Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noises & Samples · The High End of Low

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Noises & Samples · The High End of Low

Has anyone thought about these in any more depth than just taking them at face value with the record? There are obvious noises such as that of the film reel at the beginning of I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies, but there are other more subtle parts, like the spoken word sample (nearly indecipherable) behind Four Rusted Horses, or the "submarine" radar (or perhaps medical equipment) at the close of Pretty As A Swastika.
    Also, the buzz that features both at the beginning of We're From America, and recurring on the official website, it sounds interesting. If you listen to a song called A Stranger from A Perfect Circle's Thirteenth Step, at 2:03 in there is a noise that sounds very similar. I'd be interested to know if that has anything to do with Twiggy's involvement on that record as Jeordie White... If you'd like to listen to the song:-

"the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Original AIDS provider.

I'm not familiar with the Perfect Circle song, so can't be drawing comparisons, but my initial thought on you mentioning it was that it could just be White noise

I've been trying to figure the spoken word samples out. In FRH I can make out (to my ear) "Been stopped by the police I don't know how many times, checking ID's and stuff..." and that's it, I can't get any more. Although we know the story behind it, I'd like to know what is actually said by the girl in WOW. Unfortunately my German is abysmal. Any Germans here able to make it out?

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

It does sound similar.

Cool song too

The one in Four Rusted Horses sounds most interesting to me, should anyone be able to track down the source I'd be very grateful. As The Empirical Guy said, I can make out the 'checking IDs' bit, but on the whole it is very hard to hear, though I shall listen back to it to check the first part you posted.

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I'm always catching that checking IDs and stuff sample in Four Rusted Horses. I wonder if it was intentional, though I'm sure it was.
    I use words sharp as a sword

Every time I listen to We're From America, the beginning reminds me of the beginning of Lagartija Nick by Bauhaus. Sorry I don't have a link to the song, the live versions sound weird and there's no music video.

Original AIDS provider.

That is bullshit. Manson has stated that it is a German girl they met who he, ahem... entertained. Unless someone can prove Lady Gaga can speak fluent German, I doubt it's her.

As for Devour, I think it's pretty obvious, seeing as the final lyric is "make me stop". It caught me off guard first time but it works, and there's no real deep meaning I'm aware of apart from a blatant reflection of the words.

Und im Tode träumen wir Komakino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Samples_in_Marilyn_Manson_songs#The_High_End_of_Lo w
    "The Wow" samples a woman speaking in German, at both the beginning and ending of the song.

* "Du küsst mich und berührst mich," meaning "You kiss me and touch me."
    * "Es fühlt sich gut an," meaning "It feels good."
    * "Es fühlt sich so gut an," meaning "It feels so good."
    * "Ich will einfach mit dir zusammen sein," meaning "I just want to be with you."
    * "und es genießen," meaning "and enjoy it."
    * "Ich mag es, wenn du," meaning "I like it when you."
    * "Sei nicht überrascht, wenn ich dir in die Augen sehen kann," meaning "Don't be surprised, I can look you in the eyes."
    * "Ich mag es, wenn du es mit mir tust," meaning "I like it when you do me."
    * "Ich mag es, bloss nicht aufhörn," meaning "I like it, just do not stop."
    * "Es fühlt sich einfach so gut an," meaning "It just feels so good."
    * "So gut," meaning "So good."

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

I really like the audio sample in 4RH, I have no clue where it comes from though.

Things like that I enjoy, like those audio parts in Holy Wood.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Samples_in_Marilyn_Manson_songs#The_High_End_of_Lo w
    "The Wow" samples a woman speaking in German, at both the beginning and ending of the song.

* "Du küsst mich und berührst mich," meaning "You kiss me and touch me."
    * "Es fühlt sich gut an," meaning "It feels good."
    * "Es fühlt sich so gut an," meaning "It feels so good."
    * "Ich will einfach mit dir zusammen sein," meaning "I just want to be with you."
    * "und es genießen," meaning "and enjoy it."
    * "Ich mag es, wenn du," meaning "I like it when you."
    * "Sei nicht überrascht, wenn ich dir in die Augen sehen kann," meaning "Don't be surprised, I can look you in the eyes."
    * "Ich mag es, wenn du es mit mir tust," meaning "I like it when you do me."
    * "Ich mag es, bloss nicht aufhörn," meaning "I like it, just do not stop."
    * "Es fühlt sich einfach so gut an," meaning "It just feels so good."
    * "So gut," meaning "So good."

Today I found a Rock Hard magazine with a short Manson interview (before his performance at Rock am Ring). I did't buy it, but I remember most of it. I don't think it has been posted here. Well, he was talking about "Wow" in this interview.
    He said that he had sex with an Austrian girl while he was recording "Wow". He told her to describe their sex in her language and recorded what she said. Then he made it "sound like it was happening in another room", because he "didn't want to shock her parents".