PDA

View Full Version : Fundamentally Loathsome Live

kk_15
01-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Some of you may know that Stephen Bier (Pogo) has a Facebook account and may be fortunate enough to add you on there like he did me.
Anyway I asked him a question and got a reply this morning as to whether or not this song was ever performed or rehearsed during the MA period and he remembers it was but cannot claim whether it was soundchecked or performed as part of the live set, he recalls it being done in Germany?
Problem is until we find a video or photo of the setlist this is still speculation, it does suprise me that this awesome track wouldn't have gotten any consideration and could have easily been done live too.

I am desperate to find more evidence to confirm this!

Cringeon
01-11-2016, 09:09 AM
I think the general consensus is that perhaps the band learned it either in rehearsals or jammed part of it at sound checks. From all info that has been gathered, it was never played live. Could be Manson didn't think it had the right tone or energy for the arena shows. It's one of my favorite tracks, would die to see it performed tho

01-13-2016, 02:24 PM
J5 also said it was played, but I do think they are getting it mixed up with sound check/rehearsal as there's quite a bit of setlist info on that tour. Would have been so good to hear.

Wormboy96
01-13-2016, 03:37 PM
Pogo says it was played in Hamburg in 1998 if he recalls right, and there is no info or bootlegs of that show. So maybe it was played?

Cringeon
01-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Pogo says it was played in Hamburg in 1998 if he recalls right, and there is no info or bootlegs of that show. So maybe it was played?While we didn't have youtube and setlist.fm back in those days, the Manson forums were still active and people were keeping track of performances and I don't ever recall there being anything about it being performed.

S.D.
01-13-2016, 04:10 PM
Apparently an impressive nine of Mechanical Animals fourteen total tracks were played on the Hamburg date for 1998, so I would imagine that after nearly twenty years, Pogo may just recall it slightly askew. I'm sure it's easily done as well, if you've played everywhere in the world in a haze of drugs and city-to-city excess or travel.

Zimscum
01-15-2016, 12:00 AM
Pogo is mentally unstable just like every other member or former member besides maybe John 5 and Ginger.
It's pretty sweet that you've gotten to talk to him though. I have never been able to..

Shangri-LIE
01-16-2016, 08:01 AM
Pogo actually called me a "Fucking Lunatic"and then blocked me from his Facebook. LOL - And to my knowledge, no. It has never been played live.

Nemoris Inferioris
01-16-2016, 08:44 PM
Lol that's because you ARE a fucking lunatic!
What did you say to him to make him say that?

Shangri-LIE
01-17-2016, 01:01 AM
Lol that's because you ARE a fucking lunatic!
What did you say to him to make him say that?

I forget, but I told him that he was wrong about something or another.

DecayingSinner
01-17-2016, 02:49 PM
I still want to see the entire performance of President Dead. There has to be more than a 41 second clip.

01-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Pogo actually called me a "Fucking Lunatic"and then blocked me from his Facebook. LOL - And to my knowledge, no. It has never been played live.

Yeah he actually put a status up about me. After I told him he wouldn't have a music career without Manson fans, after he started laying into a fan asking a question .

grotesquemonkey015
01-20-2016, 12:52 AM
If memory serves correctly I remember Pogo saying that the song was never performed live. He went on saying that everyone in the band including Manson wanted to perform the song, but couldn’t find the perfect place in the set.

01-21-2016, 08:11 AM
The place in the set for that song is first encore.