Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I'm definitely giving Eat Me, Drink Me more chances this time around. Some albums just take years to grow on me, and I think it's starting to finally click.
    I had exactly the same problem with this record. Well, actually it was my fault, since EM,DM was the first Manson record that was released after I started listening to the band, so after the release I've been listening to it every single day, sometimes even twice a day, for a month, which made me hate the record; I simply got bored with it.
    Then in 2010, during one of the most snowy and beautiful winters I can remember, I had nothing to listen to on my way to the university, so I started listening to Eat Me, Drink Me and all of a sudden something happened - I started noticing some great things about this record and I loved how great it fit with weather. So it took three years for me to appreciate this album, now it's one of my favorites.

Also, a random comment, or rather just an idea that I started thinking about last night - I would love the next, or whatever future album to be inspired by trip hop. Even though the genre is basically dead, I'm still in love with it, and I can imagine how great Manson's voice would sound combined with music inspired by Tricky, Massive Attack and/or Portishead.
    Last edited by TMC; 01-05-2015 at 02:38 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

EMDM was weird.

First I loved it, then hated it, now I love it again but realize it has faults.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish/hope that Manson includes Four Rusted Horses on a setlist soon.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish/hope that Manson includes Four Rusted Horses on a setlist soon.
    Same. I also think Are You the Rabbit? Would be perfect.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Stumbled upon this:

While scrolling through this: http://galessandrini.blogspot.fr/201...1995-1998.html

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    Same. I also think Are You the Rabbit? Would be perfect.
    The mood and atmosphere of The Pale Emperor could definitely be used to re-introduce some lesser-known tracks into a live set. Can you imagine Sweet Tooth, Devour, or Target Audience nestled in with some of these newer tracks? I can, I think the tour would be a great opportunity to resurrect past material for the stage.

If you've not already seen it, here's that Manson poster in its original colour print:-

Attached Images Attached Images
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    The mood and atmosphere of The Pale Emperor could definitely be used to re-introduce some lesser-known tracks into a live set. Can you imagine Sweet Tooth, Devour, or Target Audience nestled in with some of these newer tracks? I can, I think the tour would be a great opportunity to resurrect past material for the stage.
    While I'm a big fan of the albums, given Manson's recent comments in interviews about EMDM/ THEOL I somehow doubt we'll be seeing them appear live any time soon, especially a more obscure, non-single track like Rabbit? Which is a shame, Devour was brilliant live, although recapturing that may depend on him being in the same mental and emotional headspace. Manson's smart enough to recognize that himself I'm sure and, knowing that he's not, is a perfectly valid reason to not play them.

I can certainly see Sweet Tooth and Target Audience though, the latter of which Manson (or was it Twiggy?) mentioned years ago about wanting to play live. Personally I'd really like to see Snake Eyes & Sissies.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    While I'm a big fan of the albums, given Manson's recent comments in interviews about EMDM/ THEOL I somehow doubt we'll be seeing them appear live any time soon, especially a more obscure, non-single track like Rabbit? Which is a shame, Devour was brilliant live, although recapturing that may depend on him being in the same mental and emotional headspace. Manson's smart enough to recognize that himself I'm sure and, knowing that he's not, is a perfectly valid reason to not play them.

I can certainly see Sweet Tooth and Target Audience though, the latter of which Manson (or was it Twiggy?) mentioned years ago about wanting to play live. Personally I'd really like to see Snake Eyes & Sissies.
    I'd LOVE for him to do Snake Eyes and Sissies live! I'd also give anything to see him crank out Misery Machine as an encore.

We can only dream!
    "When We're Dead They'll Know Just Who We Are"

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Snakes Eyes And Sissies is probably my favourite song on Portrait Of An American Family, so I'd always be up for seeing that live. Sadly it's true that Manson may have consigned some songs from the past three records to the past, so I'd not hold out actual hope of hearing them performed, but in fantasy world there's a good ten-to-twelve tracks across the board from those outings I'd want to get a live rendition.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I just wish the band would rework a couple of past hits into dirty sleazy smokey blues numbers.
    "I have the fury of my own momentum"

18. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post