Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Best tour?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • The High End of Low Tour

1 2.70%
  • Rape of the World

7 18.92%
  • Against All Gods

0 0%
  • Grotesk Burlesk

1 2.70%
  • Guns, God and Government

8 21.62%
  • Mechanical Animals

11 29.73%
  • Dead to the World

7 18.92%
  • Smells Like Children

2 5.41%
  • Portrait of an American Family

0 0%
  • Pre-POAAF

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favourite tour

I voted DTTW because the video release has rocked my world consistently since I first saw it at the age of 16. However MA is just godly in terms of aesthetic/theatrics/creativity. Of course pre-ACSS/Spooky Kids stuff must be mentioned for the sheer magic that was the up-close and personal fire that was the beginning of the wonder and revolution that was Marilyn Manson.

As for tours I've seen, the greatest concert experience of my life was during the 2nd leg of Rape of The World, right when Twiggy returned to the band.

Worst tour I've witnessed on film/heard about from friends is undoubtedly Against All Gods. I felt so bad for Manson during that time. I don't know/remember too much about what he was supposedly going through then, but I just remember him being a complete mess and I wished he could have just cancelled that tour and gotten some much needed rest. Worst tour I saw in person was The High End of Low. Manson, a beer bottle, and a bare stage, with none of the fantastic energy I had witnessed only a year prior. I have high hopes for what's to come next. I'm confident he's going to bring it back.
    Cocksuckasaurus.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I opted for "Rape of the World". However I have to say that seeing Manson on two consecutive tours one year apart I'd elect EMDM/ROTW for the most memorable. I'd seen other tours when I was younger, and those rocked. But with the two tours I mentioned I got to meet some cool people like Haz, Fuk Frankie and Sheri to name a few from the forums. I also had the privelage of practically fucking a girl-friend of mine in a mosh pit in Columbus. Those two tours were memorable because they were more intimate, and opportunistic for meeting new people...or fucking them for that matter. It's something I look forward to again come time for the next tour. I think it's always better to attend a show/party before and afterwards with people you've shared a lot of fandom with over the years but never had a chance to actually chill, talk and joke with in a setting like that.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 08-15-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM