Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    The pre Reznor version of GYG is way better.
    I just listened to a lot of the Pre-Reznor version of POAAF, and it does sound a lot better. More raw, and the guitars sound heavier, more garageband sound. The only thing better about Reznor's mix is the drums. Which is the main reason why it was remixed, and why the drummer at the time left. The Assistant Engineer for the album is in the comment section, and is talking about the SK days and during production and cool facts.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I just listened to a lot of the Pre-Reznor version of POAAF, and it does sound a lot better. More raw, and the guitars sound heavier, more garageband sound. The only thing better about Reznor's mix is the drums. Which is the main reason why it was remixed, and why the drummer at the time left. The Assistant Engineer for the album is in the comment section, and is talking about the SK days and during production and cool facts.
    I like most of the pre-Reznor Portrait way more, honestly. I know the band hated itself hated it, but I like the rawness of it, and of course, the live drums. Plus Filth was a really good song and I have no idea why they left it off. Thrift is another one I can't believe didn't make Portrait. Only thing with The Manson Family Album I'd change is that some of the songs really needed to pick up in speed.

Snake Eyes and Sissies is another one that sounds much cooler on the first version of the album.

People downplay Daisy too much, even in our own fandom. Take one look at that biased as hell page Provider Module has of him. It's not objective in the slightest.

"Berkowitz is clearly the least relevant member to the ethos of the record, even being usurped by the quiet, uncertain addition of drummer Ginger Fish."

What complete tripe.
    Last edited by Mok; 05-22-2017 at 02:47 PM.

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I've been listening to the Eat Me, Drink Me instrumentals lately and adore them. I especially love You and Me and the Devil Makes 3. Love the beat, energizing. And the title track is of course fantastic.

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

They're So hypnotic. The IIWYV instrumentals are so dark and give that sort of Christmas/ Halloween vibe. Hell's Not Hot has very depressing, yet beautiful instrumentals. Title track is straight hypnosis. Underrated album.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

I miss 2005 manson so much!!!
    Always well dressed, flawless makeup, amazing hair, that long and dark figure he used to had at that time, I'd wish he could be more like that manson in this time, also he never looked depressed or drunk during 2005.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

That was always my favorite era. Clean cut, GQ style. Very classy. But that was a decade ago, when he was in his 30's still. He has since grown older. His fashion sense has not gone away, as we've seen recently, he's been wearing 3-piece suits, very retro. Certainly not as fashionable as then, like wearing John Galiano, Vivienne Westwood, and other very prestigious fashion designers. He went from a gothic icon to a fashion icon. I think he lost his care for everything after his divorce and his other breakups. Lest We Forget that he was depressed in 2005, to a point of wanting to quit music. He may have just hid his depression better, under all those clothes. He has since grown older and dresses the best way that suits him. He has always had a style change throughout the years, even the most minimal changes. He has been acquiring a much more classier look since 2016, so let's see where he goes from here.

Notice how you referred to him as "2005 Manson", as if it was a different person. Well, he is different now.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

One can only hope someone changes somewhat in 12 years. Although the change may not necessarily be for the better.

I've been listening to some bootlegs from the Rape of the World Tour and really loved the audio clips from Alice In Wonderland that was used as an intro to Are You the Rabbit?. I especially love the one used before Sweet Dreams as well.

I love the lyrics to Are You the Rabbit?. Fantastically written.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Don't know how true this is, but it sounds pretty feasible. We all know how ropey Manson's voice can get on tour, and he does tend to bunch his shows together 3-at-a-time. Wouldn't be surprised.

https://susananders.com/singing-when-sick

"What do the famous singers do when they get sick and have a huge concert that night? Some get steroids shot right into their vocal cords. (2014 rebuttal: a singer friend in LA told me this years ago. This year a doctor at the Vanderbilt Voice Clinic told me nope, the shot goes in one's rear end.) This reduces the swelling enough to get them through the show, but the next day theres a slap-back effect and they lose their voice for the day. I've been told by someone in his inner circle that Marilyn Manson used to book his tours as a series of three days on and one day off: Hed scream through the first two days of shows, lose his voice and get a steroid shot to make it through the third day, then lose his voice the fourth day and wait for it to come back. Then the cycle would start again. This is not a plan Id recommend!"

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Pretty interesing. I've always wondered how one does that. How do they not cough while singing and such. Never knew steroids are used for singers.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Homeostasis View Post
    "I've been told by someone in his inner circle that Marilyn Manson used to book his tours as a series of three days on and one day off: He’d scream through the first two days of shows, lose his voice and get a steroid shot to make it through the third day, then lose his voice the fourth day and wait for it to come back."
    Third day of a seven day lozenge.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

17. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post