Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Manson featured in Hit Parader

Stupid Teenage Girl

Default Manson featured in Hit Parader

So, I kind of hesitated to post this in the "News" section, because it's not really news...it's just a small bit on Manson (but with a full-page picture...which is great) in a magazine. Just thought some you guys might be interested...so, I'll post it here, but if it needs to be moved, that's fine.

Anyway, I was at Barnes & Noble today picking up a few copies of the Revolver issue with Manson and Slayer (I know...so late!), and I decided to check out Hit Parader's "Hard Rock's Best of the Best" issue, since With Teeth was on the cover along with a collage of other album covers. (ACSS is also on the cover, but I didn't notice it right away.)

In the "Top 50 CDs of the '90s", Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar is number 13. The part reads:

Prior to this release, MM was being viewed by the music industry as little more than a wild-eyed, publicity-seeking "freak" lurking on the periphery of the hard rock mainstream. After the arrival of Superstar, however, all bets were off. Manson had not only entered the mainstream, he had done so kicking and screaming, pulling his entire sordid surroundings along for the ride.
    Strangely enough, the picture is from Holywood era...

I don't know how to resize them, so here's links to the scans...hopefully everyone can get to them okay. :)

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww17 ... pcover.jpg
    http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww17 ... ls/hp1.jpg
    http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww17 ... ls/hp2.jpg

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Re: Manson featured in Hit Parader

Excellent, thank you for this.

Much as I dislike the tendency for magazines to run back stories (smacks of lazy journalism to me), I do think it's nice when certain albums get bookmarked for the recognition they deserve.

I look forward to the scans.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

^Agreed. Anyways thanks for the news, who made #1?

Not a bad spot at all.

Stupid Teenage Girl

First post has been edited with the scans...I hope the links work for everyone.

Mchammer, Metallica's self-titled album made #1 (for the 90s)...no surprise here. Also, I found it interesting that Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss was #5, Saigon Kick's self-titled release made #30, and Danzig's Lucifuge was #40. (At least, according to some journalist's opinion, that is...I would have put Manson as #1, lol.)