PDA

View Full Version : The End Times Tour [081]: Jul 31 2015 - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater - Wantagh, New York, USA

Norsefire
03-31-2015, 08:59 AM
Jul 31
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS - MARILYN MANSON
THE END TIMES TOUR
Venue: Nikon At Jones Beach Theater

http://www.providermodule.com/news/uploads/the-end-times-tour-hd.jpg

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/ - http://www.marilynmanson.com/

Members Attending:

Dronepool

FeedYourHead
03-31-2015, 09:02 AM
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT EVERYTHING IS SEATED ONLY?!?!?!?!?
I AM FREAKING OUT IN THE WORST WAY THIS IS HORRIBLE.

Dronepool
04-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Got mine.

Show #14

Dronepool
05-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Anybody else going to this?

AntiSocial
05-19-2015, 11:10 PM

I wish I was but I just don't wanna go alone. I missed the concert in January because of the blizzard, and I can't convince the people who were going with me to pay the higher price for the tickets to this tour.

FeedYourHead
07-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Blue moon tomorrow.

Hazekiah
07-30-2015, 12:45 PM
^ Hopefully, that means they'll play "Cake and Sodomy," lol.

I'm gonna try! I'll be in line outside of the venue, if nothing else, so hmu...I found another stolen present for you in my luggage.

:)

I just don't wanna go alone.

IRONY!

\o/

Tater
07-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Prolly hitting this now~

Hazekiah
07-31-2015, 09:20 AM
Headed there now and this time I even have a ticket!

CONFIRMED, w00t.

Just saw Mayhem Fest there a few days ago...pretty cool venue! Definitely looking forward to seeing Manson there today. Should be lovely with a nice, cool breeze off the ocean.

:)

cataract777
07-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Yes, it definitely looks like a cool venue.
http://i57.tinypic.com/2ilyahi.jpg

FeedYourHead
07-31-2015, 10:53 AM
HATE IT.
(except actually. because there's like no sound and you can't ever see anything or get out of your row of seats without making every single person get up like on an airplane).

Barring imminent death, I will there.

cataract777
07-31-2015, 12:24 PM
HATE IT.
(except actually. because there's like no sound and you can't ever see anything or get out of your row of seats without making every single person get up like on an airplane).

Barring imminent death, I will there.

I hate amphitheaters. *Heads over to the Hate 4 thread*

Hazekiah
07-31-2015, 02:20 PM
My bff and fellow former-'Phant Jack is probably doing Twiggy's makeup tonight, btw...any high-quality close-up shots of his work at this show would be VASTLY appreciated!

XD

07-31-2015, 03:12 PM
Jack? That's awesome!

Zsa Zsa
07-31-2015, 04:04 PM
My bff and fellow former-'Phant Jack is probably doing Twiggy's makeup tonight, btw...any high-quality close-up shots of his work at this show would be VASTLY appreciated!

XD

Love it.

Cringeon
07-31-2015, 04:11 PM
I saw j_abby's make up he did for him before, turned Twiggy onto the brand he works for I think. Good stuff :)

Hazekiah
07-31-2015, 04:41 PM
Oh, you know...just hangin' backstage, nbd.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Hazekiah/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1264_1_zpsetfjj1wh.jpg

FeedYourHead
07-31-2015, 07:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UsTF496.jpg

My phone wont fucking download the imgur app and the mobile version wont let me resize so deal with this for now.

edit: sorry, that was a pretty obnoxious way to phrase that, I was just really mad at my phone.

Cringeon
07-31-2015, 09:59 PM

FeedYourHead
07-31-2015, 10:06 PM
Sorry I was having a huge fight with my phone before and smashing pumpkins was happening.

So, I ended up on the rail in front of Paul at a seated only show? Idk? Is that a thing that normally happens at seated shows? That was pretty fucking amazing since I had prepared myself to just barely be able to see something between peoples' heads maybe. It was also interesting because since there were still chairs in what would be the pit, there could only be like 3 or 4 (from what I could tell) rows of people along the length of the rail and everyone else filed back into the aisles between sections of seats, so there was SO MUCH ROOM between people it was insane. I smashed up one of my knees against the rail because I actually had room to move and I didn't know like, that doing what I normally try to do would smash my knee. Also there was less energy and a lot of people looked like they had no idea what to do with themselves.

