Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol & Substance Use

Default Re: The Drinking And Drug Abuse Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Para-Noir
    ^Wow that sucks! Why are they going on strike?
    They're spending too many hours drinking and not enough hours working. They want full-time jobs now. Yesterday there were lineups outside the stores, it was mad.

Been postponed in the meantime, though I still fancy the idea of having a moonshine jug with XXX scribbled on the front.

Default Weed

I'm mostly interested in other peoples experiences.

It was my birthday last week, Friday. I arranged to get quite a large amount of weed for a party. I know i'll have a ton left over to last me + my friend for about two weeks easy.

I've been smoking here and there for a few years, never very often or consistent.
    Since Friday though, I've been having a cone(1-3) when i get up and when i get home. It helps incredibly with my anxiety and makes everything so easy and simple. I can actually enjoy myself no matter what i'm doing.
    I intend on continuing this habit for at least a few weeks (College break next week) working on my art, music and writing, hopefully in solitude.

Has anyone here done anything similiar to this? If so, what happened?

More stories:
    In the past few months, I've been deconstructing my methods and style in my art. I've been teaching myself not to take things so seriously, giving me more freedom to just draw allot more.
    Attending a Fine Art college has given me allot of discipline in something i love, which has allowed me to de-construct my complicated and vivid paintings into something much simpler while containing the same dynamic as before.
    I'm getting there, by drawing a few landscapes and some paintings of simple objects. Humbling my taste and desires.

Will all this pot affect me? (rhetorical question)
    Will i become dependent on a drug to tap into this place of inspiration and motivation?
    Should i spend the time sober and learn how to draw from that place without the use of drugs?
    Will i go on a massive head journey and end up in a better place and still not addicted to pot when i stop in three weeks (due to money)?

Default Re: Weed

There is a drink and drugs forum.

I have smoked it a couple of times, but the feeling of being monged out and feeling physically tiered never appealed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Method Man
    There is a drink and drugs forum.

I have smoked it a couple of times, but the feeling of being monged out and feeling physically tiered never appealed to me.
    Drink coffee, take caffeine = Extremely focused and creative.

Quote Originally Posted by LSH
    I'm mostly interested in other peoples experiences.

It was my birthday last week, Friday. I arranged to get quite a large amount of weed for a party. I know i'll have a ton left over to last me + my friend for about two weeks easy.

I've been smoking here and there for a few years, never very often or consistent.
    Since Friday though, I've been having a cone(1-3) when i get up and when i get home. It helps incredibly with my anxiety and makes everything so easy and simple. I can actually enjoy myself no matter what i'm doing.
    I intend on continuing this habit for at least a few weeks (College break next week) working on my art, music and writing, hopefully in solitude.

Has anyone here done anything similiar to this? If so, what happened?

More stories:
    In the past few months, I've been deconstructing my methods and style in my art. I've been teaching myself not to take things so seriously, giving me more freedom to just draw allot more.
    Attending a Fine Art college has given me allot of discipline in something i love, which has allowed me to de-construct my complicated and vivid paintings into something much simpler while containing the same dynamic as before.
    I'm getting there, by drawing a few landscapes and some paintings of simple objects. Humbling my taste and desires.

Will all this pot affect me? (rhetorical question)
    Will i become dependent on a drug to tap into this place of inspiration and motivation?
    Should i spend the time sober and learn how to draw from that place without the use of drugs?
    Will i go on a massive head journey and end up in a better place and still not addicted to pot when i stop in three weeks (due to money)?
    Not that I have much experience with such matters, but this kind of concerns me. Especially that you need the pot to wake up and to chill you out. It used to be just a glass of coke, now you've upgraded onto something a little more expensive.

The thing is, you've been in a bad place lately, and of course the pot is making you feel better. But you can't use it as a crutch to get you out, because then what are you going to do when you run out? You'll be in the same bad place, you'll have started a new term at TAFE and you'll be suffering from withdrawal. And it won't be much fun being Lyndsay then.

I definitely would not consider the habit as you are for the next few weeks, not because I'm being all "Drugz are bad for yew!" (it'd be saying the same thing if it was V instead of pot), but because I know you've got one hell of an addictive personality, and you're not good at dealing with losing your drug-of-choice. Not to mention you're not that much fun when you're trying to quit things - you get all twitchy and irritable.

I would say stop taking it so often, but you won't do that, but at least start weaning youself off after this weekend. Make it stretch out, maybe only have it every second day, or just in the evenings so you have something to look forward to.

And please take my advice onboard instead of putting it straight in the, "She doesn't know what she's talking about" box. At least give it some thought.

I'd try and list the drugs I've done but surely there's some sort of maximum character limit here.

And OMG, 6:06 might be watching...I'd never hear the end of it!!!

As if I've ever flooded any of the topics like this on any board.

Fuck off, worm.

You're an idiot, we get it.

Had me some Special K last night. Fuck, I love that stuff.

Man, ketamine is so cheap around here at the moment so it's all groovy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella
    Had me some Special K last night. Fuck, I love that stuff.

Man, ketamine is so cheap around here at the moment so it's all groovy.
    So weird you mention that. Last night a friend and I grabbed some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah
    And OMG, 6:06 might be watching...I'd never hear the end of it!!!
    There is a light that never goes out.

flyflyflyflyflyflyflyflyf

I've been huffing some dilutor fluid the last few days since there is nothing else available within my reach right now. Tried it for the first time 2 days ago and am hooked now. Its as mind numbing as they get. Anybody else tried this cheap shit?