PDA

View Full Version : Do You Still Love Me, Missi?

Jacurutu99
02-27-2016, 12:30 AM
As someone who had listened to Smells Like Children hundreds upon hundreds of times in my life, I felt surprised upon learning that Manson's time stretched opening words in "Diary Of A Dope Fiend" was actually SAYING something. I suppose to my mind I had just always registered it as another weird soundscape on the album. After 20 years of loving this album, I never put this together until coming across it on the Mansonwiki last year. Where was this confirmed at? An interview with Manson? Fans piecing it together?

By the way, longtime lurker, first time poster. Marilyn Manson fan since 1994, the one constant in my life from that time until now.

Mok
02-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Wait, what?! News to me.

Welcome to our home! Won't you stay?

Jacurutu99
02-27-2016, 08:21 PM
The Manson wiki is currently down, but I will post a link to the "Diary of A Dope Fiend" page when back up. I was just curious if Manson revealed this himself years later in a particular interview someone could link? Did a keen-eared fan put this together, a secret message between Manson and Missi that was never intended for listeners to really now what was being said?

On a side note, reminiscing back to this era, could they ever have been a better live opener than "Wrapped in Plastic".... "Come into our home, won't you stay" seemed to sum up everything Marilyn Manson and what you were in for those nights.

cataract777
03-12-2016, 04:09 PM
It's hard to say if this is true, since Mansonwiki, like the original Wikipedia, allows users to edit information on any given page.

As far as I know, he didn't mention that during an interview.

Nemoris Inferioris
03-12-2016, 08:06 PM
I remember reading "Pity Fuck, do you still love me? I'm so.... (can't remember).."