PDA

View Full Version : Tour [042]: Apr 30 2015 - Minglewood Hall - Memphis, Tennessee, USA

Norsefire
02-23-2015, 06:26 PM
April 30 2015
Venue: Minglewood Hall

Tickets on sale Feb 27
Tickets / Info: http://www.minglewoodhall.com/event/793035-marilyn-manson-memphis/

Members Attending:

Gondule
Diamonds&Pollen
Two Faced Egg (23)

FuckmanQ
02-23-2015, 08:31 PM
I will for sure be attending this!!!!!

Diamonds&Pollen
02-27-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm looking forward to this show and Memphis!

FuckmanQ
02-28-2015, 01:42 AM
Got my ticket yesterday so it's official. This'll be my first Manson show ever. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-60i5IUQAA4YmC.jpg

Two Faced Egg (23)
03-24-2015, 09:14 AM
This is the Show I am going to Experience , I have been hearing great things about this venue from friend Bobby , that its small , you might say 'Intimate' ..great sound acoustics .. Die Antwood performed there recently & Modest Mouse will be there April 22 ..any clues on Opening Artist ? ?

FuckmanQ
03-24-2015, 10:29 AM
Hell I might have to see about that Modest Mouse performance. Did not know they would be there. It would also give me some nice insight to when Manson performs there. As for the opening band I assume it'll be some kind of metalcore local band most likely.

Two Faced Egg (23)
04-29-2015, 10:39 AM
Hello to anybody out there reading , a Friend & I have 'One' extra ticket to the Show ! Just thought I would mention , seeing as it is now Sold out , let's see .. em .. I look like ... well I am about 5'10 , 150 pound White Male with Long blonde hair /Beard .. Lol' ahhh , well See everybody there !

FuckmanQ
05-01-2015, 02:24 PM
My Review

So this was my first show ever not just for Manson. I mean I saw KISS's farewell tour back in the late 90's but that doesn't count in my opinion. This was a totally different experience.To begin this long ass review, I get in line with some friends my mom knows and because of that I was able to get in the first row. I felt so bad about it too because I realized how big the line was and when the security guard said we could go into the room I was just like "I feel like an asshole" I'm a pretty anxious dude so I think about that shit a lot.

My first first impressions though as I walked in I thought "This looks like a strip club" or what I think a strip club would look like. Purple lights, thick smoke in the room. It was already pretty fitting for the man himself in terms of tone. We get to the railing or whatever you wanna call it. I meet this dude to my left and we just talk the entire time while waiting for the show to begin. The first opening act was Knee High Fox. My short review for them is that the instrumentation (mainly the guitarist) was pretty damn good. The guy even did some nice solos and even used a slider. They played maybe 4 songs maybe 5 can't remember. It was okay but I can see why Manson picked them. So with them I give them a "Pretty good" rating.

Onto the main course of this tasty meal, Marilyn-fucking-Manson. When the shit started to ramp up to his debut it was so intense and palpable. It was dark as fuck and foggy as fuck. Me being in the front row we were engulfed in the fog. Then you would see the lights come on for half a second and he would be silhouetted in a badass pose. Before I give the general review though I do want to touch upon two experiences that happened I wont forget. During one of the songs I can't remember which one but he was doing his thing and we locked eyes and I made this goofy face at him and his eyes got all bugg-eyed and he made a face back at me. I thought that was pretty fucking dope and it made me laugh. The second one is he actually cut himself on stage again TWICE. It was pretty nuts and unexpected but he smashed a beer bottle on an amp and then cut his hand with it repeatedly then finally making a pretty nifty joke about self harm.

Overall the setlist was pretty damn good I enjoyed every fucking song and he sounded so fucking good. Sounded honestly better than the album. All these years creeping on YouTube being a semi-critic of his voice and saying "He doesn't sound as good anymore" I gotta take all that back he sounds better than ever. I was so fucking impressed I mean I really went in with low expectations. So yeah if he is near you GO FUCKING SEE HIM!!!.

Only downsides was the people at the concert save for some cool people I met. But man all these assholes that tried to shove and push their way to the front kept pissing me off. I mean it got to the point where some poor girl lost her footing and no one would help her. I mean I don't understand why people have to be so fucking rude at a concert. But other than that it was a tight experience and I would do it again for sure. Except next time I'm bringing a backpack full of water bottles.

