PDA

View Full Version : We’re from America vs Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch

Crystalarts
02-19-2019, 02:52 PM
Have a listen to paw paw negro blowtorch (by Brian eno) at 1.50 onwards. Also the ending of the song.

https://youtu.be/pfqDXGCYPiI

My suspicion is that Manson borrowed this. Brian eno has inspired so many artists and played a major part of Bowie songs (and many of ENO sounds are throughout Bowie’s work. I am certain Manson is a fan.

YoureAlreadyHere
02-19-2019, 08:00 PM
Interesting.

Nemoris Inferioris
02-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Interesting indeed. Maybe Manson suggested it to Twiggy, or Twiggy was inspired by it. Either way it does sound similar.

Norsefire
02-22-2019, 01:48 PM
Interesting find, totally hearing that similarity!

Crystalarts
02-26-2019, 12:59 AM
haha Phew!

You know that way you think you hear something but actually there is nothing to hear and its just cause you are a fan looking for something? I wasn't sure whether to post it or not so I am glad you all agree that there are strong similarities.

Listening to Brian Eno in general (this and another album in particular) I recognise so many sounds that Bowie used in a variety of songs. In the way I imagine Manson did. so it just makes sense to me.

NapalmHeart
03-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Interesting. The synth solo right before this part reminds me of the synth in WOW as well. Twiggy borrowed some cool stuff for the album lol