Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Manson mexican parodies" compilation.

Default The "Manson mexican parodies" compilation.

For over the years, Marilyn Manson has played a particular role on the mexican society. Being the last boogie-man for a country filled with catholic believers and little english speakers, one can easily imagine why many people over here consider it either terrifying and attractive.

Said so, I'm proud to present you some of the most remembered emulations of parody about Marilyn Manson that my country has produced.

1. Marilín Mensón.

Well-known comedian Eugenio Derbez once found his daughter watching some MM videos on the T.V. He was shocked by what he saw and it inspired it to create a parody character that many people like, and some other hate. He used it on his own Tv Shows and as well on the World Cup special shows. Below there's a clip of such character:

[youtube:19e44mnl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgH1d7i8Op0[/youtube:19e44mnl]

that video was recorded on Germany during the 2006 World Cup. The song is a mockery of a pop group called Rebelde.

2. Charly Manson.

I'm sorry for all you WWE fans, but the mexican wrestling is considered the best one in the world. Curiously enough, there's one singular wrestler that goes under the name "Charly Manson". Yes, he goes on and fights in the ring dressed as our beloved reverend. He gets inspired by Manson's variety of outfits. He used to appear to the rythm of "The Beautiful People" and "Rock Is Dead", but I'm not sure if the guy is still active. To the best of my knowledge, he is (or was) a very good wrestler.

3. Huevilin Manso.

There was this cartoon series in which all the characters were eggs. This series were called "Huevocartoons" and they included many representations of famous people on it. Of course, Marilyn Manson was one of them. His character is called Huevilin Manso (a play on words, since Manso in spanish means harmless). A really cute one. My sister gave me one as a christmas gift.

Here it is the little bastard:

http://www.computonet.ws/animacionesfla ... Manson.htm

I had some photos of the one my sister gave me, but I can't find them. As soon as I do, I'll post them here.

4. Rocklonitos.

This one wasn't as popular as the previous 3 ones, but still deserves a spot. Sabritas (Lays for you, americans) launched last year a campaign on Doritos, with a collection of stickers with voodoo-like versions of celebrities. Manson, of course, was included as well. They gave it the name Mary-lin.

I can't find an image either, but I'll scan the sticker I have in one of my notebooks. You can watch the animations here: http://corcholat.com/$41b

Hopefully Oedepus has his Huevilin Manson images at hand.

Black Metal Ist Krieg Lord Hypnos's Avatar

Default Re: The "Manson mexican parodies" compilation.

LOL! I love Egg Manson! Also, Marilín Mensón looks more like a Black Metaller than Manson :p

Also, when I went to Mexico last November, I never saw a Manson Rocklonito, just other ones. They didn't resemble musicians. Are they still available over there?
    "The Yesterdays are hailed with open arms.... with open arms..."

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend

2. Charly Manson.

I'm sorry for all you WWE fans, but the mexican wrestling is considered the best one in the world..
    I may watch it sometimes, but I knowthat WWE sucks 80% of the time. I see it as more of a show- mexican wrestling isn't a joke from my understanding. I'm not a big wrestling fan so I never got into it, but Japaneses and Mexican Wrestling blow the WWE out of the water, wrestling superstars or not.

Luchadores d. WWE ;)

Anyway, interesting thread :)

Haha, I did notice Mexicans love to parody Manson. The only one I was familiar with was Menson as my family loved to call for me when he was on TV just to mock the fact that I was a Manson fan to begin with, lol. Last time I went to Mexico which was baout 2 years ago I notice he still has quite a following. Strangely enough "emo" is huge down there. Is that still the case? I also find it funny that Dragonball is super big down there.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedGod
    Haha, I did notice Mexicans love to parody Manson. The only one I was familiar with was Menson as my family loved to call for me when he was on TV just to mock the fact that I was a Manson fan to begin with, lol. Last time I went to Mexico which was baout 2 years ago I notice he still has quite a following. Strangely enough "emo" is huge down there. Is that still the case? I also find it funny that Dragonball is super big down there.
    Yes, there is a big Emo following. It's pretty annoying actually. Those bands like Panda And Allison are usually their favorite and whatnot. Have you heard of that whole "Metalhead vs. Emo" controversy thing?

Lol I noticed the Dragonball thing too, but that's awesome :D

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster Gates
    Yes, there is a big Emo following. It's pretty annoying actually. Those bands like Panda And Allison are usually their favorite and whatnot. Have you heard of that whole "Metalhead vs. Emo" controversy thing?

Lol I noticed the Dragonball thing too, but that's awesome :D
    Hmmm, I better not check out those bands. It is pretty fucking annoying (although I also notice lots of hot "emo" girls) and I have seen a video of "emos" and metalheads fighting in the street. Lmao. If only they would be fighting about who has better grades in school, that country might do better for itself...but alas.

Haha they're the equivalent of My Chemical Romance/Fall Out Boy etc. That whole fight is so damn useless. The metalheads are ignorant and the Emos are just dumbasses, but yes, I agree with you, wish there was more education instilled into them. Anyways, this is way off topic. lol

I love that Manson has had an influence on Mexican Pop Culture, most of the paradies are funny.

or

Follow Celiny-O On Twitter Add Celiny-O on Facebook Follow Celiny-O on Tumblr

*dies a little inside*
    "I've always wondered who makes those minuscule ziploc bags. What sandwich is going to fit in one of those?" - Marilyn Manson

It's not that bad....