Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

He's not getting paid to do the shows?

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    He's not getting paid to do the shows?
    What I gathered from the conversation - and bear in mind that I was talking to two acquaintances of Tyler's after he excused himself when this was brought up, not Tyler himself - is that he's getting paid, but passing up better paying jobs scoring films to do this tour. In that sense he's still making money, but he's also losing it. Especially after Guardians of the Galaxy was such a massive hit - Tyler has a lot of cachet now, and he'd easily be making much more doing film work. He's the most commercially accomplished musician Manson has ever worked with, even more than Trent Reznor, just from that one film.

I didn't inquire about this at length, as I thought it would be rude. And I could have gotten it wrong, as I'm a bit of a dunderhead. But that's what I took away from it, and I've speculated that to be the case anyway. It's why I don't expect Tyler to be a permanent fixture in the band.
    Last edited by The Overman; 02-14-2015 at 12:21 PM.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    What I gathered from the conversation - and bear in mind that I was talking to two acquaintances of Tyler's after he excused himself when this was brought up, not Tyler himself - is that he's getting paid, but passing up better paying jobs scoring films to do this tour. In that sense he's still making money, but he's also losing it. Especially after Guardians of the Galaxy was such a massive hit - Tyler has a lot of cachet now, and he'd easily be making much more doing film work. He's the most commercially accomplished musician Manson has ever worked with, even more than Trent Reznor, just from that one film.

I didn't inquire about this at length, as I thought it would be rude. And I could have gotten it wrong, as I'm a bit of a dunderhead. But that's what I took away from it, and I've speculated that to be the case anyway. It's why I don't expect Tyler to be a permanent fixture in the band.
    Oh yeah, I see. Still great of him to take the spot, especially knowing he's passing up other better paying opportunities, even if it's only temporary. Makes me like him even more.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I just noticed that when I get my v1c0din scripts, they give me 60, which is just barely enough for a Seven Day Binge.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    I just noticed that when I get my v1c0din scripts, they give me 60, which is just barely enough for a Seven Day Binge.
    You're 10 short :/

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel
    Last edited by Nemoris Inferioris; 02-15-2015 at 12:11 AM.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    Doesn't that depend entirely upon how hard you're binging?
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Whatever happened to the film The Splatter Sisters that MANSON was going to be in? I remember when Manson and Evan broke up the film was still a go. Then it kind of faded away. I'm guessing it was canned obviously.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    I've whited out my name. Halo Infinity's Avatar

There's something very moving about listening to Irresponsible Hate Anthem and Great Big White World being performed next to each other live. I tend to listen to those songs next to each other whenever I listen to The Last Tour on Earth. It also started from me enjoying to listen to and seeing Great Big White World being performed after The Reflecting God on the Guns, God and Government DVD.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-16-2015 at 04:39 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I whish Manson would do an audiobook. I wouldn't even care much what he read, but I love his voice so much. Sounds fangirly-ish, but isn't meant to be. I don't even think his "singing" and screaming voice is that sprecial. It's just the older he gets (maybe the more he smokes ;)) the more gnarled and creaking his normal "talking voice" gets and it somehow has a calming effect on me. So I'd love to have him publish an audiobook of bedtime stories. Yeah, that would be great.

Also: I am so very happy I bought the 'special' version of TPE with the three extra tracks on it. I think I enjoy them almost more than the rest of the album. I didn't like Third day of a seven day binge very much, but Day 3 is much better. Also The Fall of the House Of Death is great! I guess I like those versions because they deliver most of the Blues I was promised for this record

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post