Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,019 of 1019

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by grotesquemonkey015 View Post
    I also miss Pogo in the band, but I must say he has disappointed me greatly with all his unnecessary comments that he post on social media. Some of the things that he posts can make one worry about his mental stability. According to Pogo Manson has tried to reach out to him after the lawsuit and wanted to speak as friends. Which proves how blindsided Manson was with the multi million lawsuit he filed. I just wish we could’ve seen the contributions that Manson wanted Pogo to do during the CC era. Overall Pogo added something very special to the band, and I am unsure if we would ever see that existence in Marilyn Manson ever again. Whether it was Manson, Pogo, Twiggy, or Skold they made a unstoppable trio that stomped on anyone that tried to compete.
    Yeah, I'll keep on saying it whenever it comes up, Pogo did so much for the band and has been unfairly shit on since his departure. Sure, he's a nutcase, and not really a musician in the sense that he had great technical playing ability - despite having a keyboard, he was not a pianist. He was more conceptual, hence a lot of his stuff being simply triggered live, but people shouldn't underestimate the work going on in the studio to create those parts he was triggering. He definitely left a flavour on the albums he played on that hasn't been there since.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

I was at the Manson show last night in Cincinnati (July 13th) and Manson opened his shirt to show what looks like a new tattoo. It is located on his right pec below the M swastika. I haven't been paying super close attention to all things Manson lately like I used to, so please let me know if this is old news.

Unfortunately he just showed it for a second and I couldn't tell what it was. I tried to get a picture later but he never showed it again.

Quote Originally Posted by TH15x15xMYxOMeGA View Post
    I was at the Manson show last night in Cincinnati (July 13th) and Manson opened his shirt to show what looks like a new tattoo. It is located on his right pec below the M swastika. I haven't been paying super close attention to all things Manson lately like I used to, so please let me know if this is old news.

Unfortunately he just showed it for a second and I couldn't tell what it was. I tried to get a picture later but he never showed it again.
    He showed on a magazine cover, forgot which one, that he got 666 tattooed on his chest. I believe it’s on the right side. It’s a recent tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    He showed on a magazine cover, forgot which one, that he got 666 tattooed on his chest. I believe it’s on the right side. It’s a recent tattoo.
    He also has a newer one, that he got just before the tour. A M&G photo posted on IG mentioned that MM showed him his newest tattoo: A spiral, (ala the EMDM heart) on his bellybutton! Read the comments on the first pic, I asked the guy about it...

It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind
    And moved all my things around

Quote Originally Posted by ktpupp View Post
    He also has a newer one, that he got just before the tour. A M&G photo posted on IG mentioned that MM showed him his newest tattoo: A spiral, (ala the EMDM heart) on his bellybutton! Read the comments on the first pic, I asked the guy about it...
    Interesting. I’ve been digging his new tats. Especially the moth one on the upper left side of his chest. Although he’s had that for a little bit now.

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I'm sure that the post is most likely buried by now, but there was a particular YouTube comment about the TVs from I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me) being easily replaced with smartphones, and to a further extent tablets, laptops and PCs, thus making the symbolism/metaphors of the music video being even more relevant than ever, and just simply holding up until today and so forth, along with other factors pertaining to the music video and the actual lyrics of the song.

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I really want to make this a separate post. Anyway, I can't believe that this didn't hit me right away.

Dead to the World perhaps could be a reference to Christians believing in dying to self, and being dead to this world in terms of not being like/of the world, but alive for Christ. It's crazy how it took me this long to see it. Not as in the song as a whole, but just based on how the title was worded.

It's as if it was hiding in plain view for me, and further proof that he clearly came from a Christian background. I don't mean to go on and on about it right now, but ironically, learning more about sin and Hell through the Bible, more specially the King James Version and the Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible with just several verses here and there, and some doctrines and denominations here and there, Catholic or Protestant, even among the Seventh-day Adventist Church, which I came from has somehow helped me gain a clearer understanding and better appreciation/perspective for Marilyn Manson and how and why the lyrics and song titles are the way they are, especially in regards to possible/actual theological references.

This also occurred to me while checking out the actual video too. The Christian protesters definitely wanted and hoped for Marilyn Manson fans and Marilyn Manson to become dead to the world and receive eternal joy and salvation in Heaven, or become damned/doomed to suffer and remain tortured/tormented in Hell for all eternity. In other words, "Turn or burn!" yet again, but with the connection to the overall concept/belief of Christianity's doctrines of dying to self, and to be dead to the world as an ultimate means to not be in/of/like the world, but to find salvation through Jesus Christ in the process.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-20-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: I can only speak for myself, but sometimes learning more about Christianity can help me understand and appreciate MM better.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

While I don't necessarily see the link between Christianity and Dead To The World in the way you do (which is fine, it's still your personal interpretation), I'll admit I hadn't thought of the title being an allegory for Jesus Christ himself before. The obvious pun is on the phrase 'dead to the world', i.e. being in a deep sleep, which I'd always attributed to a drug reference, as well as the more obvious pairing; ...World Tour.

The notion of Jesus Christ quite literally being 'Dead To The World' based on his celebrity as both martyr and murder victim, and this being reflected in the accompanying album's title; Antichrist Superstar - is nothing short of brilliant. An eerie precursor to Holy Wood and its' thematic, also.

The Triptych genuinely was a modern masterpiece.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    The Triptych genuinely was a modern masterpiece.
    Amen!

"Light a candle for the sinners - Set the world on fire"
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."