Setlist was obviously the same, Manson was great and also fully lucid. He was in a great mood. I don't really remember Deep Six or Disposable Teens very well because that was when people started forming a makeshift pit and I got sent back to my seat at first and it was still daylight out and it was weird.

Has he ever made the "Rock is dead but my cock is not dead" joke before tonight?
He pulled two chicks up onto the stage during The Beautiful People and they proceeded to like, table dance which was somewhat ironic.
Angel With The Scabbed Wings was fucking ridiculous (in a good way).
I understand why he kept Personal Jesus now.

Is it me or does Paul pretty much never look at the audience?
I could carry on about how I wish he played x instead of y but I won't.
I was a little disappointed by the way the stilts look in person during Sweet Dreams tbh.

Oh. My god though, did I hate everyone there. That was like the most long island thing ever in the worst way. When Cage was playing and nobody was in the venue yet because it was supposed to be seats only so why would anyone get there early, a bunch of forty-something women with botox and sweaters and white capris sat down in front of me and proceeded to show each other photos of their kids in soccer uniforms and giggle while sipping their beer and talking shit about how much younger everyone around them was. There is just no way they even knew like, which bands were playing that night.
The guy directly behind me who was triple my height with a stupid fucking overgrown-frat boy-long island bro accent just kept yelling SETLIIIIIIST as if that would somehow do anything other than make everyone wish he weren't there.

The smashing pumpkins were fucking massive. I'm not very familiar with them and didn't know what to expect and they were incredible. They deserve to be playing third.

Golden Eel
07-31-2015, 10:09 PM

Hey btw, PM has an Instagram embedding fuction now.

p/508U3dCkni

FeedYourHead
07-31-2015, 10:09 PM
Motherfucker you just started a new page of posts RIGHT as i posted.

Cringeon
07-31-2015, 10:15 PM
Hey btw, PM has an Instagram embedding fuction now.

p/508U3dCknion my phone couldn't embed, but for your faggotry, consider those new features requested delayed ;)

cataract777
07-31-2015, 10:42 PM
Motherfucker you just started a new page of posts RIGHT as i posted.

It was a good review of the show. I used to be really annoyed by the Pumpkins, and still am a tad, but I'd definitely stay after Manson to see them live. And Twiggy's make up looks incredible.

Wormboy96
08-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Looks like a badass show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKbHKR30mPc

YoureAlreadyHere
08-01-2015, 08:00 AM
a bunch of forty-something women with botox and sweaters and white capris sat down in front of me and proceeded to show each other photos of their kids in soccer uniforms and giggle while sipping their beer and talking shit about how much younger everyone around them was. There is just no way they even knew like, which bands were playing that night.

roflmfao

Tater
08-01-2015, 12:33 PM
M was blitzed. Still a good/energetic gig. Billy was amazing again, fairly full of personality. The crowd was fucking shit, most annoying I've encountered at anyone's performance in years, way too many ditchers.

NapalmHeart
08-01-2015, 01:12 PM
M was blitzed.

Shocking.

FeedYourHead
08-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Sorry I was having a huge fight with my phone before and smashing pumpkins was happening.

So, I ended up on the rail in front of Paul at a seated only show? Idk? Is that a thing that normally happens at seated shows? That was pretty fucking amazing since I had prepared myself to just barely be able to see something between peoples' heads maybe. It was also interesting because since there were still chairs in what would be the pit, there could only be like 3 or 4 (from what I could tell) rows of people along the length of the rail and everyone else filed back into the aisles between sections of seats, so there was SO MUCH ROOM between people it was insane. I smashed up one of my knees against the rail because I actually had room to move and I didn't know like, that doing what I normally try to do would smash my knee. Also there was less energy and a lot of people looked like they had no idea what to do with themselves.