Two Faced Egg (23)
05-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Spirit Of Impromptu ' , .. is all I will add for now , Gondule was spot on in the review ! (Very nice Gentlemen too ) - YouTube videos can be difficult too listen too LOL' - but this is one show I am looking forward toooo analyzing , the Inbetween Songs talk, the Improvised Dark sludgy Song he Created with Twiggy playin BaSs , (while under WhiteLight) - Really Special night .. ... Cheers' (TFE)

FuckmanQ
05-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Yeah that improvised song was pretty dope. Even though it was a simple bass line it was already catchy. For second I actually thought it was a new song lol. Twiggy and Manson were so awesome on stage together that night.

Can't discount Paul or Gil either everybody was on fucking point.

Cringeon
05-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Glad to hear you first time was great! What you call the improv song, was it Movement of Fear by chance? They've been jamming it here and there for a little bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZlDas7zJ0o

Nemoris Inferioris
05-01-2015, 05:01 PM
I need footage!!

Nemoris Inferioris
05-01-2015, 05:08 PM
During one of the songs I can't remember which one but he was doing his thing and we locked eyes and I made this goofy face at him and his eyes got all bugg-eyed and he made a face back at me.

I gotta see this! Lmao

BTW it is a pain in the dick to quote one sentence of a whole essay on mobile lol.

FuckmanQ
05-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Glad to hear you first time was great! What you call the improv song, was it Movement of Fear by chance? They've been jamming it here and there for a little bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZlDas7zJ0o

Yes it was! Damn I should have picked that up when I heard it. Nice man, yeah he changed the lyrics to about Memphis lol.

blue angel
05-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Sounds like an awesome show

pflumtamas
05-02-2015, 07:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fePCj4WZhQA

Diamonds&Pollen
05-03-2015, 07:08 PM
My Review

To begin this long ass review, I get in line with some friends my mom knows and because of that I was able to get in the first row. I felt so bad about it too because I realized how big the line was and when the security guard said we could go into the room I was just like "I feel like an asshole" I'm a pretty anxious dude so I think about that shit a lot.

THANKYOU FOR NOT STANDING DEAD CENTER. I saw that people got in early, and appreciated that you didn't go for dead center.
I was first in line and worried about that. Some guy tired to cut seven people in line, when the line split in two. Then he got angry at/defensive towards me when i told him I was going ahead of him. The Venue staff were THE NICEST. The crowd wasn't violent. Only two people went over the barricade.

Manson was VERY happy to see the crowd. He seemed dissatisfied with something on-stage that I couldn't figure out. They cut out This is The New Shit :( and hate Anthem because of that.
I thought he sounded great. I like Paul on guitar, but there were some parts in songs that sounded different: the guitar sped up in part of Sweet dreams, it wasn't as present in Coma White, although I can hear it a lot better in that youtube video. Maybe it was the venue's sound?

Manson let my friend and I pull off his arm nylons [for lack of a better description]. He smeared his makeup/greasepaint on the guy next to me and myself, getting me on his go-pro. I caught the dope show drugs(!!), because he basically tossed them right at me. We got to sing into the mic, reached out by him to hold hands; It was a blast to interact with him. It always is.

I only wish I could've heard the other songs!! I love the GAOG, and was at the San Diego show in 2013 when he started performing it again. That was basically the only negative from the other night.

On a side note they soundchecked Angel with the Scabbed Wings.

I'll post pictures later.
I don't know if its protocol, but "the drugs" were in a plastic bag marked STAY HEARŪ which I looked online to learn is a Bose product for mobile in-ear headsets. I'll post pictures of that too.

Two Faced Egg (23)
05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Thank You tooo NorseFire for meeting me halfway & understanding about the Ticket ! , Wowzers was it hard too get rid of though ! Until the DJ of LocalXRadio gave Me the MicroPhone for the special announcement - the Show is not Sold Out ! We have One ticket for $40 !- and just like that , Magik <Will & Intention ... Friendly , Cool Larry was there to receive the Marvelous gift , ...Some observations on the Venue , - At the top corners of the building in stone was 'The Cross of Lorraine' , all around the building ! and the address was "1555"