Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aug 12 2009 - Sound Advice Amp - West Palm Beach, FL

Default Re: Aug 12 2009 - Sound Advice Amp - West Palm Beach, FL

Thanks ! Cool pics.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

cool pics!

This show was *such* a blast. I managed to ride the front rail for all 4 main stage bands, so I have a crapton of awesome photos that I'll be posting on my deviantArt account... I'll post a link as soon as they're uploaded, but I may not be able to get them online until I get back home to AZ next week.

So I really enjoyed everybody but Slayer. I don't know their music very well, and because Manson's been touring with them so much I've seen them three times... the first time was pretty entertaining, but now, well, I'm over it. I brought earplugs to wear while they were on; best $2 I ever spent. Bullet for my Valentine was pretty fun, and Killswitch Engage had a ton of energy, which always makes a show more awesome; they incited a huuuuge pit on the lawn, and people tore down the huge inflatable Monster Energy Drink can they had up there, it was nuts. But now for what everyone really wants to hear about: Manson.

Manson played the same set they've been playing all tour, so they opened with their new intro and We're From America. I have to agree with what everybody's been saying; he had a lot of energy for this show, and seemed way more into it than he was last month in Phoenix. (I can hardly blame him, the heat there was unbearable). He drank mostly beer this time, and unfortunately did seem to forget the first verse of Little Horn, and after singing the first line at the wrong time, didn't start again till they hit the chorus. Twiggy seemed to do a *lot* better on guitar here than he did in Phoenix, his timing was spot on for pretty much everything. It was a really bad ass performance. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Stoya was there? A couple of people told me it was her, but I have no idea what she looks like... but there was a girl onstage off to the side watching the whole performance and he went up and sang to her at one point. I remember when I saw them on the Rock is Dead tour, Rose McGowan was onstage watching them, so why not Stoya now? The theatrics were minimal, as they have been for the rest of the tour, with only the confetti and burning bible for Four Rusted Horses, the cue cards and stage hands for Arma...geddon, and his handlers giving him bottles of pills before The Dope Show. I was a little disappointed that the podium wasn't used at all during this tour, that was always my favorite, but at least I got to see him on it last year.

As for my more personal account of the show (feel free to skip this part if you don't want to hear my fangirl rambling), I ended up going home with so much band stuff! My friend and I were up on the rail, to the right side of the catwalk, and since last year, whenever I'm on the rail I bring cloth signs (last year I had a sign that said "Welcome Back Twiggy", and one with the spiral heart... you can see it in the YouTube videos of the Miami show, lol). This time I brought one that was the American flag with the shock symbol, and one that said "ETC." I have never gotten so much attention from a band before! We held the flag sign for the first four or five songs, and he threw us one of the black towels he wiped his face on. And then just before "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" I pulled out the ETC. sign, and I had barely even gotten it out when he came over and grabbed it, wiped his face with it (his makeup is all over it), and gave it back... and then handed us the cue card with ETC. on it! Later he took our flag and wiped his face on that too, and I have at least one picture that he posed right at my camera for.

Alright, now that my fangirl rambling is done, I'll sum up. I had an *awesome* time at the show. I'll let everybody know as soon as my pics are up. Oh, and great photos, cupholder, thanks for posting!

Whatever doesn't kill you... is gonna leave a scar.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Great review thanks ! It isn't so often that we have long reviews these days... And I like details, especially the fangirls rambling...!
    *Waiting for the pics*

yeah, thanks for that. decent, detailed reviews are harder and harder to find these days.

I think we can blame youtube for that.

Quote Originally Posted by disintigrator82
    T
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Stoya was there?
    Does it even make a difference? After this album she will be old history.

Quote Originally Posted by DecayingSinner
    Quote Originally Posted by disintigrator82
    T
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Stoya was there?
    Does it even make a difference? After this album she will be old history.

WOW... that's why I like this website :D
    [center]
    Let me show you where it hurts

Hey, sorry I haven't posted any of my pics yet. I got all the Bullet for My Valentine and half of the Killswitch Engage photos posted on my deviantArt page, and then my computer decided it didn't like living anymore. -_-; So in the meantime, I'm posting this from a friend's place; my friend Jose took this photo. The hand on the left is mine, and the hand on the right is my friend Trisha, and we're handing him the ETC sign we made.

[center:1g0rpoot][/center:1g0rpoot]

I'm trying to hang in there till Windows 7 comes out, then hopefully I will be getting a new PC and will be able to pick up where I left off.

Whatever doesn't kill you... is gonna leave a scar.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post