Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noises & Samples The High End of Low

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

He got ballsy with their daughter.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I hate to double-post, but it's been a while, and there's something I noticed recently. Listen to Thaeter, then the opening five seconds or so of I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies, you can hear the clicking of a film reel turning on a projector in both. It's fairly obvious in Movies, there's even a film reel on The High End Of Low disc, but I liked the fact it can be heard on The Golden Age Of Grotesque as well. Also, for a song (Movies) discussing acting, and Thaeter regarding the stage, it's not difficult to establish a thematic link between the two.
    The pitch of the sample is slightly different in either song, but I wondered whether or not it was a soundclip, or an actual recording of the projector Manson has set up in his house. Anyway, I hope this is of some interest.
    the LORD god had made
    "

Original AIDS provider.

I'd heard them both before but never really drawn much relevance between the two until you mentioned it's source. Given that we know Manson is fond of having movies playing while he is working, it could be that's it's part of the ambient room noise going on at the time that they decided to capture.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Indeed, there's numerous possibilities. I'm not going to make the suggestion that Thaeter and I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies have any deeper relationship to one another due to this sound, but I do find it interesting to observe that Manson made comments about kidnapping girls surrounding The High End Of Low (which would most logically be a part of Movies), and the full-length version of Thaeter was the score for Doppelherz, in which Manson and his band kidnap the Siamese Twin girls.
    Also, there was a visual parallel made recently by Mary, relating Manson during The High End Of Low with The Lovers by Magritte, you can read it HERE. Doppelherz also has an image that reminds me of both:-

The sheet placed over the girl's head looks similar to Manson beneath the veil. That was also an thematic reprised for Running To The Edge Of The World, which was allegedly originally supposed to be the Movies video (or similar, with Evan playing the Polk role).
    the LORD god had made
    "

Default Samples / Backmasking In Songs

I was feeling nostalgic so I put the album on and was listening with headphones, next thing i know I get to this song and I am hearing some dude talk about checking ID's in the background. What is that? Its around the first chorus about a minute into it.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

It's interesting, but I don't think anyone has ever found the original source of where it comes from.

Hallelujah motherfuckers thatrussianman's Avatar

It alway sounded like a cop to me... I thought it was just something cool that added to the song
    I'm not actually Russian.

I always thought it added to the post-apocalyptic feel of the song that I got. Whether or not it's intentionally supposed to give that vibe is a different story.

Great song though.

I found the source of sound from 2009 site (maybe someone remember it). I've listened all files in hope to find sample from Four Rusted Horses, but no luck.

soundcloud.com/walter-kurtz-2/tcp-d1-01-the-swedish-rhapsody

More from that strange project: http://soundcloud.com/the-conet-proj...-conet-project
    Last edited by TheHighEndOfLow; 03-08-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

I remember a whole download available of those transmission files, the original files not MM.com files. They were used before in 2006 on MM.com and someone tracked them down. I think they were weird broadcasts that have no source and no one knows why they were being broadcast or who they were meant for but people record this stuff.