PDA

View Full Version : The Trimurti Triptych - Dadaist in the GODhood

Shangri-LIE
10-27-2015, 06:52 AM
*Prepare yourselves for my first non meandering insight into something that I've always known but simply chose not to utilize in the Analyses/Marilyn Manson Sections to create fan fiction within, as I've explained in the recent thread topic by The Overman about revisiting "Long Hard Road out of Hell".

Many people see burning Crosses, Flags and Bibles as a form of Sacrilege and pure ignorant Rebellion. Well, maybe for Novices it is. But for people adept at understanding that Fire itself is an Element (The Golden Embryo) of Alchemical Rebirth and bringing LIGHT to all things, creating a "New Testament" out of them, if you will. Marilyn Manson as a self proclaimed Degenerate Dadaist, (or an "Accidental Alchemist"/Schizoptypal Entity), has taken many different Philosophies and Doctrines to manifest from his own aesthetic "Tzimtzum", (according to the Kaballah), or "Apeiron" cosmology, (according to Eastern/Hindu beliefs meaning Primal Chaos in an empty space/or a "Hidden Omnipresent Place") , the nature of all of the roles he's satirized/personified. "I'm a Million different things and not one you know.". During "Mechanical Animals", "Antichrist Superstar" and "Holywood", each Record had a cycle or a "Multiple Personalities" particularly the personification of Primordial Man/Adam Kadmon - Adam Kadmon is the first being to spontaneously emerge in the Metaphysical void, which was formed in the center of the Cosmos after the Tzimtzum. The Sefirot and Worlds which they comprise are, according to Luria and his Disciple, Vital, emanated from the various orifices in Adam Kadmonšs Head: From the Ear, the Nose, Eyes, and Mouth. The highest, most sublime of these emanations, forms the World of Atzil. “I think Art is the only thing that’s Spiritual in the World. And I refuse to be forced to believe in other people’s interpretations of God. I don’t think anybody should be. No one person can own the copyright to what God means.” - Marilyn Manson. Uth, from the Hebrew "Etzel", meaning "near" (to the infinite God). However, even higher than Atziluth, according to the Lurianists, is the World of Adam Kadmon itself, often abbreviated as the World of AšK, a world so high and sublime as to be virtually indistinguishable from Ein-sof. From within this Realm, so close to the infinite God, Adam Kadmon directs the subsequent course of events in the lower Worlds. Adam Kadmon of course being the first Human who possessed the DNA and Wisdom of Hidden/Concealed God(s). Which in both the Kaballah and in Hindu Philosophies they both frequently reinterpret divine, cosmological events in terms of stages in the development of Human Consciousness. Both the Kabbalistic and Indian traditions hold that the Religious adherent must integrate into his or her Psyche an aspect of himself (Atman in Indian thought, the Tzelem or divine Spark in the Kabbalah) that normally remains hidden. The two traditions even share specific meditational techniques designed to support this integration.

The Creator, The Preserver and The Destroyer

“I think art is the only thing that’s Spiritual in the World. And I refuse to be forced to believe in other people’s interpretations of God. I don’t think anybody should be. No one person can own the copyright to what God means.” - Marilyn Manson

"On 'Antichrist Superstar', I was being grandiose, saying that I would be this icon that would have a lot of power in my hands and be able to decide many people's future. That ended up being true. Life imitated art and the story started writing itself. 'Mechanical Animals' represented the middle of the story and 'Holy Wood' ties all the pieces together at the start. It's a parable." - Marilyn Manson

Trimurti - Brahma (The Creator), Shiva (The Destroyer) and Vishnu (The Preserver)

"AntiChrist Superstar" being The Destroyer, "Mechanical Animals" being the Creator, (Omega - Who created the world of "Coma" ), and Holywood being the Preserver, or "The Settler", to settle and free oneself from bondage. Adam Kadmon emerging from the 4 Worlds of Atziluth in the Tetragrammaton being the "All-Pervading one who wears the Crown" in the 5th World. Which makes you wonder why the cover art and in the inlay of "AntiChrist Superstar", it is spelled "AntiChrist Svperstar." - Again, the "5th World" being the "Most Hidden of All Hidden (Knowledge.).

