Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

A couple of suggestions towards that end:

"Dope Hat" would have been perfect for that stylistic reworking if "Diary Of A Dope Fiend" didn't already exist.

"Minute Of Decay" would require an absolute minimum amount of effort to turn into a serviceable blues song.

"The Last Day On Earth" would work great in a blues rock format, although it would probably have to retain some of the electronics to be successful.

Take your Holy Wood album booklet and throw a dart at it. Odds are good you'll hit a song that's an embryonic blues track already. Any of the acoustic numbers on it would work.

"Spade". 'Nuff said.

"You And Me And The Devil Make 3" is basically already a hard blues song. So is "Are You The Rabbit?".

You know, it's been twenty years since we've gotten an EP out of the Manson camp that was really essential in deciding the direction of the band. How many of you would buy an album containing one classic song from each prior release rewritten into a heavy blues form? Think NIN's Still, but blues rock instead of acoustic.

I'd want them to be deep cuts, though, an EP for the fans. Nobody wants to hear a blues version of "The Dope Show".
    Last edited by The Overman; 01-19-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

The Born Villain era was lacking something in terms of visuals and music, but i still believe it was a great record and better music than The Pale Emperor.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Copy of an Imitation GlitchyFlame's Avatar
    Follow GlitchyFlame On Twitter

TPE is in need of a great music video to back it up. You know that you fucked up when your 3rd Day and CCaG promo videos are better at capturing the era than your flag ship video. It's a shame that the video sucked so hard, TPE's amazing visuals would have complimented the song perfectly. Now i'm patiently waiting for a music video for TMOLA.

6. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

so we've reached the point where bringing back a prop from a tour that happened in '96 is seen as exciting. That's something that says as much about Manson as live act as it says about fan's standard expectations.
    Last edited by HerrDoKtor; 01-26-2015 at 04:42 AM. Reason: typo

8. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles better be the next single. Otherwise, MM is st00pid.

Love it.
    I use words sharp as a sword

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by spaceSuicide View Post
    The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles better be the next single. Otherwise, MM is st00pid.

Love it.
    Don't call him that. And why don't you just do your own version on your shitty guitar?

Copy of an Imitation GlitchyFlame's Avatar
    Follow GlitchyFlame On Twitter

Manson's voice now is better than it ever has been. Sure, his breath control isn't the greatest, but you can tell that him losing weight is helping.
    His voice has a more raw grit to it that his twenty-something screech didn't have.

I've whited out my name. Halo Infinity's Avatar

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...-band-20150203

http://loudwire.com/marilyn-manson-u...utiful-people/

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/26-...anson-concert/

As for an actual random Marilyn Manson comment: For anybody that's a fan of Beavis and Butt-head, I'd imagine it would be hard to not be reminded of Cornholio when seeing the TPE acronym.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-06-2015 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I thought of that comment sooner, but forgot to add it here, and didn't want to bump the thread just for it.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

That's so brilliant! I love these 'gangs' Manson is starting to collect on stage for The Beautiful People. I'm sure some will protest about the song choice, but it's The Anthem, and what better way to inject new life into it than by having all these different people performing.

I also like how the three Unlocking The Truth band members have perfected that roaming around the stage walk Manson himself does, just circling the microphone and percussionists. The kid in the grey shirt gives it some attitude as well, I like his vocals at the end.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

I agree that the whole guest vocalist thing is entertaining - the performance with Ninja was great, despite me absolutely loathing Die Antwoord - but I was horrified when I learned Unlocking the Truth were supporting Manson on this tour. I'm not hating on them because they're kids having some measure of success 'before they've earned it' or whatever, but because from their music I've heard, I think they're legitimately terrible and if it wasn't for their age as their gimmick, they'd be completely ignored. As for the walk around the stage, I interpreted it on their part as not being quite sure what it was they were meant to be doing and looking quite out of place to begin with, compared to Manson more nonchalant, swaggering wander.
    Each to their own I guess, but that live guest appearance was one I could have done without.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post