Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Black Metal Ist Krieg Lord Hypnos's Avatar

Default Re: Random Manson Comments

Agreed. I personally believe Justice is bullshitting us. From a new album to touring all over the damn country. Even if something comes up and Pogo releases an album, I still wouldn't check it out, for the reasons you stated.
    "The Yesterdays are hailed with open arms.... with open arms..."

Man, I really hope Justice isn't bs'ing. POGO! I agree though about him being an ass and suing Manson..but then again who knows what really happened there. It would be kinda lame if he kept using his stage name, but either way I heavily anticipate his release(?). I guess this makes me an obsessive Manson loony toon...

Alumni

I'd just like to point this out - we do not know if Pogo has a genuine right to be suing Manson so as none of us are privvy to that, how do we know he is being a douchebag - that's between them. As for the name - how can he be riding on the coattails if that is the name he helped come up with and has been known as for all these years - unless Manson says the name is copyrighted and Pogo must relinquish it, he has every right to use it.

I mean, would you say John 5 rides on the coat tails of Manson - he uses the name because it is the name he worked hard to be known as, yes it has Manson connections, but he will always have Manson connections. And he has more than proven that he has gone beyond that.

The one I have the most problem with is Daisy - I hate my time in Manson and want no association, to I'll use the name when I need an extra buck or too.

And as to Justice's promotion - personally I think you'll find there are a few people that are interested in Pogo's solo release so please curb the snide remarks.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5

Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by gofuckoff
    Pogo seems to be a little bit like Daisy in that regards. I see a lawsuit, one where Mr. Putesky is a witness I might add, as something very close to flat out saying you want nothing to do with him.

Regardless of his reasons, suing someone for $20million is pretty much the ultimate fuck you.
    Pogo seems to be trying to prove the existence of contracts that saw equal share, contracts that Manson said are null and void now. So I can understand why Pogo would, in the sense of the case, bring in Scott as Scott was a founder member and would be privvy to contracts drawn up and may even have paperwork that helps.

Saying that Pogo with Manson sued Scott for the Lunchbox and Choklit cows imagery. Also lets not forget Putesky brought an earlier case which he won for non payments.

Saying that I am not on anyone's side here, because we are not privvy to the facts, all I am saying is, it seems unfair to be having a go at Pogo for suing when we do not know if he is in the right - if it were you, and you felt you had lost out on monies owed to you, wouldn;t you try to reclaim them?

I personally find it sad the whole thing happened.

There was a time where, yes, I would have said J5 was riding his coat tails a little bit, I know I only purchased his first solo album due to his MM association. However he has long since proven he's a brilliant musician and has recorded songs that are miles ahead of what he achieved in Manson, and I'm still listening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he left the band on more amicable terms than Pogo didn't he? So it's hardly a fair comparison.
    Leaving on amicable terms is not the issue, Pogo was known under that name and therefore has the right to use that name unless he is asked not to. He has never said he doesn't like Manson, and Manson alluded to the loss of a brother in an interview where he made as much comment as he was able. The point being is, regardless of reasons (and yes John was amicable), Pogo has spent the past twenty years performing under that name, he is known for it and has the right to use it. He has not said at any point that he is ashamed of that time - unlike Berkowitz - and so using the name is not an issue - to me - in fact he seems happy to still be associated with that time, if you look at Faultlines myspace page.

Anyway, this is all going off course - I know where you are coming from, even though I don't agree - mainly because I think it unfair that people have judged his reasons for the lawsuit without knowing if he is in the right - and neither do I, but time will tell. Saying that I was not happy with some of the accusations thrown at Manson - they seemed trivial, tedious and pointless.

Hey I love that Driven interview! I hadn't seen it since it first aired on VH1, way back when music channels cared about music. Kind of sad to see Gidget though.[/quote]

Und im Tode träumen wir Komakino's Avatar

Gidget sued him too and yet he appeared in (s)Aint. Why is Pogo a prick? Almost the entire line-up from when the band started sued him. Maybe, just maybe, Manson could be the prick.

Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino
    Gidget sued him too and yet he appeared in (s)Aint. Why is Pogo a prick? Almost the entire line-up from when the band started sued him. Maybe, just maybe, Manson could be the prick.
    Personally I think it's unfair to call anyone a prick - we don't know any of the reasons, the in's and outs and intricacies.

Excellent points Emma!

Portrait of An American Family came out 15 years ago, today.

Follow absinthe bunny On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino
    I think we shouldn't look at it all black and white, just cause we are Marilyn Manson fans and over the years it became more MM the artist then MM the band, we shouldn't forget Manson isn't a saint himself.
    I think there's a fair chance when he was sued there was a reasonable base for it, but perhaps got out of proportion ($20M) and personal reasons may have trown some extra fuel on the fire (nazi stuff and skeleton of the chinese girl (even though I remember MM mentioning his Hitler coat hanger a few times)).
    And the artists that keep using their MM name: seems people only complain about the ones that left the band in less 'friendly' way. Nobody seems to have a problem with J5 using it. I think it's only normal they use the fame gathered with their stage name to get some attention to their new stuff.
    NEW WEBSITE LAYOUT UPLOADED 22/09/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Zsa Zsa
    Portrait of An American Family came out 15 years ago, today.
    Such a fucking masterpiece. Marilyn Manson's best work.