to go and you need a quick extra ticket at the last minute please let me know. I can e-mail it through Straight away!

Thanks in advance.

Cringeon
02-25-2015, 08:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L3wbGjbJ7I

Nemoris Inferioris
02-25-2015, 11:25 AM
I forgot, this is in Australia, so videos come earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L3wbGjbJ7I

LOL YOU ARE HEALED! I loved that.

Quint
02-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Excellent show at the Enmore last night! Great crowd too. About 1,600 in attendance.

lunchboxx
02-25-2015, 04:16 PM
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/gallery/30505/Marilyn-Manson-and-Apocalyptica--Sydney

Shame a truncated setlist again, w no Coma White and other new songs.

Any of you in attendance spot yourselves in the photos?

Celiny-O
02-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Despite some shitty people and staff fuck-ups, the Sydney sideshow was incredible.
Same stage set-up, with the addition of confetti cannons. Manson's voice was in top form, as well as the band. Tyler hung around a little after the show, but we didn't get much of a chance to speak to him, unfortunately. Manson kept going to the side of stage to flirt with some chicks he was obviously going to bang after the show. A crazed fan somehow made it on stage, and Manson performed an exorcism on her. Good times.
They teased us during soundcheck by playing Coma White, but didn't end up delivering on that one. I swear it's a running joke that Australia doesn't get to see Coma White live.

Setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/marilyn-manson/2015/enmore-theatre-sydney-australia-73cbbaad.html

The Empirical Guy
02-26-2015, 02:33 AM
Yeah, every time you see Coma White is being played on the previous leg of a tour, you can guarantee it'll be dropped for Australia.

It was a great performance though, minus the staff fuck-ups and some really annoying people around me in the crowd and in line beforehand. The way some grown, adult Manson fans carry on like 12 year old girls at a One Direction concert is appalling. Venue staff did fuck up big time though, the venue has two doors and they opened one door long before the other, meaning some people that had been in line since before the sun was up missed the spots they should of had.

Manson was on fire and his voice sounded great. There has been a lot of talk in various interviews lately about him giving up absinthe, working out etc; I don't know if it can be attributed to that alone but he definitely seemed a bit more 'switched on' than on last tour. Not that I ever had a problem or complained about the previous tours, I thought they were all great, and many of the things people had previously complained about were still present. For whatever reason, people seemed to cheer them now though. He seemed like he was going out with the purpose of kicking the ass of anyone that had doubted him lately, as he has said himself, 'paying his dues with interest'.

He completely lost his place at one point during No Reflection, and Twiggy had to guide him back in.

I was planted right in front of Twiggy (finally getting to see Twiggy on bass!), and he was having a great time, dancing around and headbanging. At one point Manson stopped between songs as a large section of the crowd was chanting for Twiggy. It's good to see him get some of the respect and attention he deserves.

As you've all seen, a girl got up on stage at one point and Manson gave her an 'exorcism'. You can't see them in that video but there were also banners with the Celebritarian Cross drop down for Personal Jesus. In Killing Strangers, which he introduced by talking about his dad, he had a tambourine, at one point he placed it on the ground and danced around it like he used to with the burning lunchbox in the Spooky Kids/ Portrait days, before stabbing it with his knife-mic. Glitter/ Confetti cannons for Rock Is Dead.

For the sake of being a Drum Snob, I'm going to point out that Gil is joining the list of people who don't play The Dope Show correctly :p. He and the rest of the band did a great job overall though, as I was so far away from Tyler I didn't get to see much of his performance, but he sounded great and I enjoyed that he was playing many keyboard or sound effect parts on guitar, making use of the two-guitar set up. I'm not sure how I'd feel with more keyboard-based songs, as I don't like backing tracks being used over someone on stage playing things, but for the songs they played last night it worked great and sounded really good. I did see him after the show but he took off again before I got a chance to talk to him.

Manson fans in general make for a poor crowd though, imo, I don't know about anyone else but when I go to a Manson show I want to get rowdy - unfortunately though, so many people seem to prefer holding their phones the whole time, and when I tried to start up a bit of a mosh in The Beautiful People I just got complaints from someone who thought they could stand second row and not expect to get bumped into pushed around a bit.

Overall a great show though, really, really, enjoyed it. Can we get another tour soon? Thanks.

Not the greatest video, but just found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAO9jYanA

FIGHTMF
02-26-2015, 04:59 AM
Yeah, every time you see Coma White is being played on the previous leg of a tour, you can guarantee it'll be dropped for Australia.

