Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Manson interviews/ quotes. help!

Default Manson interviews/ quotes. help!

Just wondering if anyone has or knows of any specific interviews or quotes where manson talks about unconventional beauty and/or art.

I know I've read some before, and I'm doing my part in searching for them but am currently having no luck and am running short on time!

If anyone was wondering, I just need these as a kind of 'back up' for a concept for an art project, basically just finding similar pre-existing idea's that have inspired me and what I have created. (Although I've kind of done things the wrong way around, completed my practical project first and am now needing to write up massive process diary full of my inspirations, thoughts, idea's, progression etc)

Thought you guys could help me in the manson department, any help would be greatly appreciated! <3

Default Re: Manson interviews/ quotes. help!

I wish we still had access to the Phant's interview archive. I'm digging but not finding much.

Closest thing I can I can find- "I never said to be like me, I say to be like you and make a difference."

MoonChild1929 last.fm twitter tumblr

actually, you could probably find the henry rollins(spelling?) show interview somewhere, either in video or trans-script. he talks about art in that interview, quite a bit. it took place in 2007. gtood luck finding it. :)

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

I have a bunch of old ones.

I have seen the side effects of my thoughts and I have found that there is no cure." - Marilyn Manson

"I am glad you will all be here to join me on this trip to the only society that matters and that is the society of oneself." - Marilyn Manson

"I must advise, that despite the discomfort any creature endures when molting, never hesitate the agony of leaving behind the dead cells." - Marilyn Manson

"I am a fan of the Bible, and I know it better than most Christians do. ... It's not the teachings of Christ or the words of the Bible that I have a problem with. It's exploiting weak-minded people and controlling their lives with guilt and then turning around and blaming it on someone like me." - Marilyn Manson

"There are so many different levels of things you can say to people, and everyone's going to get something really different out of what I say, but the most I can hope for is for people to want to find some sort of truth, to be themselves, and to encourage them to think." - Marilyn Manson

" I fear being like everybody I hate, I fear failure, I fear losing control. I love balancing between chaos and control with everything I do. I always have a fear of going one way or the other, getting lost in something, or losing everything to get lost in... And I fear being a completely acceptable sheep in society." - Marilyn Manson

"I speak in reality. I don't try and hide anything from anybody, and that's the most dangerous thing about our music that parents are so afraid of. It has nothing to do with any violent implications, or the sexual implications, its just the overall picture that I'm speaking of the world I see and not hiding anything from anybody." - Marilyn Manson

"You have something to learn from everybody. It's not to say that you have to like what those people have done, but at least respect them in a strange way because they had the motivation and power to attempt the things they did." - Marilyn Manson

"The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they're supposed to like, what they're supposed to buy, and what they're supposed to laugh at. You have Beavis and Butt - Head telling you what music you're allowed to like and not like, and you've got sitcoms that have canned laughter that lets you know when to laugh if you're too stupid to know when the joke is - people are too lazy and too stupid to think for themselves because America has raised the like that." - Marilyn Manson

"A piece of paper or a piece of cloth doesn't mean anything. It's what you believe.And I want people to think about what they believe.I want them to consider if everything they've been taught, if that's what they want to believe or if that's what they've been told that they have to believe." - Marilyn Manson

"We really represent individuality. Kid's should think for themselves. Not to be like your friends who think they are individuals, but to be like you. Not to be like us, but to be what you are." - Marilyn Manson

"It's when you take away things that kids enjoy is when you cause problems for them, you know, people always think that heavy metal, or rock and roll has always been the source of the problem, but it's when you start to deprive them of that, it's when they start to get bitter." - Marilyn Manson

"I just try to make people think. I don't try to shock them or scare them. I just try and get them to question." - Marilyn Manson

"So anybody with any bit of intelligence has got to be pissed off because if they see how things are in the world, they're not going to be happy with it." - Marilyn Manson

"I just thought that I had all the right questions and no one had the right answers, and I knew that I had the right answers, so I thought it would be much more beneficial for me to be answering the questions instead of asking them." - Marilyn Manson

