Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    I don't know... sounds like you were slut shaming. And having sex a few times a day? How is this misogynistic? Did she not have sex with him five times a day also. Or was Manson just adding to "rape culture".

Someone please call the PC police.
    No, I'm not slut shaming. I'm just stating the context. I don't care how many times someone has sex in a day, but it was the way Manson SAID it that, to me, makes it misogynistic. Plus the shit he said recently in the Dazed magazine interview, he realizes he has those kinds of ideas, but will he change? I can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Britta I totally relate to what you're saying. I had a hard time for a while trying to reconcile and integrate a lot of the stuff Manson was doing and saying off stage with my love and appreciation for everything he has ever done musically and artistically. When his interviews changed from philosophical and analytical to him sounding quite like an idiot (in my opinion), it was the worst type of feeling, as if I'd been let down and betrayed. With time though I was able to realize that anything he does or says now does not negate or invalidate everything else he has done previously, and that it's 100% possible to idolize an artist's work without idolizing the artist himself. I had to keep reminding myself that just because I've obsessively devoured every creative material he has ever released, does not mean that I know the first thing about him personally, and that Manson as a creator (or preserver, or destroyer, or what the fuck ever) is not the same as Manson as a person. That schism in my head has helped tremendously with preserving my infatuation with Marilyn Manson's work, regardless of what Marilyn Manson says or does outside of it.
    Yeah. I do love his work, I'm trying to love only that, not just whatever he's saying these days.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    I don't know... sounds like you were slut shaming. And having sex a few times a day? How is this misogynistic? Did she not have sex with him five times a day also. Or was Manson just adding to "rape culture".

Someone please call the PC police.
    I didn't get the impression that she said that having sex a few times a day is misogynistic. What she was saying, if I'm correct, was that the interview made MANSON sound like he viewed Lyndsay as a sex object. That's the impression I certaintly got reading it. But that's just me (oh, and Britta).
    Last edited by cataract777; 02-19-2015 at 05:25 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

You want Manson to be like Alice Cooper? What's that mean, playing golf, becoming a Christian fundamentalist and shilling for the Republican Party?
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Yea - no insult to anyone but as much as I like Alice - its not even close (or an amusing thought).
    To me Manson was presenting a history of how he saw that world or how it unraveled not necc how he acted in it. From a lot of his interviews and those of his GF's - there is prolly a lot of gender play due to his style of obsession. Some of it is possibly borderline - safe to assume he is eccentric in prolly a few ways but I don't think that's bad.
    I accept that gender is part of what we are obsessed with and is pretty much the main reason everyone wants to be with someone - we as thinking beings of course want more than just to mate (well most of us) but bottom line is "I want your Sex". What people "get off" on in relationships isn't usually a bad thing.
    Maybe Mazza should cover that song =?
    Last edited by Korpz; 02-19-2015 at 07:16 PM.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

I've read a couple of interviews over the past few weeks where the introduction by the writer has described The Pale Emperor as both Manson's best work since Mechanical Animals, and since Antichrist Superstar. I'm aware that taste is subjective, but what drugs are these people on?
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    I've read a couple of interviews over the past few weeks where the introduction by the writer has described The Pale Emperor as both Manson's best work since Mechanical Animals, and since Antichrist Superstar. I'm aware that taste is subjective, but what drugs are these people on?
    Holy Wood is going to be one of those albums that get "critically 're-evaluated" at some point in time. Mark my words.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I think this is just going to show what it is the mainstream audiences gravitate towards. Holy Wood is no lesser an artistic and beautifully crafted album, but it is much uglier and abrasive. And lengthy - it's a very dark and deep album to get into and digest. Mechanical Animals was MM's pop break thru, and for a lot of general music fans TPE seems to be the first album since MA that has that broad reach and appeal.

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Today, on a long drive home, I listened to Overneath (The Path of Misery) for the first time in a long while. I forgot how much I love this particular track. I definately think it's one of Manson's best. Lyrically it's also very good. I always loved the way he sings "No Macbeth confessed Oedipus no longer present-tense." The chorus in particular is also I think the best part. If it was used during a trailer of a film I'm sure a lot of people would dig it.

The Born Villain short film that it was used for I still think is so badass, and a great "trailer" for the album. Even though it's just borrowed imagery from Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain. I was lucky enough to be there during the premiere that he had of the film for the fans at Hennessy and Ingalls bookstore in West Hollywood. Got the Campaign book and got it signed by him and Shia. Was a great night.
    Last edited by cataract777; 02-24-2015 at 09:10 PM.

15. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

I really like that song too, I think it's a shame it was never played live, especially given the promotion it got being used in the trailer.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I really like that song too, I think it's a shame it was never played live, especially given the promotion it got being used in the trailer.
    I was also hoping to hear it live, now it's pretty safe to say it will most likely never happen. Just a great track.

19. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post