Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101
Results 1,001 to 1,006 of 1006

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Grotesk Burlesk tour was great!

The transformation that Marilyn Manson was making during The Golden age of Grotesque, Against All Gods Tour, and the aborted Celebritarianism era was beyond exciting.

I'm still frustrated that we never saw the real light of day of the Celebritarianism era. The build up was so exciting. The little snippets that were added to his website, unique shirts, art work, and talks of wanting more of Pogo's contributions.

Now I'm missing all the thought and energy that was once in Marilyn Manson. I'm still a fan, but somethings make you a little disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by grotesquemonkey015 View Post
    Grotesk Burlesk tour was great!

The transformation that Marilyn Manson was making during The Golden age of Grotesque, Against All Gods Tour, and the aborted Celebritarianism era was beyond exciting.

I'm still frustrated that we never saw the real light of day of the Celebritarianism era. The build up was so exciting. The little snippets that were added to his website, unique shirts, art work, and talks of wanting more of Pogo's contributions.

Now I'm missing all the thought and energy that was once in Marilyn Manson. I'm still a fan, but somethings make you a little disappointed.
    My god was it exciting, him going from TGAOG, LWF, And the Celebritarian era within 2 years. I absolutely love the aesthetic of the AAG tour, and the site for the CC era. I read Pogo spent hours and days with like 5 keyboards doing some experimental tracks, some of which featured in the site. I miss Pogo.

Manson has lost that drive to do the things he's done, like the elaborate albums and websites, well thought out ideas and themes for albums; but what's frustrating is that we know he can still do it, he just... doesn't. Sure he does cool shit like the WKWYFL promo, TPE artwork, and the music is still great; but we don't get much theatrics. Not talking just Live Performances, which lately we've gotten a good amount of, but Performance art, bringing a theme or idea to life within his videos, or performances. That's what always set him apart from other musicians in the genre. However, I'm still excited with every new release, as it's always different in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    My god was it exciting, him going from TGAOG, LWF, And the Celebritarian era within 2 years. I absolutely love the aesthetic of the AAG tour, and the site for the CC era. I read Pogo spent hours and days with like 5 keyboards doing some experimental tracks, some of which featured in the site. I miss Pogo.

Manson has lost that drive to do the things he's done, like the elaborate albums and websites, well thought out ideas and themes for albums; but what's frustrating is that we know he can still do it, he just... doesn't. Sure he does cool shit like the WKWYFL promo, TPE artwork, and the music is still great; but we don't get much theatrics. Not talking just Live Performances, which lately we've gotten a good amount of, but Performance art, bringing a theme or idea to life within his videos, or performances. That's what always set him apart from other musicians in the genre. However, I'm still excited with every new release, as it's always different in a way.
    The AAG tour was a brief view of what the fans were set to witness for the CC era. The stage show was quite simple, but the projection screens, wardrobe, and overall atmosphere of that tour were very serious. The set list was often 20 songs per night with no talking, allowing the band to storm through the set. I know a lot of fans were shitting on Mark Chausse since the departure of John 5, but I personally believe that Mark added something special to the band. Personally the AAG tour still is one of my favorite tours from beginning to the end. Manson was focused and knew what he had planned to be released. Also you can’t forget all the merchandise that was released during that tour! All the various colors that the fans could choose from, I still have my black and red AAG tour shirt.

I also miss Pogo in the band, but I must say he has disappointed me greatly with all his unnecessary comments that he post on social media. Some of the things that he posts can make one worry about his mental stability. According to Pogo Manson has tried to reach out to him after the lawsuit and wanted to speak as friends. Which proves how blindsided Manson was with the multi million lawsuit he filed. I just wish we could’ve seen the contributions that Manson wanted Pogo to do during the CC era. Overall Pogo added something very special to the band, and I am unsure if we would ever see that existence in Marilyn Manson ever again. Whether it was Manson, Pogo, Twiggy, or Skold they made a unstoppable trio that stomped on anyone that tried to compete.

I also get frustrated because I know that Manson still has the capability of being the artist that he is. I don’t know why he no longer puts the effort that was once in Marilyn Manson. He is multi-talented and goes beyond than just being a rock n roll singer. He was the ability of incorporating his artwork into his music. The last album that actually felt like an era to me was the release of Born Villain. The built up for that album was very exciting, and it started to feel like a band again. It was nice to see Twiggy, Manson, Fred, and Vrenna all work together. I’m not too fond of Manson just working with one person that is outside of the band, and only having a live band perform the music. I want to see what Paul and Juan can bring to the table.

I really wish Manson would utilize his bandmates also, Juan and Paul are really great in the studio (and live), at least Gil was utilized quite often.

I would say the last MM released that seemed like a real MM release was EMDM, then imagery, themes, aesthetic, etc. All worked amazingly well, especially Live. The Rape of the world tour was probably my favorite, next to the AAG Tour. Speaking of, the AAG tour had an amazing aesthetic to it. Manson dressed in very Victorian era attire, themes of Celebritarianism, The Black Death era, War, etc. The merch, very unique and by far my favorite era of MM merch, and favorite MM era overall, despite being so short lived and never really blossomed into what could have been. I would KILL to year anything they produced in those years, which according to MM, was nearly half an albums worth. I always imagined the CC album to share the same sound as PJ, very electronic/ industrial mixed with some pop elements in there. Sigh. Oh well. I still consider the AAG Tour to be the CC Tour.

As for Pogo, I've definitely lost hope for him. Unfortunately it seems like he's gone crazier than he already was, to the point where it's just unhealthy. Too bad he's really bitter towards anything MM related; which is a shame considering I'm sure he knows that they both created some amazing art together. And.. Pogo introduced MM into Numerology and Alchemy, as well as the Kabbalah.

Has Pogo done anything crazy lately? It used to be a pretty regular occurrence but now nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    Has Pogo done anything crazy lately? It used to be a pretty regular occurrence but now nothing.
    If he has, who cares? What nonsense he says on FB is irrelevant.

-

Unrelated, THEOL is still such an amazing album. 10 years old!