Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite NIN album?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pretty Hate Machine

9 10.71%
  • Broken/Fixed (EP)

8 9.52%
  • The Downward Spiral

28 33.33%
  • The Fragile

30 35.71%
  • With Teeth

4 4.76%
  • Year Zero

0 0%
  • Ghosts I-IV

2 2.38%
  • The Slip

1 1.19%
  • Hesitation Marks

2 2.38%
  • Bad Witch

0 0%
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788

Thread: Nine Inch Nails

Not The Actual Events > Bad Witch > Add Violence
    A Wicked Epicenter

Shit Mirror is one song and it's better than anything he did in the 90's. I was so blown away by the soundscape of this song.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

How do I change my vote?

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

^^^
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    How do I change my vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    ^^^
    It's the best work in some time but I wouldn't go THAT far with its brilliance.

I know opinions are subjective.
    A Wicked Epicenter

Quote Originally Posted by spaceSuicide View Post
    It's the best work in some time but I wouldn't go THAT far with its brilliance.

I know opinions are subjective.
    Agreed. Because Add Violence is better.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Agreed. Because Add Violence is better.
    I'm afraid that's not the actual truth.

  
      

From the latest Kerrang! interview, re: the many, many people who are trying to 'figure out' the order in which to best listen to the songs from the EPs:

"I'd like people to listen to it the way it was intended to be listened to," says Atticus. "We didn't put them in a randomiser: a lot of thought went into their order, and there's meaning throughout the three; within each release and then over the arc of all three. There's a reason that "Branches/Bones" starts Not The Actual Events and there's a reason that "Over And Out" ends Bad Witch, and they're connected. I don't know if anyone will listen to it like that, but that is obviously the hope."

"You'll find if you do take the time to listen to it sequentially, there is an incredible amount of thought that's gone into that for the discerning listener," adds Trent. "There is a riddle there; there is a purpose; there's an intent; there is careful thought of the order of the songs. They were written in that way, they were mixed that way. We're not demanding that you do that, but this is the type of art that interests us and that we choose to make."

"It's not said with any pomposity," adds Atticus, by way of clarification.

"Well, a little bit of pomposity," laughs Trent.

  
      

I figure not everybody in the world knows every NIN/TR related track ever so I thought I'd share a few rarities I think are cool. No reason.

We'll start out with an obvious one.

Trent with some of the Ministry guys really opening up that throat of his to get down on this Sabbath cover.

Everyone knows the 'Suck' on Broken but the original Pigface version is... not the Broken version. It has its charm.

I think this bad boy speaks for itself.

Here's one of the cooler TR features imo. It's always interesting to hear him contribute something like original vocals on somebody else's production entirely.

NIN covers U2.

A shocking amount of people are unaware of this incredible track created for the Japanese film Tetsuo: The Bullet Man.

A song TR + AR wrote specifically for the player piano at Banksy's Walled Off Hotel exhibit in Bethlehem.

Most people are aware of APC's Passive and it's beginnings as 'Vacant' when MJK and TR were still trying the whole Tapeworm thing. But in 2009, Puscifer released a track called Potions, which many people were surprised to hear credited Trent as a co-writer. It's probably not what you'd expect when hearing the words "MJK and TR collab" but I think it's fantastic. It seemed to really confuse/anger people because MJK addressed it pretty directly:

Ok. Let's use an APC album as an example. eMOTIVe. APC did a song called "Imagine." If you view the credits for the song you'll find various bits of info. Generally speaking the writers name appears in parenthesis next to the track. The performer info may or may not be listed in the album credits. If you see performer info it may be broken down to instruments. For example... "Billy Howerdel - Guitars and Back-up Vocals. Josh Freese - Drums and percussion, etc... Or it may be a given that the people who performed on this project/album/track are the band in question. So it will just say "B Howerdel - guitars, Josh Freese - drums, M J Keenan - vocals, etc... But Writing credits are different. Next to "Imagine" you'll see the name John Lennon. Because he wrote the song. You may want to sit down for the next bit. Ready? John Lennon didn't perform or sing or play on the APC version of "Imagine." He didn't produce it, direct it, co-produce it, or grab us Latte's during the recording of it. Why? Because he's dead. he just wrote it. And we performed a version of it. If you visit the Project Credits of this site now, you'll start to see what we mean. Hope that helps.
    Following up on Twitter with:

2 conclude if i may. If u HATE Potions, hate US not Trent. We wrote it together, but PUSCIFER produced it. It was my wedding present 2 him.

And for good measure, MJK is featured prominently on this track from Aaron North's old project Jubilee and Trent is on drum programming duties. Killer song all around.

I'll throw this in because I love it so much. TR guesting on vocals for QOTSA's Era Vulgaris, a b-side from the album of the same name. That frantic, syncopated drive to the song is the shit.

  
      

^ Thank You x