PDA

View Full Version : Tour [01]: Jun 28 2016 - Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Norsefire
02-29-2016, 10:56 AM
June 28 2016
SLIPKNOT - MARILYN MANSON - OF MICE AND MEN
Venue: Bridgestone Arena

Tickets On Sale March 4th 2016

Members Attending:

Tater

Tater
06-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Possibly attending~

Cringeon
06-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Opening with Crucifiction In Space
Angel with the Scabbed Wings
Disposable Teens

FIGHTMF
06-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Good start to the set. Keep us updated :) anyone tweeting the set?

cashinhand
06-28-2016, 06:26 PM
Full setlist:
Cruci-Fiction In Space
Disposable Teens
No Reflection
mOBSCENE
Deep Six
This Is The New Shit
The Dope Show
Sweet Dreams
Antichrist Superstar
The Beautiful People

Cringeon
06-28-2016, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the update on set, couldn't get up online. Watched some Periscope stream, sounded pretty fucking tight for the opening night. LOVE the stage stuff :D

Charles2012
06-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Angel With The Scabbed Wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jd07ELOuIo

cashinhand
06-28-2016, 06:46 PM
Is Tyler back for the whole tour? The six-piece band is such an awesome setup.

Heather Quick
06-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Angel With The Scabbed Wings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jd07ELOuIo

Fuck. YES.

SatanBakesale
06-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Whoa new guitarist? Had there always been an extra drummer on AWTSW? That said if there's no new songs on the set list whatsoever I'll be refunding my ticket. Seriously how many times can they play the same tired set list. Fuck. My date got moved exactly on my birth date. I wouldn't want to see a repetition of the last three shows

Cringeon
06-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Is Tyler back for the whole tour? The six-piece band is such an awesome setup.He said he'd be on the road a few weeks with MM, don't know if the rescheduled dates at the end of the tour will have any conflict but the two guitar setup is definitely super powerful live.

Whoa new guitarist? Had there always been an extra drummer on AWTSW? That said if there's no new songs on the set list whatsoever I'll be refunding my ticket. Seriously how many times can they play the same tired set list. Fuck. My date got moved exactly on my birth date. I wouldn't want to see a repetition of the last three showsFor the last little bit they have had Daniel Fox doing both extra percussion and live keyboards for various songs. Looks like Deep Six is the only one from TPE, but for this tour and pairing with Slipknot I think the above setlist is pretty fucking solid for the general audience. Opening with Cruci-Fiction and going straight to Angel with the Scabbed Wings is great. I'm reading tons of comments from people who haven't seen Manson in years and are super impressed with the show.

Mansoniser
06-28-2016, 07:23 PM
That was like watching Manson from 15 years ago, the audience looked pretty awful but that may be because of how early on in the show it is. The band how it is there was fantastic, sounded amazing and again the vocals were great. It just makes me crave a new album more now.

If this level of performance continues then so will the new interest in Manson which is always good.

Nemoris Inferioris
06-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Looked awesome. Saw him throw out some of the MM Dollars, pretty cool. Love the outfit, and he sounded great. Can't wait till Friday !

bryan_65
06-28-2016, 07:38 PM
It would be great to get Crucifiction In Space again. Angel with the Scabbed Wings should be a Manson staple too. He did not performed ACSS at the last 3 shows I went to, so I'd be down for that too. I still wish New Shit would go away though!!!! Over all that looks like a fun set considering the time slot.

Nemoris Inferioris
06-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Did anyone get footage of the intro, if there was one?

Mok
06-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Good set list. I think "Deep Six" should be his intro song for every tour ever, though.

How was the crowd? Slipknot fans usually don't like Manson if I remember right. Looks like he's playing mostly heavier songs. Makes sense for the group he's with.

Edit: Just watched the Angel video. Wow! He really stepped up! That was an awesome performance! With this being election season, I hope "We're From America" or "Arma Goddamn Motherfuckin Geddon" makes an appearance.

M Tragedy666
06-28-2016, 11:43 PM
Sounds fucking awesome!! I'm not the biggest Slipknot fan...I like a few of their songs, but they definitely put on a great energetic and heavy show. Hopefully as others have mentioned, this tour will really inspire Manson to really up his game and be more energetic and focuses, and maybe even write heavier songs for the next album. Manson writes phenomenal ballads, but I think he's a bit due for some harder hitting one's after the last few albums. Deep Six is an exception of course.

Mephisto
06-29-2016, 03:19 AM
Love Twiggy's new outfit,that's all,for now.

Mok
06-29-2016, 03:25 AM
Sounds fucking awesome!! I'm not the biggest Slipknot fan...I like a few of their songs, but they definitely put on a great energetic and heavy show. Hopefully as others have mentioned, this tour will really inspire Manson to really up his game and be more energetic and focuses, and maybe even write heavier songs for the next album. Manson writes phenomenal ballads, but I think he's a bit due for some harder hitting one's after the last few albums. Deep Six is an exception of course.

