Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Number 15

S.D., that's brilliant, and I never thought of looking at his booklets as panels. Hmm... Triptych itself means panel paintings... I wonder if you place the Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood booklets together... if maybe there's something to find....

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Fenrir
    Triptych itself means panel paintings... I wonder if you place the Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood booklets together... if maybe there's something to find....
    I couldn't comment on that notion, but I will say that if anyone could locate a quote where Manson describes Antichrist Superstar as being like an image (or pertaining to image-making tools), I'd be very interested, purely because there is a fairly well known quote in which he compares Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood as things with which you could create a picture, saying that the former is like a paintbrush, and the latter a pencil:

"both can be used to make an image, but this [Holy Wood] is more effective for jabbing someone in the eye with." - MM

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Stupid Teenage Girl

Didn't someone mention Area 51 in another thread...? (I'm pretty sure it was S.D....) And 51 reversed is 15, I had never even thought about that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Fenrir
    S.D., that's brilliant, and I never thought of looking at his booklets as panels. Hmm... Triptych itself means panel paintings... I wonder if you place the Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood booklets together... if maybe there's something to find....
    That's an interesting idea...we should all look for "15" references in the Triptych as a whole...who knows, maybe we'll find something, lol.

BTW, the "spoiler" thing you mentioned (in your sig...?); I think it is for if some people haven't heard/seen something and you don't want to unintentionally ruin it for them, then you use the spoiler tag. That way, the "spoiler" in question only shows up when you highlight the text, or click "show". ;)

Here is one I saved and found cleaning out my pc, I think it was on the Heirophant, but don't know which member should take the credit for it:

NEW WEBSITE LAYOUT UPLOADED 22/09/2013:

The opening riff of Mechanical Animals is the same as a riff from Metallica's Fade to Black. The other riff starts at about 3:53, and 3*5=15. Although, sadly, if it started 4 seconds later, then it'd be even cooler, because 3+5+7=15.

Silent Catalyst

O is the 15th letter of the alphabet. Omega. Coma. Etc.

Random interesting link: http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu15.php

Silent Catalyst

Omg I just realized Brian Hugh Warner has 15 letters =O =O

Quote Originally Posted by Anima XI
    O is the 15th letter of the alphabet. Omega. Coma. Etc.

Random interesting link: http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu15.php
    "As hollow as the O in God"

- WOW begins after 21 seconds, Swastika after 9 if I'm not mistaken, 21-9=15
    - The word WOW is sung 14 times, + the title = 15 times wow in the booklet

Of course the song 15..

Any more on THEOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Para-Noir
    - WOW begins after 21 seconds, Swastika after 9 if I'm not mistaken, 21-9=15
    You are mistaken, unless that was a typo.