PDA

View Full Version : The End Times Tour [066]: Jul 09 2015 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Irvine, California, USA

Norsefire
03-31-2015, 09:22 AM
Jul 09
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS - MARILYN MANSON
THE END TIMES TOUR
Venue: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

http://www.providermodule.com/news/uploads/the-end-times-tour-hd.jpg

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/ - http://www.marilynmanson.com/

Members Attending:

VelvetAIDS
07-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Wow, nothing?

Well, according to setlist.fm....

Deep Six
Disposable Teens
mOBSCENE
No Reflection
Third Day of a Seven Day Binge
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
Angel With the Scabbed Wings
Personal Jesus
Rock Is Dead
The Dope Show
Lunchbox
Antichrist Superstar
The Beautiful People

RockTheMullet
07-09-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm glad I got to hear Love Song over Personal Jesus in Concord!

blue angel
07-10-2015, 12:57 AM
What happened, nothing happened?

mechanim
07-10-2015, 03:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/user/mlemense01/videos

almost whole show, cross made it's way on stage.

thatrussianman
07-10-2015, 03:37 AM
I was there! Excellent show all around. Everyone seemed pretty happy, especially with the inclusion of AWTSW and LB. Wish there was more pale emperor on there but oh well. Smashing pumpkins were great, too. Yeah, not much to say. I was in a top hat!

Mephisto
07-10-2015, 03:49 AM
Pumpkins set is two hours long and Manson is one hour. Shame

Shangri-LIE
07-10-2015, 05:43 AM
Smashing Pumpkins Set List

1.) Cherub Rock

2.) Bullet with Butterfly Wings

3.) Tonight, Tonight

4.) Ava Adore

5.) Drum + Fife

6.) One and All (We Are)

7.) The Everlasting Gaze

8.) Zero

9.) The Crying Tree of Mercury

10.) Mayonaise

11.) Disarm (Acoustic)

12.) Landslide

13.) 1979

14.) Run2Me

15.) Thru the Eyes of Ruby

16.) Stand inside your love (W/Drum Solo)

17.) United States

Encore

18.) Geek U.S.A

thousand_kisses
07-10-2015, 05:50 AM
so, two shows and he still hasn't come out to do a song w/Smashing Pumpkins like he said he was going to? that's strange...

bryan_65
07-10-2015, 06:49 AM
Well if I manage to make a show I guess I could at least leave early. And why oh why is Personal Jesus back over The Love Song.

SideshowGreg
07-10-2015, 06:54 AM
Does anyone know what time it was when Manson started to play?

Mephisto
07-10-2015, 07:08 AM
This leg of the tour is going downhill already. For Manson.

NapalmHeart
07-10-2015, 07:18 AM
This leg of the tour is going downhill already. For Manson.

Wait what.

And where's all that hate for Personal Jesus coming from all of a sudden? If that's not a great performance and stage show, then I don't know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw-dIHXAS7E

Hell, even Sweet Dreams is fucking amazing on this tour.

thousand_kisses
07-10-2015, 07:19 AM
kind of wish he'd pass on these "co-headlining" tours, really.

bryan_65
07-10-2015, 07:29 AM
Wait what.

And where's all that hate for Personal Jesus coming from all of a sudden? If that's not a great performance and stage show, then I don't know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WuE_pBCD9Ej

I have seen PJ 6 times now. In a short set there is no times for another over played cover.

cataract777
07-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Wait what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw-dIHXAS7E

Hell, even Sweet Dreams is fucking amazing on this tour.

I myself don't mind Personal Jesus, I especially loved it during the Hey, Cruel World tour with he MLK Jr intro. It was so badass. I think it's a fun song. If I had to choose between Personal Jesus being played live and Sweet Dreams, I'd choose Personal Jesus.

Shangri-LIE
07-11-2015, 06:22 AM
How about cutting out the covers altogether? I don't know any other band that routinely does one or more cover song every performance. Not that bands and other artists don't do covers, but they don't make them permanent place holders on their set lists.

NapalmHeart
07-11-2015, 08:39 AM
You're seriously gonna compare Manson to other bands who do shitty covers? Manson made those songs his own. They were also some of his biggest hits and people wanna hear them, believe it or not. End of story. Not everyone has 6000 posts in a fan forum and follows Manson's every step. It's always cool to hear people impressed, saying shit like "wow cool, he played Sweet Dreams". So can we put this whining about the setlist aside now, after 20 years?

bryan_65
07-11-2015, 08:39 AM
How about cutting out the covers altogether? I don't know any other band that routinely does one or more cover song every performance. Not that bands and other artists don't do covers, but they don't make them permanent place holders on their set lists.

Or at least break out I Put A Spell On You.

NapalmHeart
07-11-2015, 09:17 AM
^Oh yeah. His biggest hit.

Shangri-LIE
07-11-2015, 09:48 AM
You're seriously gonna compare Manson to other bands who do shitty covers? Manson made those songs his own. They were also some of his biggest hits and people wanna hear them, believe it or not. End of story. Not everyone has 6000 posts in a fan forum and follows Manson's every step. It's always cool to hear people impressed, saying shit like "wow cool, he played Sweet Dreams". So can we put this whining about the setlist aside now, after 20 years?