Tyler said in a recent interview that the new record is more aggressive.

http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/7927-Manson-Confirms-He-Is-Recording-a-New-Record/page8

Korpz
06-29-2016, 03:44 AM
Good stuff - looking forward to more footage and feedback.

Alice Morthem
06-29-2016, 04:21 AM
Good stuff - looking forward to more footage and feedback.

Yeah. The sad thing about seeing Manson so pumped, the band so tight is that they have left almost every little bit of theatric and mysticisism behind. I really miss the clothes changing, adding stuff to the stage show, etc.

Just my sad two cents :/

Phenomie
06-29-2016, 05:16 AM
Yeah. The sad thing about seeing Manson so pumped, the band so tight is that they have left almost every little bit of theatric and mysticisism behind. I really miss the clothes changing, adding stuff to the stage show, etc.

YEP YEP!! and yes the setlist soooooo boring...A G A I N....

loveinfoil
06-29-2016, 05:33 AM
Can anyone who was at the show confirm what time Manson took the stage? I'm running on a tight schedule for my show and it would help to know how much leeway I have to get there.

Scorpion
06-29-2016, 08:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi4ivjWlXKE
Sweet Dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ7pXNvr0jQ
Dope Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFR3jFcnL6s
Disposable Teens

in all of them Manson seems mad at something, he keeps nodding negatively between lines. What the fuck? Maybe because the crowd was dead? Anyone who was in there that can give some insight?

Mok
06-29-2016, 10:10 AM
He did ambiguously post "TOTAL WAR" on Twitter.

Nemoris Inferioris
06-29-2016, 10:12 AM
It seemed like the sound tech guys were fucking up, especially during Sweet Dreams, sounds like his mic cuts out.

Mok
06-29-2016, 10:25 AM
If there's one thing I learned about Manson...

He REALLY hates the sound tech guys fucking up.

Phenomie
06-29-2016, 10:26 AM
INDEED! hahaha...ha....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9bsezOB2s

Cringeon
06-29-2016, 10:27 AM
First show, takes a sec to find the groove. The sky isn't falling.

Nemoris Inferioris
06-29-2016, 11:23 AM
If there's one thing I learned about Manson...

He REALLY hates the sound tech guys fucking up.

I would too, they have ONE job... lol Usually the first show gets off to a bumpy ride. The cinch bags for the VIP ticket holders didn't arrive in time, so they have to mail them out. Hopefully they will be there when I go.

Korpz
06-29-2016, 02:43 PM
I would die for something like:
Deep Six
The Love Song
Cruci-Fiction In Space
Killing Strangers
This is the New Shit
Sweet Dreams
Cupid Carries A Gun
Beautiful People
Antichrist Superstar
Fall of the House of Death
(Had to leave some best of in...otherwise its not even possible.)

Mok
06-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Why do people only record the same singles we've all heard a million times?...

Finally found what I was looking for at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjLtMA3Z04o

Looks like Manson Money is a thing now. Wonder if it has anything to do with Mr. Moneybags, Trump.

Make sure to watch that video cause he fucks up and does the chorus too early. He screams "Deep Six, Six, Six feet deep" during the bridge and then gets lost.

Shame cause it was great before that.

Norsefire
06-29-2016, 03:41 PM
I think it's a great set list for what's a limited amount of time, it's tough when you've only got that time for so many songs and you could fill it with just hits, but to open with Cruci-Fiction and straight into Scabbed Wings is a hell of a way to start it! A good mix of hits, ACSS is always great and good to see This Is The New Shit is back again!

That massive $666 dollar note looks fantastic across the back of the stage, and tossing out money during the show is great, the reaction over all of that is amazing!

cataract777
06-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Whoa new guitarist? Had there always been an extra drummer on AWTSW? That said if there's no new songs on the set list whatsoever I'll be refunding my ticket. Seriously how many times can they play the same tired set list. Fuck. My date got moved exactly on my birth date. I wouldn't want to see a repetition of the last three shows

I'm feeling the same way. I would like to hear Third Day of A Seven Day Binge but can understand why they left that off the list since they are on a tour with Slipknot. They preferred to stay with the heavier tracks. The setlist is short but it's understandable since they're not the main act. It would be nice to see Angel With the Scabbed Wings, This Is the New Shit, Cruci-Fiction In Space, and Deep Six live though. I haven't seen any of those yet.

Mephisto
06-29-2016, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=Dipp Six;205848]Why do people only record the same singles we've all heard a million times?...

Finally found what I was looking for at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjLtMA3Z04o

Looks like Manson Money is a thing now. Wonder if it has anything to do with Mr. Moneybags, Trump.

Make sure to watch that video cause he fucks up and does the chorus too early. He screams "Deep Six, Six, Six feet deep" during the bridge and then gets lost.

