Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The High End Of Low

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

When I listen to the High End of Low one of the things that gets pulled up in my mind is during EAT ME, DRINK ME Manson was mentioning "Buyer Beware", I think the last time I heard him say it was in that MTV interview when he played at that fans house. When he commented on people being suprised he does bad things.

"When I'm being myself, they are all freaked out "Wow hes bad, he does bad things". I don't have to list my characteristics.

Why did you ask me in the first place? Why did you marry me? Why did you ask me? Buyer Beware. It should be a lable, I'm going to get a tatoo that says "Buyer Beware"."

So when I was listening to The High End of Low, I am hearing lyrics like..

"It's not like I made myself a list
    of new and different ways to muder your heart
    i'm just a painting thats still wet
    and if you touch me i'l be smeared,
    You'll be stained... stained for the
    rest of your life"
    - Leave a Scar

"I'm well aware i'm a danger to myself
    are you aware i'm a danger to others?"
    - Leave a Scar

"i'm worse than what you think you'd catch from me"
    - WOW

"did you stop and take a look at who you fell in love with?
    at who you fell in love with?"
    - WOW

There are probably other lyrics in there, but those are the ones that come to mind when I think back to Buyer Beware. The more I listened to the album, the more I kept thinking of this whole Buyer Beware attitude Manson had before.
    Marilyn Manson is who he is, he isn't some act or something different so people shouldn't expect him to be what he isn't.

"The clock has stopped..."

Hurry Time Is?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by --

Hurry Time Is?
    "Faster, faster, faster, faster, faster I'm late I'm late.
    The hands on my clock, are starting to shake
    "?

That comes to mind, also the clock face showing 6:19 in EAT ME, DRINK ME. Someone did also mention that the quote on Twiggy's guitar could be related to Oasis breaking up, as they had a best of called Stop The Clocks, and Twiggy is a fan. Also, the clock behind Manson in The High End Of Low booklet reads 1:25:10, I believe, but the "hands" are resting on the numbers 1 and 5...
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

and with this being about the word STOP,with this video coming out and seeing a girl who resembles Evan..
    In "Devour",Manson sings"and I'll love you,if you let me and you won't make me stop"and at the end of the song,you can guess that she has made him stop.
    So,the clock has stopped.
    The clock was shown to us during Eat Me,Drink Me an album that Manson made sincerely for Evan.
    and in the latest incarnation of the Marilyn Manson Official website,when you first enter the page and it begins to "load",it looks like a gun is shot and blood splatters and that goes with the lyrics in Devour-"this is loaded and if I open them ,I'll see you and I'll blow your heart to pieces".

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Nice link together there, sugarbaby.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D.
    Quote Originally Posted by -< me >-
    Hurry Time Is?
    "Faster, faster, faster, faster, faster I'm late I'm late. The hands on my clock, are starting to shake"?
    I'm not entirely sure of it, but wasn't there also the sound of a ticking clock on Manson's website sometime during the celebritarian era (or was it EMDM)? Does anyone remember exactly which webpage that was affiliated with?

Sounds like he might have a mad watch on his hands or mad hands on his watch? Either/or.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

This jumped out at me while discussing Tarot with [god]speed this week:-

Both figures ride the ram, with a light held shining above their head...

"The Page of Wands invites the seeker to follow his/her heart. For the moment, remove the mental, emotional, and any other oppressive "baggage" of your adult self to discern your true desires from a free and child-like perspective:
    What do you really feel and want to do ? This is a positive, purposeful card. It encourages the seeker to consider new and original ways of approaching his/her situation.
    "

http://www.ivy-rose.co.uk/Tarot/Wands/Page_Wands.php
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

This isn't anything major but I will note it.

This character and concept in THEOL is reaching a point of no return and a rebirth, a rekindling of innocence if you will. If you take an iconic image from one of Tim Burton's most fantastic characters and compare it alongside a promo photo for THEOL you will find a semi-interesting resemblance to be had. Not to mention a sort of distant liking and mutual feeling between Manson and Burton, as well as depp. In Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Manson was a potential cast to play Willy Wonka (real or not who knows). Johnny Depp filled the role. We all know Manson and Wonka, but anyways....

The character I am referring to is Edward Scissorhands, you guessed it. In the film, Edward is seen as an innocent childlike being with whimsical happenings and a forbidden romance.

THEOL seems to allude to a forbidden romance between Manson and a woman/women/Evan.

More connections:

Edward is movie character (I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies)

Scissorhands in a relation to cutting ("cut cut cut cut cut" from I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies).

Edward cuts himself many times in the film when moving his hands on accident (Leave A Scar).

I'm reaching and scraping the barrel for this comparison I know. Here's a last piece of exhibits to be had. Note the similar stance style with projected appendages (Edwards blades and Manson's lights.) as well as a similar hue of blue. No the same angles aren't presented but its similar none the less.:

Done!
    I use words sharp as a sword

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I posted that as Azoth on the Phant, No harm done though. I thought it was a pretty easy find to anyone who is familiar with Burton's work, So I imagine that you noticed this on your own, Thanks for posting Sixx.

Original AIDS provider.

I don't think that's really too much of a stretch at all, as least as far as the picture goes. Not so sure on things thematically, I'll have to think about that one some more and it's been a while since I saw the film. But the picture definitely fits.