Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Ditto. Always loved that line. It has a lot of great lyrics on it tbh. I think what people do is compare it to TPE, which I loved also. I can't find where to rank this album though. Better than TPE? Worse? Idk. But every song on here is great, which is good why it's only 10 tracks, straight to the point.

Also, it's the only Marilyn Manson album that seems to cover his own entire discography sonically, all while keeping it fresh with tracks like Saturnalia and Heaven Upside Down, Threats Of Romance, etc.
    Saturnalia covers his entire career. A rip off. I'm surprised he hasn't been thrown in Lana Del Rey's shoes and gotten sued over it yet.

Honestly, I think it's at the same level of The Pale Emperor. Both albums are definitely redeeming of the bs Jeordie 'wrote' the some albums prior to.

I still wish he did a music video for Cupid Carries A Gun and the video was heavy on Santeria rituals. The drummings, Sacrifices, card readings, etc. If any Santero paid attention to him at that time, they'd of already known he talked shit on their religion so what's displaying it?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    Saturnalia covers his entire career. A rip off. I'm surprised he hasn't been thrown in Lana Del Rey's shoes and gotten sued over it yet.

Honestly, I think it's at the same level of The Pale Emperor. Both albums are definitely redeeming of the bs Jeordie 'wrote' the some albums prior to.

I still wish he did a music video for Cupid Carries A Gun and the video was heavy on Santeria rituals. The drummings, Sacrifices, card readings, etc. If any Santero paid attention to him at that time, they'd of already known he talked shit on their religion so what's displaying it?
    Sorry, without meaning to sound rude, this post is a ramble. Can you clarify your comments...

Who is Manson ripping off? Who would sue him? At what point has he been disparaging of Santeria? Why the parenthesis regarding what Twiggy has written for Manson?

It's the Internet, I might be misinterpreting your words, but I'm interested either way.

Cheers.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Sorry, without meaning to sound rude, this post is a ramble. Can you clarify your comments...

Who is Manson ripping off? Who would sue him? At what point has he been disparaging of Santeria? Why the parenthesis regarding what Twiggy has written for Manson?

It's the Internet, I might be misinterpreting your words, but I'm interested either way.

Cheers.
    Have you never heard Bela lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus? Seriously?

" I don’t know what I was possessed by, maybe it was just me remembering being in New Orleans, which is a place where you realise that there’s not a great difference between when you see personally – which I have – someone in the middle of a fucking swamp doing some sort of strange voodoo hoodoo Santeria type of ritual, cutting off the heads of chicken and pouring blood on you, it’s not that different from some evangelical zealot in a church tent handling a snake and not being afraid of being bitten by it. If you look at them both they’re very similar – if you just look at them objectively – and they both think that the other is different, although I would probably lean towards the Christian element being more against the other one saying that it’s evil, but in a sense it’s all about how you worship and how you figure things out in your life, and for me it’s with music but I wanted to make a record that represented both sides of that coin."

----

http://themusic.com.au/interviews/al...on-steve-bell/

Jeordie is clearly not that well of a writer. Especially when you compare him to others that have worked with Manson.

"Clearly not that well of a writer," lol.

SELF-PWN