The GODhood in Christianity

People often make the mistake of it being a bunch of made up stories. Well, it is/they are and they aren't. They are borrowed parables and variations/accounts of what the people during those times experienced, witnessed and how they thought. The Bible wasn't WRITTEN, it was ASSEMBLED. Names of Characters changed along with the subversion of everything that Christ represented. Scriptures left out including his own, the establishment of the Catholic Church 150 years A.D. that was more of a perversion and suppressor of all of these various different either Historical and/or both Fabled documents. The denial of intelligence/truth for their own Political gain. Only Christ, if he ever actually existed which is up for debate and always has been, is not around to unbind himself, (or the Characters that he was based on from other doctrines and philosophies at the time), from the nails The Church has re-crucified him with. Marilyn Manson has often referred to himself as having more in common with "Jesus Christ" than any other either Historical or Fictional Character.

Marilyn Manson doesn't discourage people from looking into things, enlightening oneself, staying in a comfort zone, adhering to basic human rationale which even he himself does not. And much like Christianity, "The Church of Marilyn Manson" often misinterprets his message when it comes to all of these things and the symbology/messages about things such as Religion and even himself. Even the song "The Beautiful People" was not a song about liberating People who didn't fit in to the conventional idea of beauty, but rather those who will blindly conform and just accept something because they relate to it and FEEL the beauty in something obviously meant to be a mockery of something grotesque.

MistressOfClouds
10-28-2015, 03:17 AM
This was a very interesting read, even if I could not follow at all points of your essay. I am sorry, I can't reply properly to your post at the moment, but I wanted to ask a little detail-question:

Even the song "The Beautiful People" was not a song about liberating People who didn't fit in to the conventional idea of beauty, but rather those who will blindly conform and just accept something because they relate to it and FEEL the beauty in something obviously meant to be a mockery of something grotesque.

Why can't it be both? I always interpreted it both ways. Makes sense on to levels. Many of Manson's lyrics read as very simple teenage-angst- and underdog-hymns, but have (in lack of a better word) spiritual meaning as well.
Your post seems to imply that only one way of reading them is the right way which pretty much contradicts your whole essay, especially the MM quote you mentioned twice.

Shangri-LIE
10-28-2015, 05:17 AM
This was a very interesting read, even if I could not follow at all points of your essay. I am sorry, I can't reply properly to your post at the moment, but I wanted to ask a little detail-question:

Why can't it be both? I always interpreted it both ways. Makes sense on to levels. Many of Manson's lyrics read as very simple teenage-angst- and underdog-hymns, but have (in lack of a better word) spiritual meaning as well.
Your post seems to imply that only one way of reading them is the right way which pretty much contradicts your whole essay, especially the MM quote you mentioned twice.

Well, of course nothing Marilyn Manson says is one way. And that's because he is a self admitted walking contradiction/paradox himself. His lyrics/dialogues are often him talking to himself with the sentiment of "I am you" not only as as the presage printed on "Portrait of an American Family" but also throughout his lyrics on that record and each successive record during The Triptych. "You might as well kill yourself. You're already dead.". Also himself being a mirror for the "Looking Glass People". A quote from Charles Manson - "I can't dislike you, but I will say this to you: You haven't got long before you are all going to kill yourselves, because you are all crazy. And you can project it back at me, but I am only what lives inside each and every one of you.". During live performance of "The Beautiful People", the use of the spotlight, aiming it at the Audience. Even at the beginning of "No Reflection" the hidden dialogue is "How do I find myself?", he asks himself, followed by the voice of a Female saying ""Project yourself onto your audience and make your fight with them.". If you've ever read "Bloodbath in Tinseltown", it describes how Charles Manson and his "Family" wanted to bring an end to the era of Hollywood's "Elite and Beautiful People".

MistressOfClouds
10-28-2015, 05:46 AM
Thank you, you explained what I wanted to say in a much more elaborate way. I was only bringing this up because you wrote "was not a song about", which I understood as: this interpretation is wrong. I would have agreed immediatly If you had written "...is not only about..." Sorry if I'm being pedantic.

Anyway, I hope to find the time to re-read your original post and research it a bit as I am not familiar with a lot of those mystic traditions, especially not the Idian ones.

Elizabeth Casto
02-16-2016, 02:51 AM
I brought this up last year in my post about no reflection. And a few other things i randomly posted.
Im glad you took the time to write out a full essay and i really like how you included the kabbalah. My friends IRL told me that idea was to over the top to be manson related. The idea of the trimurti is very clearly there.
But...why is there the idea of the trimurti?
Everything is connected. Thats what makes deconstruction of manson so hard. Someday..people will take everything from all these ramblings and create a manson bible.
Wich we couldnt get a copy, right.