Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    As with other albums, that's one thing I've always liked about Marilyn Manson. (And Nine Inch NailsI've also figured that's why Minute of Decay is also sometimes great for when I feel jaded and hollow. It's just one of those songs to me.
    I love Mansonís vocals when he sings the chorus to the Minute of Decay for the second time. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Yes, quite a lot. Saturnalia is a lovely homage that fits very closely to it, but still contributes something different in terms of mood, lyrics and music. The world is a better place for having both of them to listen to. There is even a bit at the end there that is lifted directly from Sisters of Mercy to change things up a little. It is no more identical than any other of the many, many, many 'inspired by' versions of songs Manson has done, whether it be Beautiful People, Fight Song, Devour, Disassociative ... the list goes on.

Personally, I am more surprised by how fans (and non fans) are always endlessly 'OMG THIS SONG IS EXACTLY LIKE..' as if he hasn't made a career out of bricolage.
    You call it hommage, another person would call it a direct rip off. Credit needs to be given when it's due. Guarantee you if someone did it to 'him', he'd see them in court.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    You call it hommage, another person would call it a direct rip off. Credit needs to be given when it's due. Guarantee you if someone did it to 'him', he'd see them in court.
    Yeh duh, insert here another explanation of the pointlessness of copyright up until the mid twentieth century. And Saturnalia is still less direct than half a dozen other songs he has written, it is not identical. Hah. Given they are no slouches in the court area, Radiohead should have been having a lot more of a heart attack for the last 20 years than they are. However he/his lawyers appease those who he takes from, it should be bottled.
    Last edited by Enname; 07-28-2018 at 11:36 PM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

As a seasonal clinician part of the DWOD (Doctors Without Degrees) society, I would highly recommend that Manson mix his vodka with grapefruit juice, eat more pastas with lemongrass and rapeseed oils, stock up on products such as Emergen-C, Airborne gummies, as well as take up eating walnuts and blueberries prior to shows along with his ethanol spirit, nerve tonic elixirs.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

As both a Bauhaus and MM fan, I am legit confused why people think "Saturnalia" is a direct rip off of "Bela Lugosi," to the point of suggesting legal action could be taken. Inspired by? Sure. Evocative of? Sure. But play them back to back - they're very different, albeit related, animals.

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightChameleons View Post
    As both a Bauhaus and MM fan, I am legit confused why people think "Saturnalia" is a direct rip off of "Bela Lugosi," to the point of suggesting legal action could be taken. Inspired by? Sure. Evocative of? Sure. But play them back to back - they're very different, albeit related, animals.
    Exactly. Obviously it's inspired by, possibly even a homage, but it has a completely different structure and style. I'd say the only thing that sounds similar is the bassline.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NightChameleons View Post
    ^like

By that definition The Birthday Party's Release the Bats would also run into trouble.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.