Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273

Thread: Alcohol & Substance Use

It's a shame because I don't think I ever even came into this threat (I don't think) because I have never had been a drug user nor a drinker, but one of the reasons I had disappeared for so long is because I've been battling a pill addiction I had been prescribed from my pain clinic.
    The percocets I've been given are not the issue, believe it or not, but instead the gabapentin is what I've been struggling with.
    I started abusing them, eating anywhere from 20 to 30 800's a day. After a neighbor's heart had exploded from this drug, I cut it back to 10 to 15 800's a day.
    The withdrawals are HORRID! Lack of sleep, jittery, rapid heart beat and nausea.. You feel like you're dying. But I've heard lyrica is same but worse to get off from.

Anywho. It's hard to believe that's what I've turned into now but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    It's a shame because I don't think I ever even came into this threat (I don't think) because I have never had been a drug user nor a drinker, but one of the reasons I had disappeared for so long is because I've been battling a pill addiction I had been prescribed from my pain clinic.
    The percocets I've been given are not the issue, believe it or not, but instead the gabapentin is what I've been struggling with.
    I started abusing them, eating anywhere from 20 to 30 800's a day. After a neighbor's heart had exploded from this drug, I cut it back to 10 to 15 800's a day.
    The withdrawals are HORRID! Lack of sleep, jittery, rapid heart beat and nausea.. You feel like you're dying. But I've heard lyrica is same but worse to get off from.

Anywho. It's hard to believe that's what I've turned into now but it is what it is.
    </3

I hope you can continue to cut it down.. . .
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    </3

I hope you can continue to cut it down.. . .
    You and I both! Lol
    Last month I took 367 pills. In just one month it was just alittle over 4 prescriptions. I'm beginning to think that may be alittle too much

Gabapentin is a very old friend of mine. It was kind of my gateway to real narcotics. 10-15x 600/800mg is my standard dose when I have them around. It's rare to find people who recognize its recreational value. For me it's like a mix of benzos and opioids, although it's been a while since gabby enough has been good enough to get me straight. I prefer it nowadays in concert with benzos and opioids. Throw a couple muscle relaxers in for good measure. I lived on that mix for for a few months this spring/summer and it was honestly like a 24/7 dream. I was flying every day, off in space a million miles away. It helped me detach from some trauma and emotions that I'm still pretty well detached from.

The good news is that you'd need to take 10x as many as your high dose to come close to reaching dangerous levels. You were taking upwards of 24g/day and to reach a lethal dose 50% of the time a 100lb person would have to take 360g at one time. So your neighbor's heart probably didn't explode from gabby; he more than likely had a serious pre-existing heart condition. Gabapentin is an astoundingly safe drug.

The issue is tolerance. Tolerance builds like a monster with it, almost necessitating doubling your daily dose to get the same feeling as the day before. After a break when I start a new script, 1,800mg will be enough to get my flying. But after a week of constant use, that 10g+ will barely touch me. The other good news is that tolerance comes back pretty quickly during a break.

I've never had enough at one time to take it for any longer than a month or two, so I've never dealt with withdrawal but I hear it's terrible. Otherwise, there are wayyy worse things one could be addicted to.

Keep the hydro unless there's "-codone" behind it
    Never have to roam far from home to find it
    Writing fake scripts like my doctor signed it
    Till I spelled his last name wrong

40 milligrams, a 40, and I'm faded
    This world is crazy so I stay medicated
    Percocet, ativan, and klonopin
    When my social lights are out
    They turn them on again
    I need em till I'm bored again

     

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Double-posting since it's almost 6 hours later and a totally different subject since my last post.

It's been a week since I've had any speed after my two month run of almost non-stop use. The physical withdrawal was non-existent. The only urges were mental. I'd 100% be doing more if I had any money right now, but I don't and it's not a huge deal. I honestly don't feel any effects at all, but that may be due to the fact that 'meth withdrawal' is consistent with my normal, default state of being - anhedonia, dysphoria, constant sleep, heavy appetite, crippling depression, physical fatigue making it impossible to even get out of bed, etc. This is all the stuff I feel every day, so coming down from this shit feels like nothing at all.

I'm honestly shocked. I knew there was no physical withdrawal from meth, but I honestly expected it to be SO much worse than this.

My real concern is that even if I had money, there is currently no supply for the morphine/codeine I've taken daily for the past two years. This is going to be a real problem. I have enough for maybe one or two more days, but after that I'm in for two to three weeks of hell. I've never experienced serious opioid withdrawals but according to first-hand accounts from others, the withdrawal from the combination I'm on is said to be notably worse than heroin withdrawal, specifically in terms of length of time. I only take a high enough dose for stabilization and normalcy, meaning I don't take enough to get blasted and nod off all day, so it won't be as bad as some have it but it will not be pleasant. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it, but a tolerance break will be good. It's been a long time since I've not been dependent on a drug so it's going to be an interesting experience.

I've made more contacts with the drug supply chain lately in my meth experimentation, so I think I'd be able to get some black if the need is strong enough but I'd like to avoid that for the time being. Meth is also useful for getting off of opioids so that may be an avenue to assist my struggles. Will update when the time comes.
         