Shame cause it was great before that.[/QUO
this is embarrassing.zero energy

http://teamrock.com/livereview/2016-06-29/slipknot-and-marilyn-manson-the-first-live-review

Aint
06-29-2016, 08:21 PM
I stumbled upon a couple of high-quality recordings, of "Cruci-Fiction In Space" and "This Is the New Shit," that I wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPBChK08biw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-LAdP1WF4

TMC
06-30-2016, 03:38 AM
The setlist is as awful as expected, but I have to say I'm really surprised by how well Manson's voice sounds!

Korpz
06-30-2016, 03:42 AM
I think it's a great set list for what's a limited amount of time, it's tough when you've only got that time for so many songs and you could fill it with just hits, but to open with Cruci-Fiction and straight into Scabbed Wings is a hell of a way to start it! A good mix of hits, ACSS is always great and good to see This Is The New Shit is back again!

That massive $666 dollar note looks fantastic across the back of the stage, and tossing out money during the show is great, the reaction over all of that is amazing!
I agree I think its a pretty solid selection considering the time and tour. I am beyond stoked and so pleased he joined this leg of Slipknots tour. Seen the best of Manson so many times any change up is good really, I was mainly playing it out in my head.

Principiante
06-30-2016, 04:06 AM
It sounds like an interesting setlist. Short, but solid, but it has to be seen in the context of Manson acting like an opening band for Slipknot (heavy style), and possibly unable to take much stage time. As for the musical selection, there is always going to be someone unhappy about it - it's difficult to please everyone all the time. And anyway, Manson's discography is now so extensive, that there are always going to be great songs no included, and because of the shortness of the act as well, difficult to create the time to play songs that aren't played that much...

Of course, I also wonder whether he lacks the energy to give a show of greater length and duration - after all, he's almost 50 guys. He is past middle age... But nonetheless, the energy that he still brings to his shows is still impressive, and regardless, I've enjoyed his energy and enthusiasm on his last UK shows.

The Empirical Guy
07-01-2016, 05:05 AM
There are some bands recently that have been doing 'by request' setlists for their live shows, voted by fans. I think Manson could do that and people would still complain.

They sound great, though the crowd seems dead. Maybe I'm just being over-sensitive to older versions of the songs, but I don't think I'll ever get used to the way Gil plays some parts or the backing-track keyboards (which seemed to be partially missing from Cruci-Fiction, unless the audio on the video just wasn't picking them up). Overall sounding good though I think Manson suffers from being on the smaller stage with less room to move from the extra people and all those foldback monitors on stage (in-ears, guys?) If he's going to meander around, at least give him room to do it rather than walking in a tight circle with nowhere to go.

Nemoris Inferioris
07-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Yeah, makes me miss Pogo when I don't hear the keys in Cruci-Fiction, it really builds the song. The new guy, Daniel, he is great, and he looks like another Pogo, just the way his eyes are, moving around just like him..

Heather Quick
07-01-2016, 12:27 PM
People saying it's a "pretty solid setlist" makes me cringe. There are the same old singles, basically in the same order. It's awful. If Manson wants to play singles in its majority, so be it, but he could easily put The Nobodies, I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me) and Dope Hat, for example.
Plus. it's a SHAME he put The Pale Emperor aside. I mean, only Deep Six? REALLY??? It's wrong. It's FUCKING wrong.

I'm gonna see him in September and yes, it's gonna be awesome, yes, I'm gonna cry, and dance, and jump, and scream and sing along to every song, but it IS a weak setlist.

Cringeon
07-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Opening for Slipknot isn't going to give Manson much more than the slot he'd get at a European festival so it's going to be short regardless. Watch the video when he asks the audience for how many it was their first Manson show? A pretty good portion of that crowd are there because of Slipknot, so he's got to appeal to the wide audience which yes means songs people know. Anyone who hasn't seen Manson live but knows him from radio etc will probably want to hear Disposable Teens, The Dope Show, Sweet Dreams & The Beautiful People. Antichrist Superstar is an essential part of the live Manson experience, and I think opening with Cruci-Fiction into Angel with the Scabbed Wings is a great way to go after the Manson fans, but also show the Slipknot crowd songs they might not know but would appeal to them.

So it comes down to his heaviest song from TPE, the two singles from GAOG and No Reflection. If it were a MM headline show, I'd expect more variation but the set is actually a good history of Manson past and present while focusing on a balance of his heavier rockers. He's not going to go out playing Portrait, total MA glam or TPE blues in front of a Slipknot crowd, they just wouldn't get it and the energy wouldn't be there which benefits no one.

DecayingSinner
07-01-2016, 02:33 PM
https://youtu.be/2-taPt4opOU

pretty good recap of what's to be expected. I was hoping Love Song ,Hate Anthem, or even (s)'ain't would be included in the set, but AWTSW wins all the time live.

Shangri-LIE
07-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Band sounds great.

AStrangeGay
07-03-2016, 06:15 AM
If anyone has a spare ticket stub they wouldn't mind sending to me, please PM me.
I collect Manson stubs and thought it would be easier to ask attendees as the tour progresses,
As opposed to searching for the stubs later on sites like eBay.
Thanks!