Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

Thread: What Are You Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
    My latest addition in a long line of eccentric reading material is The Gnostic Bible, by Willis Barnstone and Marvin Meyer. It is fucking lit.
    It is a great introduction to not only the Nag Hammadi Library, but I appreciate that they threw in one of the Islamic mystics as well. I am however not very pleased with their representation of the Albigensian (Cathar) sources, because omfg so problematic and the weirdest translation of the Book of Two Principles ever.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
    My latest addition in a long line of eccentric reading material is The Gnostic Bible, by Willis Barnstone and Marvin Meyer. It is fucking lit.
    there is always a first
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    It is a great introduction to not only the Nag Hammadi Library, but I appreciate that they threw in one of the Islamic mystics as well. I am however not very pleased with their representation of the Albigensian (Cathar) sources, because omfg so problematic and the weirdest translation of the Book of Two Principles ever.
    This is my first dive into gnosticism after being introduced to it by Jung so I don't really know what you're talking about haha, but I'll keep it in mind while reading!

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Winding back the clock and filling in some script logic gaps, or much rather "Rooting out and eliminating dead wood" so to speak. (The Rose Technique - lol). Back to being a book worm, only this time carrying a tool kit along with those who have dared taking pruning sheers to the mentality of boring, dull lecture hall attending golems who are too easily molded by pop psychology/pop sciences. A type of student that I used to be. I'm reading two books at the same time that could both be considered counterparts yet contain drastic counterpoints for me to ping pong their contents back and forth in my mind. Tweaking and restoring my erudition back to a state of buoyancy again. And I'm only reading books on these subject matters as apparently I'm an idiot. I'm an arrogant, patronizing loser with too much time on my hands, so I fuck with morons all day. Anyway.... Here are the two books that I am reading currently to correct that behavior.

The illustrated, updated & expanded edition of "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking as well as "The Omniverse" by Alfred Lambremont Webre.

P.S. Children have plastic brains. Fact.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 10-12-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Raven : The Untold Story of Jim Jones and His People by Tim Reiterman, John Jacobs

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post