Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697

Thread: Random Manson Comments

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

If I ever see Marilyn Manson live again, I hope to see a lot more songs from The Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down played right next to mostly pre-TGAOG songs. I just imagine them going so well with most of those songs. Granted, the same can be still said for the other albums though, but TPE and HUD have been huge favorites of mine as of late.

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar

^ Shangs - Yup, I was 16 when MA came out, and was labeled "Goth" because of my appearance. Manson shirts, no eyebrows and eyeliner lol. And a lot of the people I knew also jumped ship when MA came out, calling Manson a sellout amongst other things.

I felt like the odd man out for STILL being a fan, because people gave me shit for it. But fuck that noise because the day MA came out, not only was I shitting bricks with excitement, but I went home that night, opened up the booklet to read along with the lyrics, and listened to that album for literally 6 hours straight.

It's funny all across America in 1998, Manson caused this great uproar amongst the fanbase. Manson pushing people's buttons, exciting some and pissing off others... Manson 101 =P

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

^^What's funny is that not only Manson causes uproar and controversy among the public, but also within his own fanbase. Kind of a test of the real fans, perhaps. And it was so early in his career too. And only got bigger.
    B e c o m e ē G r o w ē D e s t r o y
    ApP

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

@Shangri-LIE @Unpretty Unsafe - I somehow keep forgetting that such a thing ever happened, but I'm also happy to see that I wasn't the only that noticed. More surprisingly is that I even made a thread about it before in 2013. Thanks for indirectly reminding me.

http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...anical-Animals

I think it's because I often remember fans jumping ship over The Golden Age of Grotesque and/or Eat Me, Drink Me a whole lot more, and I wasn't even an actual fan yet back in 1998. However, it also turns out that there were already divisions among fans since Antichrist Superstar, so no matter what there will always be fans disagreeing and jumping ship. I guess that just simply comes with the territory as a musician.

Aside from that, Mechanical Animals still remains to be my favorite Marilyn Manson album, with Antichrist Superstar still being a close second, followed by Portrait of an American Family, and then Holy Wood and The Golden Age of Grotesque.

Iíve actually started to enjoy the song Birds of Hell Awaiting. I could never tolerate it. So much so that I deleted it off of my phone. I decided to give it a listen one day while driving around and found myself enjoying it.

One of the reasons why I never enjoyed it because itís heavily repetitive and I wasnít a fan of Mansonís excessive wailing throughout the song. Especially towards the song. I know he was trying to emulate the blues yadda yadda yadda but still. Itís back on my phone though.

Love this song. Always forget about it and enjoy it greatly when I hear it again.

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

I started enjoying GodEatGod. Always thought of it as just a opener, but I like it a lot. Especially Count To Six And Die. Such a haunting track with some of his best lyrics.
    B e c o m e ē G r o w ē D e s t r o y
    ApP

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Love this song. Always forget about it and enjoy it greatly when I hear it again.
    One of his best underrated song imo ,i get chills everytime he screams kill near the end
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montrťal