Setlist was obviously the same, Manson was great and also fully lucid. He was in a great mood. I don't really remember Deep Six or Disposable Teens very well because that was when people started forming a makeshift pit and I got sent back to my seat at first and it was still daylight out and it was weird.

Has he ever made the "Rock is dead but my cock is not dead" joke before tonight?
He pulled two chicks up onto the stage during The Beautiful People and they proceeded to like, table dance which was somewhat ironic.
Angel With The Scabbed Wings was fucking ridiculous (in a good way).
I understand why he kept Personal Jesus now.

Is it me or does Paul pretty much never look at the audience?
I could carry on about how I wish he played x instead of y but I won't.
I was a little disappointed by the way the stilts look in person during Sweet Dreams tbh.

Oh. My god though, did I hate everyone there. That was like the most long island thing ever in the worst way. When Cage was playing and nobody was in the venue yet because it was supposed to be seats only so why would anyone get there early, a bunch of forty-something women with botox and sweaters and white capris sat down in front of me and proceeded to show each other photos of their kids in soccer uniforms and giggle while sipping their beer and talking shit about how much younger everyone around them was. There is just no way they even knew like, which bands were playing that night.
The guy directly behind me who was triple my height with a stupid fucking overgrown-frat boy-long island bro accent just kept yelling SETLIIIIIIST as if that would somehow do anything other than make everyone wish he weren't there.

The smashing pumpkins were fucking massive. I'm not very familiar with them and didn't know what to expect and they were incredible. They deserve to be playing third.

I keep thinking of things I want to add to my review.

I think this rendition of ACSS was one of the best ones I've seen. He hit all his cues and was completely engaged and wrapped up in the performance the entire time. Like, during the first beat he threw one set of mics over the podium, second beat, he thew a second set over. His rising arms/appropriate placements, throwing the mic, were all SPOT ON, he didn't rely on the crowd to do any of the vocals for him. I mean, I know there's not really like a wrong way to do ACSS because it'll still have just as huge of an impact, but this one just really hit hard and hit all the marks as a performance as a whole. And adding the burning bible was a great call.

I understand the relevancy of the smaller double cross podium used for Personal Jesus but I'm a little bit critical of how he uses that because he like, instinctively went to lean over and hang from it like what he does during ACSS, and I felt like that kind of detracted from the performances of both songs because it made them less original or unique.

I just remembered that I think there were chunks during mObscene where he just stopped saying the lyrics, but I wasn't directly in front of him and sound was shit in general so I'm not really sure what the issue there was.

I think that Lunchbox is not the right song to be a setlist staple because it ended up being mostly a recording from what I could tell (emphasis on from what I could tell) but I think something else like Cake and Sodomy that relied less on backtrack playing would have made the perfect staple. I wanted to be really excited to finally get to see Lunchbox (as he pointed out, it was the first time he's ever played it in NY) but it kind of sounded more like I was listening to him karaoke over the actual track.

lol before one of the songs he went to say "I don't normally talk about my personal life" *cue giants electrical mess of feedback from somewhere* which I at first interpreted as like, a buh-dum-tsh thing like after a joke and cracked me up, but then he was like "it would appear god doesn't want me to talk about my personal life." Wish I remembered what song that was before though.

gunz
08-01-2015, 04:26 PM
I uploaded a video from Raleigh where he said the rock n cock joke...the crowds have sucked balls this leg of the tour....jfc....chairs in the pits are awful...

Cringeon
08-01-2015, 06:31 PM
The only backing or samples for Lunchbox are the vocal samples being triggered by Daniel Fox. The organ and all music is def played live.

YoureAlreadyHere
08-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Cake & Sod would be fun, but I loved hearing lunchbox live...

Speaking of:https://instagram.com/p/52-JasikpE/

FeedYourHead
08-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Two more things.

I think it was during Coma White but I'm not entirely sure - a moth fucking landed on Manson's head. He didn't swat at it or anything. There was just a moth sitting on his head MMT-style.

