PDA

View Full Version : Tour [112]: Nov 21 2015 - Civic Hall - Wolverhampton, England

Norsefire
06-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Nov 21 2015
Venue: Civic Hall

Tickets / Info: http://www.wolvescivic.co.uk/-/show-details/103286/marilyn-manson

Members Attending:

Norsefire
kk_15
MrPogo

kk_15
06-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Going.

kk_15
06-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Norsefire, don't you think this will be an unusual venue? Pretty sure he hasn't done it here since 1996 and I'm sure it will be one sweaty and intimate show haha just like Brixton in July three or so years ago which was kick ass.

Norsefire
06-18-2015, 04:52 PM
I've never been to this venue before. It's always cool to visit new places when following bands on their tours.

MrPogo
06-19-2015, 03:23 AM
I'm going! Already liking this venue as it proved to be a lot easier to buy tickets to (London was a fucking nightmare of websites not working properly!).

Mansoniser
08-24-2015, 07:37 AM
Officially going as of about half an hour ago, hallelujah.

kk_15
10-19-2015, 06:12 AM
anyone received tickets yet?

Mansoniser
10-21-2015, 12:07 PM
anyone received tickets yet?

I received my tickets almost straight away after booking them.

kk_15
11-18-2015, 01:29 PM
so excite gonna get there early to get to the front, might say hi to some of you if i recognize ya ennit

Mansoniser
11-19-2015, 08:51 AM
Definitely going to try to get there early, which means drinking throughout the day!

kk_15
11-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Definitely going to try to get there early, which means drinking throughout the day!

babe i would be too but i've got work 9-4 so just rushing home, getting makeup on and rushing back, monday's manchester show will be more relaxed tho.

Mansoniser
11-20-2015, 03:48 AM
babe i would be too but i've got work 9-4 so just rushing home, getting makeup on and rushing back, monday's manchester show will be more relaxed tho.

Ah, well I'm in Birmingham so luckily I have no rushing to do. Just getting my eyeliner done and getting the train.
My first Manson show since 2009 I can't wait.

Principiante
11-20-2015, 04:47 AM
I'm attending :D

MrPogo
11-20-2015, 06:41 AM
Any idea where's good to park nearby? Needs to be pretty close to the venue, cos it's a three hour drive home then I've got a half marathon to run at 9AM!

kk_15
11-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Ah, well I'm in Birmingham so luckily I have no rushing to do. Just getting my eyeliner done and getting the train.
My first Manson show since 2009 I can't wait.

yeah yeah mine since birmingham twins of evil in 2012! he ain't played this venue since 1996 and it is tight as fuck man went to see "psychic sally" there before haha

Mansoniser
11-20-2015, 11:37 PM
I'll be there in red jeans and a Bowie shirt, so if anyone sees me feel free to say hi and we can make sweet sweet love.

kk_15
11-21-2015, 05:31 AM
I'll be there in red jeans and a Bowie shirt, so if anyone sees me feel free to say hi and we can make sweet sweet love.

dude if i catch you or norsefire imma kiss yall

Mansoniser
11-21-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm just in a pub near the civic Hall, I'm just leaving now!

Mansoniser
11-21-2015, 02:10 PM
I'm in the cen

Mansoniser
11-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Centre *

Whisky And Speed
11-21-2015, 02:12 PM
How is the sow so far when it comes to energy,performance and audience?

Norsefire
11-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Quick details:

Same set list as London.
Venue was really small in comparison, which was awesome!
I was at the front for London, for this one we was in the middle... just as much energy in the crowd. Actually I think MM said we were better than London at one point. Really get show!
I'm slowly putting some pics on Provider Module social networks.
I took some videos of Sweet Dreams and AWTSW, but they'll wait until I'm home next week.

Mansoniser
11-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Honestly it was amazing. I have no words to describe it.

Freeston3r
11-22-2015, 02:03 AM
So jealous of you guys right now. No UK shows are near me :(

Principiante
11-22-2015, 02:15 AM
Ok, back at home now from the show.

