PDA

View Full Version : Opening sample to Sweet Dreams?

kk_15
06-28-2015, 06:40 PM
So I'm watching some old shows and stumble across this one:

http://youtu.be/HtZhxLhG76w

And it hits me, why is Manson saying "one of us, gobble-gobba", at the start as Pogo's triggering the sample intro of that really strange sound that has always opened up Sweet Dreams before the riff begins? All along has it been an incredibly slowed down and distorted edition of the famous scene/quote from the 1932 film "Freaks"?

Any elaboration would be great.

Nemoris Inferioris
06-28-2015, 07:07 PM
All i could watch was at 0:11 John 5 is like "Ok Manson, shut up. Let's get going" lol. I guess he was in a bad mood that whole performance, especially when he freaks out on MM.

AntiSocial
06-28-2015, 10:37 PM
I don't think the song samples that movie. I think he just used to say that a lot during Grotesk Burlesk tour. I never heard of that movie until he talked about it during some Q&A on his website around the time GAOG released.

mirthavidela
06-29-2015, 12:44 AM
Last night editing that intro (álbum intro for sweet dreams) i could hear and I think it says "Time for cake and sodomy"

Norsefire
06-29-2015, 04:04 PM
What Manson is saying from FREAKS is because he just sang Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag... "You're one of us"
So it's got nothing to do with Sweet Dreams.

kk_15
07-01-2015, 11:17 AM
What Manson is saying from FREAKS is because he just sang Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag... "You're one of us"
So it's got nothing to do with Sweet Dreams.

Thanks for clearing that one up Norsefire, I did write that post at like 3am haha, must have put two and two together thinking I had a revelation.

PogosRevenge
07-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Someone once suggested that samples from the 1992 film "Bad Channels" (from Full Moon Pictures) were used in that, however this could be false, and there could be more than one source of samples in the into/outro of the track.