It was a great performance though, minus the staff fuck-ups and some really annoying people around me in the crowd and in line beforehand. The way some grown, adult Manson fans carry on like 12 year old girls at a One Direction concert is appalling. Venue staff did fuck up big time though, the venue has two doors and they opened one door long before the other, meaning some people that had been in line since before the sun was up missed the spots they should of had.

Manson was on fire and his voice sounded great. There has been a lot of talk in various interviews lately about him giving up absinthe, working out etc; I don't know if it can be attributed to that alone but he definitely seemed a bit more 'switched on' than on last tour. Not that I ever had a problem or complained about the previous tours, I thought they were all great, and many of the things people had previously complained about were still present. For whatever reason, people seemed to cheer them now though. He seemed like he was going out with the purpose of kicking the ass of anyone that had doubted him lately, as he has said himself, 'paying his dues with interest'.

He completely lost his place at one point during No Reflection, and Twiggy had to guide him back in.

I was planted right in front of Twiggy (finally getting to see Twiggy on bass!), and he was having a great time, dancing around and headbanging. At one point Manson stopped between songs as a large section of the crowd was chanting for Twiggy. It's good to see him get some of the respect and attention he deserves.

As you've all seen, a girl got up on stage at one point and Manson gave her an 'exorcism'. You can't see them in that video but there were also banners with the Celebritarian Cross drop down for Personal Jesus. In Killing Strangers, which he introduced by talking about his dad, he had a tambourine, at one point he placed it on the ground and danced around it like he used to with the burning lunchbox in the Spooky Kids/ Portrait days, before stabbing it with his knife-mic. Glitter/ Confetti cannons for Rock Is Dead.

For the sake of being a Drum Snob, I'm going to point out that Gil is joining the list of people who don't play The Dope Show correctly :p. He and the rest of the band did a great job overall though, as I was so far away from Tyler I didn't get to see much of his performance, but he sounded great and I enjoyed that he was playing many keyboard or sound effect parts on guitar, making use of the two-guitar set up. I'm not sure how I'd feel with more keyboard-based songs, as I don't like backing tracks being used over someone on stage playing things, but for the songs they played last night it worked great and sounded really good. I did see him after the show but he took off again before I got a chance to talk to him.

Manson fans in general make for a poor crowd though, imo, I don't know about anyone else but when I go to a Manson show I want to get rowdy - unfortunately though, so many people seem to prefer holding their phones the whole time, and when I tried to start up a bit of a mosh in The Beautiful People I just got complaints from someone who thought they could stand second row and not expect to get bumped into pushed around a bit.

Overall a great show though, really, really, enjoyed it. Can we get another tour soon? Thanks.

Not the greatest video, but just found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAO9jYanA

Great summary. I thought Manson was amazing, I saw him last at Brisbane in 2012 and this was a better performance overall. I can't agree more about the crowd, I was in front of Tyler and it was worse than the crowd in front of twiggy. People are standing still and on their phones. People on the rail looked bored. The reason was that the staff fucked up with the lines. People in seats got let in first so a bunch of them got on the rail and they were fucking pussies. I was jumping around getting into the songs in front of Tyler who melted my face and i was literally the only one. Worst crowd I've ever been in. So many smartphones. When you can stand free in the front of the crowd there's something wrong. When disposable teens dropped i went nuts and thrashed but it didn't help. No one complained at least. I guess more true Manson fans went for in front of Twiggy but I wanted to check out Tyler

I think Tyler is awesome. He was fully into the show and was a perfect fit for the band.

Celiny-O
02-26-2015, 05:26 AM
I was in front of Tyler and went nuts. I got accused of personally targeting this older woman and her daughter. There was absolutely no convincing them that it was actually hundreds of people pushing and not just my fat ass.

Hazekiah
02-26-2015, 06:46 AM
Jeeezus, I hate that shit.

Someone on the rail or in the front rows of a rock concert gets all pissy with YOU after you just got shoved into them.

It's like, OH, I GUESS YOU DIDN'T NOTICE THE 5,000 PEOPLE BEHIND ME SHOVING ME INTO YOU, ffs.

-___-

Cringeon
02-26-2015, 08:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1PCG2HSqks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPiw-srt05M

DecayingSinner
02-26-2015, 05:11 PM
That intro into the deep six intro still blows away. It's just perfect. I do wish there was a curtain.....it adds to the anticipation and suspense.

MansonZombie
02-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Here's a review from the Metal Hammer Magazine, they have some pictures too:
http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/reviews/2015-02-26/marilyn-manson-live-in-sydney

Heather Quick
02-28-2015, 02:31 PM
This user recorded some good videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5PXrAdfMmsyGGzVGFtqmw/videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WX9vmf8BF4

The Empirical Guy
03-01-2015, 01:47 AM
Haha, I think you can see me going nuts in her video of IHA.