"I'm everything they're afraid of. Everything they hate. Everything they try and hide, and a lot more besides, I speak my mind and show people what's out there in reality. They're using me as a boogyman, but I'm reflecting it all back like a mirror." - Marilyn Manson

"I think my ideal utopia would be to surround myself with people who are intelligent and responsible for themselves and not what television might want to impress on them. That would be my criteria for intelligence." - Marilyn Manson

"It's really important for me to get across to our fans that whenever I put myself in different circumstances. It is to learn from it so I can relay it to others." - Marilyn Manson

"I think that when you're a lonely person, your imagination is your best friend. - Marilyn Manson

"Probably myself. The fear of losing control of myself. That's probably my biggest fear. I hate weak people. I always try to be in control of my life. I think my biggest fear is being weak." - Marilyn Manson

"I hate sports, in fact I don't even acknowledge they exist." - Marilyn Manson

"I'm most proud of not liking sports. That would be my proudest achievement, because America is so wrapped up in sports and sports figures. But I don't believe in them, and when I see it I just pretend like it doesn't exist." - Marilyn Manson

"I grew up feeling like I could never fit in no matter how hard I tried. One day, I realised that I didn't want to fit in. I could make my own standards and I'd live by them. That's what I try to tell people. Don't be afraid to say what's on your mind, and if it pisses someone off that's too bad. If you make everybody happy, you're an idiot." - Marilyn Manson

"I think anyone who has any sense of open-mindedness can relate to a lot of what I say, because it boils down to isolation and the feeling of not being able to fit in. Some people don't ever deserve to understand, but those people are necessary. Because what Christianity started out as wasn't anything more than what we saw at the show today. It was one person getting up and saying what he felt, and a lot of people going, 'Yeah, I feel that too.' Jesus was the first rock star, the first sex symbol and the first icon." - Marilyn Manson

"I think a lot of people may misunderstand what type of person I might be, I consider myself actually, and this sounds almost funny, a sensitive person. I think that's why I've constructed such a hard shell around myself, because things do affect me a lot and I am pretty fragile on the inside. People think maybe that I hate everything, that there's nothing in the world that I love. But there are things that I care about enough that I would give anything for. I think it's just the fact that I'm hurt by my dissatisfaction with so many things around me. It's like, I guess, just being offended by how much everything sucks, that I can't help but to be in a bad mood all the time." - Marilyn Manson

But whats real? You cant find the truth. You just pick the lie you like best. As long as you know everythings a lie, you cant hurt yourself--Marilyn Manson

You should have to pass an IQ test before you breed. You have to take a driving test to operate vehicles and an SAT test to get into college. So why dont you have to take some sort of test before you give birth to children? When I am President, thats the first rule I will institute--Marilyn Manson

I speak in reality. I dont try to hide anything from anybody, and thats the most dangerous thing about our music that parents are so afraid of-- Marilyn Manson

I fear being like everyone I hate, I fear failure, I fear losing control. I love balancing between chaos and control with everything I do. I always have a fear of going one way or another, getting lost in something, or losing everything to get lost in. And I fear being a completely acceptable sheep in society-- Marilyn Manson

We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.-- Marilyn Manson

Society has traditionally always tried to find scapegoats for its problems. Well here I am -- Marilyn Manson

I like to pose the question to myself: Am I a man who thinks he's an Angel, or an Angel who thinks he's a man?-- Marilyn Manson

I was always trying to do different things to entertain people. And at the same time, I think, I was, whether subconsciously or not, trying to get kicked out of school because I hated it so much.-- Marilyn Manson

It's the whole Nietzche philosophy of you are your own God. That's why I debase myself in the concerts and tell people to spit on me. I'm saying to them 'You are no different from me'. -- Marilyn Manson

The word 'Antichrist' ,to me, is the collective disbelief in god -- Marilyn Manson

We wanted to be more serious...not really darker on this album...and heard in a different direction from already planned. --Ginger Fish

Christianity, like most religions, works with fear. Sins can be confessed and you are "clean again" and can start to sin again without thinking about your old sins. We believe that people should ask themselevs why they sinned. They should show some responsibility. --Twiggy Ramirez