I've been pretty polite lately, but I almost spit my water out. I have an 11 part question. Well, no. A two part question. I can narrow it down to two. 1.) What in the fuck are you actually talking about? and 2.) What does my post count have to do with anything? lol - You completely misread my statement. "Manson made those songs on his own". .....I about punched my monitor. Thanks. It was also a good laugh.

bryan_65
07-11-2015, 10:02 AM
A simple wiki Since its release, the song has been covered by numerous artists including Gravity Kills,Marilyn Manson,Sammy Hagar,Jerry Williams,Lollipop Lust Kill, Nina Hagen,Richard Cheese,and Johnny Cash.

Personal Jesus. I first heard. the Gravity Kill version then I thought Manson's sounded like a rip off of thier verson

TMC
07-11-2015, 10:11 AM

When it comes to Sweet Dreams or I Put a Spell on You I agree, but Manson's version of Personal Jesus is far from being anything special and definitely not changed enough to be called his own song.
And the problem that I have with Manson's setlists lately, which I wrote about a couple of times now, is that he cares about what people want him to play. As an artist he should never listen to what people want and just play whatever he wants. I simply can't believe that someone who claims that Target Audience and Lamb of God are his favorite songs he ever recorded, plays some boring, overplayed singles just because that's what he wants to do. He is simply trying to play what he thinks the audience wants to hear, which is a very bad idea.

^Oh yeah. His biggest hit.

I didn't know it was a "greatest hits" tour.

Cringeon
07-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Personal Jesus embodies a certain vibe of this era and tour and I personally can't wait to see it Monday. It's one of the biggest crowd responses of the whole show, even when oldies like Angel or Crucifiction are busted out, Personal Jesus gets the whole place dancing and hopping.

Mephisto
07-11-2015, 11:18 AM
When it comes to Sweet Dreams or I Put a Spell on You I agree, but Manson's version of Personal Jesus is far from being anything special and definitely not changed enough to be called his own song.
And the problem that I have with Manson's setlists lately, which I wrote about a couple of times now, is that he cares about what people want him to play. As an artist he should never listen to what people want and just play whatever he wants. I simply can't believe that someone who claims that Target Audience and Lamb of God are his favorite songs he ever recorded, plays some boring, overplayed singles just because that's what he wants to do. He is simply trying to play what he thinks the audience wants to hear, which is a very bad idea.

I didn't know it was a "greatest hits" tour.

T H I S !

cataract777
07-11-2015, 12:26 PM
But that's the thing, in an interview before the End Times started, Manson stated he liked to create a set list and play that same set list night after night after night after night. He likes it because it becomes routine. That may suck, but if that's the way he likes to do business, then that's the way it's going to continue to be.

He may like to play "greatest hit" tracks such as "Rock Is Dead", "Personal Jesus", "Sweet Dreams" etc, because, to him, it's become routine. Obviously, after all of these years, that's definitely bound to happen.

TMC
07-11-2015, 01:05 PM
But that's the thing, in an interview before the End Rimes started, Manson stated he liked to create a set list and play that same set list night after night after night after night. He likes it because it becomes routine. That may suck, but if that's the way he likes to do business, then that's the way it's going to continue to be.

He may like to play "greatest hit" tracks such as "Rock Is Dead", "Personal Jesus", "Sweet Dreams" etc, because, to him, it's become routine. Obviously, after all of these years, that's definitely bound to happen.

You may be right, it's highly possible. It's just sad that he's still trying to be seen as an edgy artist but instead acts like and old, burned out, former rockstar. I would expect some really old band that not many people even remember today, such as 80's glam rock bands or the lesser known grunge bands from the 90's, to do exactly that - playing their greatest hits at an amusement park or some pickle festival, but not Manson. He is still able to release not only a decent record, but a great one which he has proven with TPE. Too bad the tour is not on the same level as the album.

NapalmHeart
07-11-2015, 02:30 PM
I've been pretty polite lately, but I almost spit my water out. I have an 11 part question. Well, no. A two part question. I can narrow it down to two. 1.) What in the fuck are you actually talking about? and 2.) What does my post count have to do with anything? lol - You completely misread my statement. "Manson made those songs on his own". .....I about punched my monitor. Thanks. It was also a good laugh.

Learn how to read. I said that he made the songs his own, meaning that unlike many other artists who play their occasional covers, Manson's covers are an essential part of his discograpghy, they're unique, some of his biggest hits and critically acclaimed. I never said Manson made the songs ON his own. That would mean something entirely different, I'm aware of that. Again, learn how to read. Then you'd even understand what I'm talking about.

Shangri-LIE
07-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Learn how to read. I said that he made the songs his own, meaning that unlike many other artists who play their occasional covers, Manson's covers are an essential part of his discograpghy, they're unique, some of his biggest hits and critically acclaimed. I never said Manson made the songs ON his own. That would mean something entirely different, I'm aware of that. Again, learn how to read. Then you'd even understand what I'm talking about.

Oh.

NapalmHeart
07-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Oh.

Now go say sorry to your monitor.

Shangri-LIE
07-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Now go say sorry to your monitor.

Oh.

Mephisto
07-13-2015, 03:54 AM
www.ocweekly.com/slideshow/smashing-pumpkins-and-marilyn-manson-verizon-wireless-amphitheater-42135159/8/