PDA

View Full Version : North American Tour Progression HUD

YoureAlreadyHere
08-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Thought it'd be cool to have visual tour progression(yes, it has been a slow casual day at work today- yay, me!); make your own conclusions

http://i.imgur.com/lqCODUE.png

Norsefire
08-16-2017, 12:11 PM
I think more US legs can be expected as he always does multiple legs and probably a canada run of dates too.

nykspade
08-16-2017, 12:12 PM
Kinda sad he isn't coming to Georgia (where I live) maybe next year? After the second European leg....

YoureAlreadyHere
08-16-2017, 12:28 PM
I suspect a second leg, as well, for us southerners (gah)-- would be nice to wait in line during the winter months XD

anywho, look at the whirlwind at the start of the tour- wondering if the touring manager is an IDIOT or if there are other calendar events on Mr Manson's schedule

theimpaler
08-16-2017, 03:11 PM
I suspect a second leg, as well, for us southerners (gah)-- would be nice to wait in line during the winter months XD

anywho, look at the whirlwind at the start of the tour- wondering if the touring manager is an IDIOT or if there are other calendar events on Mr Manson's schedule

I haven't looked at his actual dates...but maybe it's because some are festivals OR because it's just the way it had to work for the venue that's going to be hosting him.

Hazekiah
08-21-2017, 12:09 AM
This is easily among the least inconvenient of the last SEVERAL tours -- BELIEVE ME -- and it's really NOT the tour manager's fault.

First, you book the big festivals that basically pay for everything else in one fell swoop. Then you figure out which major venues have openings at least SOMEWHAT reasonably along a sensible path and you lock that shit down immediately. Then you start filling in dates along the way in between and it is whatever it is.

All of which obviously depends upon which festivals have space for you, which larger venues haven't already been locked down in advance, and which smaller ones make sense to rush back-and-forth to-and-from, and then you figure out the rest of that shit LATER on the NEXT leg because JMFC THIS SHIT IS HARD, lol.

At least the band gets to sleep...the rest of us roadtripping from state-to-state have to practically fucking SLEEPWALK between/at the goddamned shows.

It gets pretty exhausting and even dangerous but omfg that just makes it better.

IF IT WAS EASY
EVERYONE WOULD DO IT

\m/ -___- \m/

NapalmHeart
08-21-2017, 07:24 AM
At least the band gets to sleep...the rest of us roadtripping from state-to-state have to practically fucking SLEEPWALK between/at the goddamned shows.

It gets pretty exhausting and even dangerous but omfg that just makes it better.

Haha, funny you'd say that, just had the same conversation with my girlfriend. All the waiting in line in the heat (or the cold) really gets to you after a few shows.

At least you 'muricans get the sweet fall or spring tour dates, we eurofags either get a heat stroke (summer tour) or freeze to death (winter tour) :P

Hazekiah
08-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Hmm. Not so sure about that!

Manson seems to almost EXCLUSIVELY tour in the DEAD of Summer and/or the DEAD of Winter. I can barely even remember more than a handful of shows where it wasn't either HOT AS FUCK or FREEZING FUCKING COLD, lol.

It IS punishing as all hell but it DOES thin the heard, fwiw.

XD

FeedYourHead
08-21-2017, 10:47 PM
Alternatively, the band could just not schedule festivals since they're all terrible and everyone seems to hate them anyway.

FuckmanQ
08-22-2017, 03:26 PM
but the moenies? $$$

Hazekiah
08-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Alternatively, the band could just not schedule festivals since they're all terrible and everyone seems to hate them anyway.

Personally, I love the festivals...especially when it's some random radio fest thing in the middle of a regular tour so it costs the same but it's an all day thing with a bunch of extra bands. Mayhem was awesome and I'm not even THAT much of a metal head. Hell, if it weren't for festivals Manson would've never played with The Doors!

And just hearing Manson's vocal tracks for Skylar Gray and Lady Gaga even made Lollapalooza 2011 even better! Hopefully, he'll actually play it for real someday, I'd love to see that.

Plus, again, they pay for the headlining runs and all the big production stuff so the more festivals the better as far as I'm concerned!

:)

FeedYourHead
08-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Haha okay. Agree to strongly disagree.