Those who move beyond the albums title and the most blatent aspect of what I do, will then understand what I am trying to say. -- Marilyn Manson

I'm everthing they are afraid of. Everything they hate. Everything they try to hide, and alot more. Besides, I speak speak my mind and show people what's out there in reallity -- Marilyn Manson

And that's the type of thing I'm trying to speak out against the most, religion controlling what we see and what we do in our personal lives, even if you're not a part of that religion. Antichrist Superstar[the album] is a challenge really, to traditional morality and it's...to make people question that and make people think about different perspectives. -- Marilyn Manson

People love to judge, as long as they have somebody else to judge they don't give in and answer with hate would drag me down, it would simply put me into the same position they are, I don't believe that their position is an enviable one! -- Marilyn Manson

They'll see it. And it doesn't matter if they don't. It's only Rock 'n' Roll. But I do intend to move more into the Mainstream. Marilyn Manson is just the First phase. -- Marilyn Manson

The most outragous thing that I could imagine ever doing is putting on a pair of jeans and going to the shopping mall for my lunch -- Marilyn Manson

I never said to be like me, I say to be like you and make a difference -- Marilyn Manson

NO WE ARE NOT DEVIL WORSHIPPERS!!! I've never been and never will be a satan worshipper or someone who worships a devil. -- Marilyn Manson

There is good and evil within all of us, and I enjoy searching to bring that out through my music. I like it that there are questions brought out by my music. People must look inside themselves for the answers -- Marilyn Manson

People alway ask me what advantages fame has started to bring; there are always plenty of free drinks, but other times people wanna put stuff into your drink to kill you off. Their gonna have to try a lot harder if they want to get me. -- Marilyn Manson

What good would Marilyn Manson be if no one hated Marilyn Manson -- Marilyn Manson

It's not like I turn off Marilyn Manson and I'm an everyday guy who goes and has another job and doesn't think about any of this stuff. Marilyn Manson is the most real thing that can come from me. -- Marilyn Manson

The record is about seeing death and growing from it, and in the end, being strong and being alive. -- Marilyn Manson

My desire is to be pure again and not dirtied by the world. But it's my duty to be as ugly and as filthy as I am, so the audience can experience what I have. -- Marilyn Manson

We are a positive band and people aren't use to seeing the extreme negativity that we represent. I hope this record will have a positive effect on people. It's my personal study of looking at life. I came close to death and found my way back again. Our fans will understand. -- Marilyn Manson

A story might sell if there's a headline like 'Marilyn Manson admits to being Satanic', all the little hypocrites will go and buy the magazine, read about what evil, weird people we are and will feel better about themselves. -- Marilyn Manson

So anybody with any bit of intelligence has got to be pissed off because if they see how things are in the world, they're not going to be happy with it. -- Marilyn Manson

People would like to believe that this is the end, but it's only the beginning. Each album will take the message deeper and deeper into the recesses. I live for unpredictability and surprise, and I can assure you that the biggest surprises are still on their way. -- Marilyn Manson

Im not saying that when I perform Im Barry Manilow, but Im also not killing kids and beating up dogs and things like that. -- Marilyn Manson

Art is the free expression of the artist and they tried to stop us from expressing ourselves, our art. -- Marilyn Manson

Antichrist Superstar is also about me wanting to grow up and be something that people would adore...instead I grew up and became something that people hated. -- Marilyn Manson

Image and music always works together for me. I think they're equally important and I've always done things in a way that people remember them by, but I don't set out to just shock people...because that's very easy, a lot of people could do that, I just like to do things the way that makes me happy really. And sometimes that's too much for certain people, but, you know, I try to push the envelope to make the boundaries wider as far as what you can and can't do in music. -- Marilyn Manson

I'm not a believer of the "perfect world" TV tries to feed us. -- Marilyn Manson

Im thankful that I have two middle fingers.....I only wish I had more. -- Marilyn Manson