  
      

I dealt with withdrawals of both Percocet & Oxycodone, safe to say it was the worse experience I had had since the surgeries that had left me in a position where I had to take those meds in order to even not feel remotely encumbered by extreme pain. I had a pretty severe case of Pectus Excavatum and lets just say chest surgery isn't something I ever want to go through ever again. So you have my sympathies for whatever may happen to you soon, it was a long time before I felt "normal" again.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

After many months of smoking DMT, I've decided to quit. Its taste makes me feel nauseated, I don't enjoy the trip as much as I used to, and the aftermath has become increasingly annoying. Like opium, I just don't feel like consuming it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    After many months of smoking DMT, I've decided to quit. Its taste makes me feel nauseated, I don't enjoy the trip as much as I used to, and the aftermath has become increasingly annoying. Like opium, I just don't feel like consuming it anymore.
    Damn dude. Is this a normal experience for psychonauts? The class of drug I know the absolute least about, both in knowledge and first-hand experience, is the hallucinogen/psychedelic/entheogen/etc family.

I've done about 1.75g of mushrooms maybe two separate times, years ago. If I felt anything, it was the absolute most minimum body high. I recall my pupils being big, but I don't believe I felt almost anything. That is the entirety of my experience with these drugs. I have no desire because my mind is very fragile and my psyche has been hanging on by a thread for years. If I were to mess around with any of these drugs, I would... almost certainly go away and never really come back.

So I have a very minimal understanding of how things generally work. I've never really understood these drugs to be a very habitual thing for people. It always seemed to me more like a formal or ritualistic type of deal. I know one of the most common bits of advice regarding MDMA is to give your brain liberal time to recover, otherwise you may cause damage and your high will be a fraction of the intensity as the one before. But on the other hand, I also know that microdosing LSD or psilocybin is a common thing.

I feel like DMT has become much more common in the past decade or so, but honestly that might just be to that being the time period during which I first started hearing about it... But it seems like a heavy dose of Joe Rogan plus Enter The Void plus DMT: The Spirit Molecule and a few other big cultural dents have helped to really bring DMT to the forefront. I remember showing people that Rogan video ten years ago and nobody I knew had ever heard of DMT. Now it seems like every psychonaut and amateur tripper is a DMT professional.

Anyway, I somehow fucking managed to find a couple old baggies with some speed in them (!!!) so I'm kinda flying right now and I gotta manually steer myself back to the main topic before I veer irrevocably off-track...

So, what exactly does "many months" mean? When was the first time you used it? How often have you been using it lately? Did you trip as a way to get "high" as time-killing recreation or did you have a purpose? Were you trying to discover something within yourself? Were you trying to discover something within the universe within yourself? Did you discover either? Again I'm no expert, but I feel like if you've reached the point of getting bored/annoyed/sick during and after taking such a consciousness-altering chemical, maybe it's the best choice you could make to stop? Many people would argue that reaching this point means you were done a long time ago - there's nothing more you can get out of it.

Shrug. Give the thread some details if you feel like.

P.S. lol reaching a point where you "just don't feel like" consuming opium anymore is unfathomable to me. I normally describe the drug I use daily as 'morphine/codeine' but it's just pure opium latex. I'm not sure how different the availability and legality is in Mexico, but how do you take it? Do you use pods? Do you smoke it or use it orally?

I'm hopelessly addicted, physically and mentally and emotionally, but there are honestly worse things to be hooked on. I wish I could live with somebody else's brain chemistry for a day. I legitimately cannot imagine being inside a brain where any of the negative side-effects of opioids made even the tiniest dent in the all-encompassing warm hug of pure love I get from using. To me it's like saying "I had the best sex I've ever had for 8 hours yesterday, but I had a few burps afterwards so I think I'm gonna stop doing it." The 1% costs are negligible to the 99% benefits I experience.
         

  
      

Gabapentin, percs, and pot being the only drugs I've done, I have really no desire to try heavier drugs but one in particular I'm very curious about and that is coke. Living in a small town it's hard to get whereas meth is very easy to get (not something I'd try)

I've heard mixed reviews about it: some say it's really great and others say it's not worth it at all because of the price and the fact that it apparently doesn't last long?? I don't know but I think it'd be pretty awesome to try.

I've heard mixed reviews about it: some say it's really great and others say it's not worth it at all because of the price and the fact that it apparently doesn't last long?? I don't know but I think it'd be pretty awesome to try.
    I can tell you that you heard... wrong. The two *main* appeals of meth are that it's cheap as hell and it lasts goddamn forever. Like, those are the reasons it's as huge as it is. Meth that's expensive and doesn't last long is just coke.

But other than that it's going to be different for everybody to such a huge degree that it's hard to say how it'll feel for you unless you just try it yourself. I might type up a full report on my experience one of these days if I get good and high and don't get distracted fully disassembling my laptop to clean it or organizing settings and sub-menus in every piece of software I have installed (for the 20th time this month.)