Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The TMZ Contest

Stupid Teenage Girl

Default The TMZ Contest

So, some of you may remember TMZ's "Show Us Your Dark Side" contest a while back, where participators were asked to submit their "goth" photos in order to win tickets to a Manson concert on the upcoming tour, a limo ride to and from the event, and an autographed copy of THEOL. You may also recall seeing submissions from a few 'Phant members, including myself. (My submission is the same picture on my Facebook, the "Fallen Angel". You can see the finalists here: http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/01/tmzs-show ... e-final-5/.) Well, I won the contest fairly, but TMZ accused me of voter fraud, and ended the contest early, naming the winner as "Grottesca"; the girl with the contact lense. So she got the prizes, and that's fine; but I still opted to fight with TMZ, because I know that I won. Now, after at least a month of countless phonecalls and emails between myself, my lawyer, and two individuals from TMZ, they have finally admitted that I won the contest fairly.

From their email:
    RE: TMZ WINNER!!!Wednesday, July 8, 2009 12:45 PM
    From: "______________________" <_______________@telepixtv.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "'Sixfold Hell'" <frozen_devotion@yahoo.com>Cc: "__________" <_________@tmz.com>

Natasa,

We received your W-9 this morning. We will forward your information to Marilyn Manson's people who will contact you shortly to set up delivery of your prize package.

Sincerely,

So, to everyone who has stood by me during my battle with these TMZ fuckers, or even just complimented my photo (namely, Oysterboy, Maniac Master, and Tuckerx); I would just like to say thank you for your support. I am so excited--mainly about the signed CD--and will be sure to post pictures as soon as I get the prizes. As for TMZ; this was a very poorly planned contest. I now know that not only are the people over there the most disgusting leeches of society, but they are cheap, cheating bastards as well. Fuck you TMZ, and thank you to the rest of you for inspiring me to fight these corporate motherfuckers. :)

Black Metal Ist Krieg Lord Hypnos's Avatar

Default Re: The TMZ Contest

This is so great! Congratulations! Man, people form our board are famous! You, Oed, 'Fiend ;) Can't wait to see the pic :)
    "The Yesterdays are hailed with open arms.... with open arms..."

Grats to you. :D

Well done Hate Sells !

Congrats! I'm glad you fought it.

MoonChild1929 last.fm twitter tumblr

Stupid Teenage Girl

Thanks, everyone! I thought it was about time that someone called these people on their bullshit, and now I'm really glad I did. :]

Lol, you're right, Synytster Gates...between Oedepus, Mexicanfiend, and I--not to mention Emma for her J5 management, and quite a handful of excellent musicians and artists--we're like fucking Hollywood! :D

...and I'm not just famous; I'm Internet famous. :P

thats awesome, congrats.

ya, some people have no clue how to run a proper contest. im glad it worked out for you and that justice prevailed!

yay, my username was mentioned! :D

congratulations!

Stupid Teenage Girl

Quote Originally Posted by gofuckoff
    I seem to recall the naked guy being one of the phant's many trolls. Thank god he didnt win.
    Yes, he was...I think his name was David something-or-other, but I couldn't say for sure... :\

And yes, I mentioned by name the people who were especially kind and supportive towards me, but thank you to everyone else who voted for me as well, and to all of you for your kind words and congratulations here. :)

...check out what I got in the mail today; a check for $250! :D

Black Metal Ist Krieg Lord Hypnos's Avatar

^Nice! What do you plan on spending with that?
    "The Yesterdays are hailed with open arms.... with open arms..."