Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MistressOfClouds View Post
    I whish Manson would do an audiobook. I wouldn't even care much what he read, but I love his voice so much. Sounds fangirly-ish, but isn't meant to be. I don't even think his "singing" and screaming voice is that sprecial. It's just the older he gets (maybe the more he smokes ;)) the more gnarled and creaking his normal "talking voice" gets and it somehow has a calming effect on me. So I'd love to have him publish an audiobook of bedtime stories. Yeah, that would be great.
    I agree and would love that!

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I'm so glad I found my Manson Unembodied Self shirt!

I like Manson's music, but some of his behaviour, ugh. Distancing myself a little bit.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Imagine Manson releasing the Holy Wood novel as an audiobook and him reading it in the voice he used when he read Overneath's lyrics for The Words.

Quote Originally Posted by Britta View Post
    I like Manson's music, but some of his behaviour, ugh. Distancing myself a little bit.
    What behavior, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    Imagine Manson releasing the Holy Wood novel as an audiobook and him reading it in the voice he used when he read Overneath's lyrics for The Words.

Having sex/an affair and flaunting it in front of your ex wife comes to mind.

Original AIDS provider.

My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

I'm not trying to turn this into the "Trash Manson's Personal Life Hour", but I've heard some shit. I don't know if it's because he's 'Marilyn Manson', or not. I used to ignore it and attribute it to his persona. Now, he's become one of the kinds of artists I like, but ignore their personal lives or whatever. (Which I know is ironic to state whilst talking about him like so.) His former relationship was weird to read about in some of the recent press, (Rolling Stone where she walked around the house in skimpy lingerie, not shaming that, but it's his whole thing of "sex five times a day". How misogynistic can you be? In the sense of, she was like a sexual object for him.) Fuck off with that shit. I'm hearing he's been a dick with a lot of his exes, apparently. When people were harassing his current ex online, apparently he liked some of the posts and followed some of the hate accounts. How mature.

It's just really weird. I remember being young and loving Manson, I still do. But I just can't shake off and ignore that behaviour and attribute it to, "Oh, he's Manson, he's just doing it to start shit." I honestly wish he'd just do what Alice Cooper's done and play shock-rock on stage, but be completely different in real life. This whole "There's no on-stage/off-stage" is just... ugh. It really blurs lines, and while I think he's a good person, definitely a smart person, a lot of what he's doing isn't. Of course I don't know all, maybe it's shitty to base my opinion on a few things, but not even, with his book... I don't know. I remember reading it and going 'wow, what the fuck' then, too. As I get older I'm wising up. I still like him, don't get me wrong, but it's his attitude on some things that I am really turned off by.
    Last edited by Britta; 02-19-2015 at 08:00 AM.

8. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Britta I totally relate to what you're saying. I had a hard time for a while trying to reconcile and integrate a lot of the stuff Manson was doing and saying off stage with my love and appreciation for everything he has ever done musically and artistically. When his interviews changed from philosophical and analytical to him sounding quite like an idiot (in my opinion), it was the worst type of feeling, as if I'd been let down and betrayed. With time though I was able to realize that anything he does or says now does not negate or invalidate everything else he has done previously, and that it's 100% possible to idolize an artist's work without idolizing the artist himself. I had to keep reminding myself that just because I've obsessively devoured every creative material he has ever released, does not mean that I know the first thing about him personally, and that Manson as a creator (or preserver, or destroyer, or what the fuck ever) is not the same as Manson as a person. That schism in my head has helped tremendously with preserving my infatuation with Marilyn Manson's work, regardless of what Marilyn Manson says or does outside of it.
    Last edited by FeedYourHead; 02-19-2015 at 12:11 PM.

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

If he changes from this way, it will be when he meets the right woman for him, he also may never.
    It's the same from the start of all rockstars, the importance of the heart, love and sex and the caliber of groupies.
    He also has an image to project, remember.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Britta View Post
    His former relationship was weird to read about in some of the recent press, (Rolling Stone where she walked around the house in skimpy lingerie, not shaming that, but it's his whole thing of "sex five times a day". How misogynistic can you be? In the sense of, she was like a sexual object for him.) Fuck off with that shit.
    I don't know... sounds like you were slut shaming. And having sex a few times a day? How is this misogynistic? Did she not have sex with him five times a day also. Or was Manson just adding to "rape culture".

Someone please call the PC police.