Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263

Thread: What Are You Reading?

Stayed up into the wee hours last night reading 'Being and Time' by Martin Heidegger.

Unique and anomalous in content and style when compared with almost any other philosophical endeavour, the guy has utterly reinvented the lexicon of ontology.

Being is time, and time is finite, God is irrelevant and we can only exist as an authentic and veracious being by having a real cognizance of our own death.

My brain is altricial still and thick with swampy computations so apologies that I haven't been as erudite here as I would have wished to be. If you have a few dozen hours spare, give it a gander.

" 'Body', 'soul', and 'spirit' may designate phenomenal domains which can be detached as themes for definite investigations; within certain limits their ontological indefiniteness may not be important. When, however, we come to the question of man's Being, this is not something we can simply compute by adding together those kinds of Being which body, soul, and spirit respectively possess--kinds of being whose nature has not as yet been determined. And even if we should attempt such an ontological procedure, some idea of the Being of the whole must be presupposed."

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Currently i'm reading some Dalai Lama books. I used to be a very strong Atheist up until 2011. But now I like to consider myself just a free spiritual being (meaning that I have my own beliefs on certain subjects).
    I always followed the man on Twitter, when I still had an account. And I always liked what he shared, and was always fascinated by Buddhism in general. But I never really had the time to get/read any of his books, nor any other books about the subject, up until now.
    So, finally, I got a good deal on Amazon and decided to purchase a few of his books and started reading them.
    The selection includes:

Healing Anger
    How To Practice : The Way To A Meaningful Life
    The Dalai Lama's Little Book Of Wisdom
    Path Of Wisdom, Path Of Peace
    The Joy Of Living And Dying In Peace
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post