Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    When I first heard TPE I wanted to make it into a physical person and have sex with it. It was that damn good.
    I like that!
    I checked my local Walmart and we do not have it. In fact, I can only find one copy at Target and only one copy of the single box promotion at Best Buy. It seems that it wasn't distributed well here. Everything is moving online, with music shopping.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    I like that!
    I checked my local Walmart and we do not have it. In fact, I can only find one copy at Target and only one copy of the single box promotion at Best Buy. It seems that it wasn't distributed well here. Everything is moving online, with music shopping.
    Even if I'm not looking to buy, I like (when I'm at Target, Best Buy etc.) to look in the MANSON section. Just to check to see what they have.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Even if I'm not looking to buy, I like (when I'm at Target, Best Buy etc.) to look in the MANSON section. Just to check to see what they have.
    Yes, I do that too sometimes. We do have the new album on vinyl here in town and in our neighboring town, so that is something. The place here is just a local record shop and the other place is a major entertainment store, they just store a lot of stuff on vinyl.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    I like that!
    This point has always interested me, because I think that started more around the late 2000s. While the Internet and file-sharing was catching on even as early as 1999, I'm still convinced that CDs and CD players were still popular and in style in 2003-2004. I'm also convinced that 2005 was been the year CDs really started to have a decline, not just in sales, but popularity as the iPod really started to take over more and more. Even though I became a fan of Marilyn Manson late in the game, I felt a bit lucky to have been a fan since 2002, as it was a lot easier to find Marilyn Manson CDs in real life back then. (Or any CDs for that matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    That definitely takes me back, because it seems like there sometimes isn't any Marilyn Manson section, not to mention the CD sections of Best Buy shrinking if not disappearing entirely. Those were the days though, when it was a guarantee to always see the Marilyn Manson sections fully stocked with so many copies of Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood and The Golden Age of Grotesque in Best Buy, FYE and Circuit City.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-11-2015 at 08:20 PM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    That definitely takes me back, because it seems like there sometimes isn't any Marilyn Manson section, not to mention the CD sections of Best Buy shrinking if not disappearing entirely. Those were the days though, when it was a guarantee to always see the Marilyn Manson sections fully stocked with so many copies of Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood and The Golden Age of Grotesque in Best Buy, FYE and Circuit City.
    Best Buy, or at least the one near my house, has a pretty good music selection, including one of MANSON. The location close to me will still have ACSS, HW, MA, GAOG etc. Like if I am looking for an album, they'll usually have it there. Target, Wal Mart etc. are shrinking though, almost to nothing. But The Best Buy near me has a phenomenal music section. I also have an FYE near my house as well and they, of course, have a great collection as well. I don't see how they're still in business since no one is buying CDs anymore.

Hell, even the Barnes and Nobles have better music selections than a lot of places nowadays. And haha I remember Circuit City :).
    Last edited by cataract777; 02-11-2015 at 09:05 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

This was last year, but Tori Amos mentioned Marilyn Manson in this interview and she admitted that she has considered to eventually cover a Marilyn Manson song in it. Tori Amos also admires Marilyn Manson's artistry again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5584584.html

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Text from my brother.

14. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

There's a part of The Gardener's chorus that reminds me of Super Mario Kart's Vanilla Lake song on the Super Nintendo, and knowing that Marilyn Manson is actually a fan of the Mario Kart franchise makes that reminder even a whole lot better for me.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-14-2015 at 04:25 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

After Ive read an interview with Tyler Bates, I thought he came as cocky and condescending, but now I think he was just annoyed with the questions or the interviewer, because after someone (too lazy to check) said in the Concert thread that they talked a bit, he seems quite lovely, willing to stay and talk with a fan. The fact that he is actually losing money doing these gigs but stays nonetheless shows how much he was involved with this record and that he put the best he had in it.

After Skold, he is my favorite of all members.
    What?

18. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

That was me. Tyler struck me as being very humble, and also very cultured - I don't know much about his biography, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the beneficiary of a good education.

The great thing is that he talked for awhile, and didn't blow me off. He also didn't seem to mind that my nervousness caused me to jump around a bit.

20. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post