The video that got posted in this thread just happened to be taken by the person who was directly to my left on the rail. You can see Tater a lot in the middle of the rail right in front of Manson. My hand is also especially featured because of where the person's camera was - I took 3 screenshots cause it greatly amused me to just see Marilyn Manson - and my hand. I was originally trying to look for a place in the video to take a screenshot so that it looked like Manson was wearing my mickey mouse ring as mouse ears, but because of the angle that shot sadly doesn't exist.

http://i.imgur.com/olfZtYi.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/o2xo6N2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ai1KzVU.jpg?1

AntiSocial
08-01-2015, 09:08 PM
I wanted to be really excited to finally get to see Lunchbox (as he pointed out, it was the first time he's ever played it in NY) but it kind of sounded more like I was listening to him karaoke over the actual track.

No way in hell can that be true.
edit: According to MansonWiki they've played it in NY as far back as 1994

FeedYourHead
08-01-2015, 09:16 PM
The only backing or samples for Lunchbox are the vocal samples being triggered by Daniel Fox. The organ and all music is def played live.

No way in hell can that be true.

The music was for sure played live, that's never what I meant.
AntiSocial - I can find a video of pretty much every single song except this one for some reason. Maybe it was just the shitty sound in the venue? I just watched the Boston video and it seems like that performance of Lunchbox was SO much better than the one at this show.

Tater
08-02-2015, 12:29 AM
lol before one of the songs he went to say "I don't normally talk about my personal life" *cue giants electrical mess of feedback from somewhere* which I at first interpreted as like, a buh-dum-tsh thing like after a joke and cracked me up, but then he was like "it would appear god doesn't want me to talk about my personal life." Wish I remembered what song that was before though.

Third Day.

prettyasprinces
08-02-2015, 03:47 AM
it's not true. I've seen him do it a handful of times- the last time was possibly at roseland for the greatest hits tour?
I think he was saying one of the first times he played lunchbox was in NY...

gunz
08-02-2015, 06:01 AM
Feed, I love this raw, knitty-gritty review. You don't see alot of "real" reviews on other fan sites. It's alot of people kissing ass. So, thank you. The soccer mom line had me in stitches because it is so true not only up north.

FeedYourHead
08-02-2015, 11:22 AM
it's not true. I've seen him do it a handful of times- the last time was possibly at roseland for the greatest hits tour?
I think he was saying one of the first times he played lunchbox was in NY...

Oh is that what everyone was saying about Lunchbox? that idk about. sorry, I got confused.

prettyasprinces
08-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Oh is that what everyone was saying about Lunchbox? that idk about. sorry, I got confused.

nbd! I can't understand half the stuff he says.
it was nice to see you guys all made it up front...

FeedYourHead
08-02-2015, 11:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MPmJz26.png?1

Can we please talk about this for a second though.

FuckmanQ
08-03-2015, 12:31 AM

I do find it funny that he's wearing a Denny's shirt just so that possibly Manson will notice.

FeedYourHead
08-03-2015, 01:47 PM
OMG I just remembered - I think it was after TBP and before Coma White, Manson really aggressively knocked over two amps or speakers or some kind of equipment on stage and it was actually really awesome. I don't think it was anger I think it was just energy. Also sorry I keep like, bumping this thread, I just am not remembering everything at the same time apparently.

cataract777
08-03-2015, 02:24 PM
OMG I just remembered - I think it was after TBP and before Coma White, Manson really aggressively knocked over two amps or speakers or something kind of equipment on stage and it was actually really awesome. I don't think it was anger I think it was just energy. Also sorry I keep like, bumping this thread, I just am not remembering everything at the same time apparently.

It's ok, your little bursts of recollection are good to read. And no, I'm not being shady.

Tater
08-03-2015, 06:48 PM

HOLY SHIT THE SHIRT JUST HIT ME

Edit: Wow that was the worst unintentional pun I've ever spouted

YoureAlreadyHere
08-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Fucking love it, and Tater's pun

Ahahahha

Wormboy96
08-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Hahah, I love Daisy