So good. Even better than the London show. The amount of times Manson came down to the crowd must have meant that he was far more impressed with the audience this time.... And the audience helped more as well, calling for him some times (ok, let me rephrase, better than London, but still not completely crazy in terms of audience enthusiasm)

Which leads me to the next point: people complain that sometimes Manson is not so energetic or into the show at times but I am starting to believe that some audiences he plays to are getting very spoiled concerning their expectations of the show. It seems to me that people now believe that the star of the show has to put up the best show on earth for their statuses updates on their social networking and their selfies, which is completely crazy... Too much of a good thing (Manson shows and people taking them for granted) seems to somehow be impairing the show experience for everyone, with more flashes from cameras than clapping and singing and shouting for Manson (for example), and even the encore now feels just like part of the show routine, rather than a spontaneous final song or songs that would be conceded by the star if the audience really surpassed everyone´s expectations... I am not seeing things changing so soon, but hopefully, I will maybe have opportunities to attend his shows in places he doesn't go so often and seems to be more appreciated.

MrPogo
11-22-2015, 03:01 AM
I thought the crowd seemed far more quiet and still compared to London (was standing about a third of the way back for both), although the music was also a lot louder here, which I guess would make the relative volume of the audience seem lower!

kk_15
11-22-2015, 04:58 AM
that was the best show i have had the privilege of attending, we ended up a few feet away in the corner on twiggy's side even after arriving late. the opening act were decent but then the crew came on to do soundcheck and there was no sighting of manson until about half 9 (doors opened at 7) but he certainly made up for it and then some. deep six was solid, on he came in the skull face makeup then kindly apologised for being late with only the charm he can pull off, told us how we were "deafening and beat london", shit then went wild with disposable teens and after him and twiggy had a moment and started shit talking something about "crazy houses" for ages until we went into mobscene or no reflection (can't remember), he was very thankful and upbeat making tons of comments and prancing about the stage like a cat on heat. sweet dreams was done better than expected and the stilts really added to the feel. then we got the 1996 trilogy starting with angel scabbed wings which got a strong response, tourniquet followed and i broke down crying while screaming along to the chorus (personal and meaningful favourite of mine) but then got shit scared when he abruptly segued into hate anthem which made people lose their shit. it was a bit of a wait but then they returned with dope show but not before manson broke a condom full of coke everywhere. antichrist superstar totally kicked ass then the usual over-excited reaction to beautiful people although manson himself seemed to have got stuck in the front of the crowd (no barriers) yet he was loving it. coma white with the snow gave me the chills and faded out to him singing along acoustic to the horde leaving him to bow out gracefully.

Principiante
11-22-2015, 08:50 AM
I thought the crowd seemed far more quiet and still compared to London (was standing about a third of the way back for both), although the music was also a lot louder here, which I guess would make the relative volume of the audience seem lower!

This time I noticed more chants and calling for him from the crowd, even clapping and stomping, co'ordinated, which didn't happen in London.
But yes, less people crowd surfing and having to be removed from the front than in London... Which measure you would use to define crowd craziness?

MrPogo
11-22-2015, 09:29 AM
To me it looked like far less interaction from the crowd, with far fewer people responding when they tried to get them to clap along or whatever, jumping about far less, not as much cheering etc. Maybe the different perceptions all depend on what's happening in the area where you're standing!

Principiante
11-22-2015, 10:05 AM
true.... but it can't be denied that Manson came off stage far more times than in London to sing with the crowd, so that must mean something

PS: this is me being picky about things. I enjoyed both shows, and I could have shows just like these for the rest of life I wouldn't be bothered... but things are much better when everything just goes crazy :D

kk_15
11-22-2015, 11:20 AM
No they were really into the performance and served me everything I wanted

kk_15
12-12-2015, 02:01 PM
really neat review got me jogging my memory

check it out http://nativemonster.com/music/bands-and-gigs/gig-reviews/review-marilyn-manson-civic-hall-wolverhampton

best i seen him in ages and was very suprised

Principiante
12-15-2015, 03:04 PM
Whoºs this guy???

I've seen in already in quite a few shows, but never managed to understand if he used to spend time here in the forum...

http://i65.tinypic.com/m9sphj.jpg

Principiante
12-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Also, he was saw speaking with Norsefire at the end of the show, possibly also waiting to see the band...