Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mok View Post
    I'm going to assume Manson is a Mystery Skulls fan since they're doing a remix for him and one of the lyrics in I think the song Heaven Upside Down is "I'm not a ghost"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco
    ....WTF.

I know it's simple as hell, but "napalm tree" is cool as fuck.

Also, EMDM, is his 2nd best album.....imo.
    Last edited by Mok; 09-15-2017 at 01:49 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mok View Post
    Also, EMDM, is his 2nd best album.....imo.
    I have EMDM as my 3rd.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

I've whited out my name. Halo Infinity's Avatar

I don't know exactly how to put it right now, but I actually love Heaven Upside Down as an album title. I'm guessing it's because I've experienced and witnessed so many discussions referring to Marilyn Manson and Hell so many times. Not to mention the Hell references in the past on actual lyrics and song titles.

And for quite some time you'd obviously have far more expectations for Marilyn Manson titles mentioning Hell, devils and demons instead.

(Which makes me wonder if I'd probably live to see a Marilyn Manson album title containing the words angel or angels in it, before seeing Hell, devil, devils, demons and demon.)

I know it's also Heaven with a twist, so it brings The High End of Low and Wormboy to mind as well, but being able to discuss Marilyn Manson while having a chance to say Heaven in regards to one of his actual works is still actually kind of cool to me in a way.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

It is a great title.

On the one hand, I actually get Spooky Kids vibes from the title. It's got a kind of fake-childishness to it I associate with the early days of Marilyn Manson. Compare it to something like "Scaredy Cat". "Heaven Upside Down" might be a child's way of discussing 'Hell' in a way that doesn't offend his parents or teachers, talking theology in hushed whispers.

On the other, it also has some pretty deep occultic resonance - "as above, so below", which is about as far from childishness as you can get. So here it takes on an occult childishness, which has connotations eerie in a way Marilyn Manson hasn't been for a long time. It's the kind of thing John Dee might have named an album.

And, of course, it's self-referential in a way Manson occasionally likes to be, in this case hearkening back to The High End Of Low as Halo Infinity mentioned. And it's the really only the second time Manson's done that with a record title - the first being THEOL itself, which, in addition to all its other points of reference, seems to allude to the "high" and "low" of "Heart-Shaped Glasses" on the previous record.

It's really the perfect Marilyn Manson album title.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the Vehmgericht. If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the Vehm.

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I sometimes like to think that people are cheesecakes and that Manson is a crimson drizzle.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    I've whited out my name. Halo Infinity's Avatar

For quite some time, I've imagined a Marilyn Manson box set containing all of the albums from Portrait of an American Family to The Golden Age of Grotesque.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I secretly think Fred is the reason Manson and Twiggy don't appear to be as close or as collaborative anymore. Either something to do with why Fred stopped touring with them or simply the fact that Jeordie and Fred are attached at the hip now.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I secretly think Fred is the reason Manson and Twiggy don't appear to be as close or as collaborative anymore. Either something to do with why Fred stopped touring with them or simply the fact that Jeordie and Fred are attached at the hip now.
    I wonder if Manson talks to Fred (probably not) and what he thinks of him. I’d love to be a fly on many of those walls.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I wonder if Manson talks to Fred (probably not) and what he thinks of him. Id love to be a fly on many of those walls.
    I bet he views Fred as the boyfriend that made him the third wheel lol.

18. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post