PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Message/Verse In Tourniquet

Nemoris Inferioris
08-10-2015, 12:54 PM
I recently found a acapella of Tourniquet, with some Backing Tracks, i heard Manson saying something. One layer is backwards, and the other isn't. Now, i heard this before i heard this acapella in the original version of the song, but now i can say it's officially there.
Here is the acapella:
The message starts @3:14 and ends @3:23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XowqX04LWA

It is hard to tell what he is saying, that's why i need all of you to discuss and figure this out. Sounds like "I give you Flowers, You call this love" or somewhere around that, but i don't know what it says in the backwards track.

*Also, no i am not talking about the reversed vocals in the beginning.

thatrussianman
08-10-2015, 03:37 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Take that segment of audio into Audacity, amplify it, reverse it, and you can hear Manon clearly say,
"I wanna control her because I am weakened by her."

That gave me shivers.

Nemoris Inferioris
08-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Interesting. Told yall i wasn't crazy lol.

Cringeon
08-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Yup, this has come up a few times. I think I had a thread where I edited the sample down, but there was also this one
http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/6476-Get-Your-Gunn-Hidden-Message

Nemoris Inferioris
08-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Haven't seen that thread. I guess that Get Your Gunn acapella was from the same guy who did the Tourniquet one.

Nemoris Inferioris
08-10-2015, 08:11 PM
I believe there are still a lot to be discovered in Antichrist Svperstar.

dskzero
08-11-2015, 06:12 AM
... you know what still puzzles me about this song?

The final screams.

I googled the lyrics and there are several different transcriptions (take your, take your, get up out of me, i'm not proud with me? what the fuck?).

Anyone knows?

Nemoris Inferioris
08-11-2015, 02:10 PM
I just go with the lyrics in the Official Booklet.

The Empirical Guy
08-12-2015, 04:38 AM
There are none for the part they're talking about.

dskzero
08-12-2015, 06:02 AM
Goddammit :(

S.D.
08-12-2015, 07:00 AM
I've never really discussed Tourniquet with other fans before, for whatever reason, so here's a few thoughts that may help.

He deviates from the booklet even in the written verses. As the song peaks he sings "I never wanted it to end like this", whereas the book states 'I never wanted it to end this way'. I'm also pretty sure that he sings "Things that cannot speak" as it begins, rather than 'Things I cannot speak', which the booklet says. There's loads of examples like that in his booklets though, so it's not really a secret.

That third section at the end, the piece that isn't written on the lyric sheet, well this is as succinct a reading of it as I've ever been able to muster. It could just be deliberately ambiguous, Manson may even have not been able to recall his exact lyric from the studio. You'd have to scrutinise all the live performances of the song and see if it's any clearer there at any stage. Here is my reading of it, though. "flies will lay their eggs" is the last section written in the booklet, here's what I hear afterwards:-

"Take your hatred out on me, make your victim my head.
You never ever believed in me, I am your Tourniquet.
What I wanted, what I needed, what I got for me.
What I wanted, what I needed, I got for me.
Take your hatred out on me, make your victim my head.
You never ever believed in me, I am your Tourniquet.
Take your, take your... *unknown* me.
I'm not/your **unknown** me.
I never ever believed in me, I am your Tourniquet."

*This sounds like it could possibly be another screaming repetition of 'Hate', but it's too uncertain to be sure, I've occasionally heard 'Help' as well, but I've not found that to make as much sense.
**This is possibly, "I'm not hurting me", or "I'm not burning me", but again, there is no certain way to confirm this.

blue angel
08-12-2015, 07:54 AM
This thread, awesome!

Nemoris Inferioris
08-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Sounds something like "Take your, take you...Found in me...." Listen to that part in that Acapella i posted. The second part has two vocals at once, and sounds like each one, Manson is singing something different.

First layer starts with "I", and the other starts with "You".

dskzero
08-13-2015, 05:46 AM
Can somebody ask Manson?

>_>

Wormboy96
08-13-2015, 07:41 AM
I bet Manson doesn't even know the correct lyrics to this part of the song.

Dellamore
01-30-2016, 11:39 PM
No wonder this song scared me the first time i heard it. Christ.

Nemoris Inferioris
01-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Yup. I think this is Manson's greatest single. It is so dark and to mysterious. That ending verse is still a mystery, and all these hidden message we are only just NOW finding out about, after 20 years of its release.

Twiggz
01-31-2016, 03:11 PM
well this is just fucking awesome... i've spliced, amplified and reversed the bit your talking about...hope the link works :-)
https://vimeo.com/153702479

Over neath Man
01-31-2016, 05:09 PM
I remember Haz had fleshed out the lyrics on the old boards. I'm too lazy to find his summations on this matter.

cataract777
02-04-2016, 11:24 PM
I always thought it was "...get up out of me. I'm not proud of me."

Nemoris Inferioris
02-05-2016, 06:58 AM
It sounds pretty much untranslatable. "Take you, take your _____ ______ me! I ____ ____ me!" I can't understand what he's yelling. Even live he screams it the same, which he probably doesn't know them, or maybe he does. The mystery.

The Overman
02-05-2016, 04:44 PM
I've always heard "take it, take it out on me/I don't really care".

Nemoris Inferioris
02-05-2016, 07:09 PM
See, I don't hear that. The lyrics to this is so debatable.

Over neath Man
02-09-2016, 04:48 PM
I always assumed it said take your, take your punishment.you deceived me. I never believed...

coma15
06-07-2016, 09:31 PM
I think Marilyn may be singing "You're part of me" at the end. Or possibly "Take your, take your, take your part of me."

HG131
08-25-2016, 08:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkcz2dFCIho

Old video is gone, here's another. But I think everyone got one thing wrong. The second message is reversed too. I took it, reversed it, cleaned it up and amplified it. It sounds like he says "This is a point of vulnerability" before "This is my lowest point of vulnerability". Here's a link to the cleaned up reversed one. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmf9v4a3hequ5zt/Tourniquet%20message.mp3?dl=0)

Edit: "I wanna control her because I am weakened by her" Tourniquet 3:11 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5frn3tb9l1tqfbs/control.mp3?dl=0) reversed

Mexicanfiend
08-27-2016, 04:20 PM
What I hear in the "vocal only" video -with headphones, of course- is:

"Take out, take out, enough out of me,
you never cared about me,
I never ever believed in me
I am your tourniquet.

Manson15Marilyn
08-30-2016, 07:38 AM
Take your, take your, hatred out on me
I'm not mad at me

Marsmind