PDA

View Full Version : [x090]: JUL 21 2018 - Jiffy Lube Live - Bristow, VA [RESC JUL 31 2018]

Norsefire
04-29-2018, 07:11 AM
JUL 21 2018
TWINS OF EVIL
MARILYN MANSON - ROB ZOMBIE

Venue: Jiffy Lube Live

Tickets:
http://www.marilynmanson.com

Members Attending:

m3rcurymorbid
07-21-2018, 05:17 PM
After hours waiting in torrential rain, the show was postponed 15 minutes before showtime. Ugh

Enname
07-21-2018, 05:51 PM
After hours waiting in torrential rain, the show was postponed 15 minutes before showtime. Ugh

Venues need a better decison making process around weather o_O

Cringeon
07-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Venues need a better decison making process around weather o_O
I understand people being upset right before a show, but they are damned if they do or don't. If they are more cautious too far in advance and the weather clears up last min, they will be flamed for canceling. It sucks, but safety for the fans, the crew and the band matters.

Enname
07-21-2018, 06:53 PM
I understand people being upset right before a show, but they are damned if they do or don't. If they are more cautious too far in advance and the weather clears up last min, they will be flamed for canceling. It sucks, but safety for the fans, the crew and the band matters.

Oh, I know. And I know they are trying to cover all litigation options in their disclaimers, but coming from a different country where the cancellation policies are really quite different it still surprises me that it is so adhoc. That they do leave it right up to the last minute and fail to communicate the likelihood of cancellation.

Cringeon
07-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Oh, I know. And I know they are trying to cover all litigation options in their disclaimers, but coming from a different country where the cancellation policies are really quite different it still surprises me that it is so adhoc. That they do leave it right up to the last minute and fail to communicate the likelihood of cancellation.Honestly, a severe storm with flooding and any case of lightning should be a clear thing to any fan that it might get canceled. I can't think of anyone who would expect people to risk safety because of a concert ticket. Most of these shows say rain or shine, but if they get to the point to cancel - that means it's bad enough to pose a serious risk.

Enname
07-21-2018, 09:56 PM
Honestly, a severe storm with flooding and any case of lightning should be a clear thing to any fan that it might get canceled. I can't think of anyone who would expect people to risk safety because of a concert ticket. Most of these shows say rain or shine, but if they get to the point to cancel - that means it's bad enough to pose a serious risk.

If you have to sit in a car because the deluge is so terrible and driving is risky, then so is standing on a stage and in a massive open space. We had a festival here that SHOULD have cancelled and 5 people ended up dead, with a lot more injured due to parts of buildings coming down in wind/drowning in puddles, etc. Not worth it. It is also why they changed it so the risk-go ahead was made more of a gap.

m3rcurymorbid
07-22-2018, 03:22 AM
I have no problem with them cancelling it at all. Safety is most important (or insurance liability to be more precise). But It was the disorginization and lack of communication that irritated me. We got there at 4. They scanned our fast pass tickets at about 5:30, then we were told we had to wait a few minutes. Keep in mind everyone is still standing in the torrential rain with no cover whatsoever. Then most of the staff disappeared for over an hour with radio silence before finally coming out 15 minutes before 7, when the show was supposed to start to tell us it was postponed.

Then they closed the road area used for pickups so everyone who needed to be picked up or uber had to walk 2 miles in the muddy grass (still in the rain) to a pickup area (though the staff said they weren't sure where, just 'somewhere up that way').

Anyways, it is what it is, it just sucks the way it was handled, though to be fair, the staff we talked to was very nice. And it would've sucked to be standing and watching a show being as cold and drenched as we were, smashed against other cold, wet people :P

So maybe I'm just irritated that i took off work, drove almost 3 hours in the rain, paid for a hotel room, paid for an uber, then we stood in the freezing rain for 2 1/2 hours for no reason lol

It's probably that.

Norsefire
07-23-2018, 12:18 AM
RESCHEDULED to JULY 31!

redtastesweet
07-30-2018, 12:31 PM
Come give me a hug when you see me. Iím in need of love at this show.