Theres days when Id love for everybody to realize that things have gone too far, and that we need to be born again so that we can appreciate the little things....then theres other days when I think the world deserves to be destroyed. Why should I help anybody? Everybodys stepped on me my whole life. Ive put on this crown....but Im not sure if I want it. -- Marilyn Manson

Why should we believe in a god, that doesnt believe in us? -- Marilyn Manson

As you keep getting more popular, people are continually wanting more from you and it seems to me that all they want in the end is your death. -- Marilyn Manson

There was a saying that I saw on a packet of sugar and I think anyone can apply it to their life: 'Dont bother telling the truth to a friend because he already knows it, and dont bother telling the truth to an enemy because he wont believe it. -- Marilyn Manson

I pity any one who has to spend the day with me. -- Marilyn Manson

There is a hurricane ablowing and just by knowing what you know, you have an advantage to the blind morons that surround you everyday. However not everyone can be saved. Ancient proverb: don't bother telling the TRUTH to your friend because he already knows and don't bother telling the TRUTH to your enemy because he won't believe you. Civilize those you can and fuck the rest. There are too many people in this world. It is not our responsibility to be constantly cleaning up after the weak-minded. Nature will eventually run its course and those too stupid to live will fortunately be crushed beneath the wheels of our progress. Assume your individuality. Culture can rob you of your uniqueness. That's how stereotypes exist, and not without reason. Anyone too wrapped up in the sheep mentality of their ethnicity can never truely express themselves as individuals. READ, Watch, LISTEN, DO what you want. BUT BE WARNED! You cannot have this freedom at no cost. You must pay in responsibility. If you listen to MARILYN MANSON and MURDER your FAMILY then you will go to jail. That's reality. If you decide to commit suicide for a song-SO LONG SUCKER! That kind of thinking has no place in our movement. Right now as a Family, as an Army we are limited as a minority. Laws bind us. But it is important to remember the law is only what is popular. Not whats right or wrong. Marilyn Manson rejects conventional morality and societys self-serving standards. When WE become the majority, we will decide who doesn't belong. As misanthropes and throw-away lods we will not submit to the mainstream. You will become it. And America should be very, very afraid. I AM YOU. -- Marilyn Manson

I did have a Huggy Beardoll. One of his legs fell off. That empty leg became a place where, when we were doing a lot of drugs on tour at one point, we would store the drugs in his empty leg. That's where the term 'dancing with the one-legged man' on Smells Like Children came from, because whenever anyone was doing drugs we called it the 'dance of the one-legged man.' That became a ritualistic thing that was funny for awhile. -- Marilyn Manson

When people say 'I want to be like you', I tell them if you want to be like me, then be yourself. -- Marilyn Manson

As you keep getting more popular, people are continually wanting more from you and it seems to me that what they want in the end is your death. -- Marilyn Manson

Its like, I guess just being offended by how much everything suck, I cant help but to be in a bad mood all the time. -- Marilyn Manson

The word 'Antichrist' ,to me, is the collective disbelief in god -- Marilyn Manson

A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions. They're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do. Americans talk so much about being individualistic, but they don't want you to be an individual because if you think for yourself then you're not going to be a part of any trend that they want you to be a part of. They don't want you to think for yourself. They tell you they do so that you're happy and you're stupid and you're sheep. Anybody intelligent enough to realize what America is, is not going to sit around and do nothing about it. They're going to be the same way that I am. They're going to be the same way our fans are. They're going to be pissed. These people are artists. These people are musicians. They're taking it out and trying to express it that way. The rest of the world, who are just willing to accept it, are gonna be doing their everyday jobs, and they're going to be trapped in a rut, and they're never gonna see it until the day they die, and they're gonna be disappointed when they don't go to heaven anyway 'cause they were too stupid to realize that it's not going to happen. -- Marilyn Manson

Kids need to start thinking for themselves. Not to be like their friends that think they're individuals. I don't want you to be like us, I want you to be like you -- Marilyn Manson

There's days when I'd love everybody to relize that things have gone too far, and we need to be born again...but there are other days when I think the world deserves to be destroyed. Why should I help anybody? Everybody's stepped on me my whole life. -- Marilyn Manson

Its these sick things that they have been making up in their own heads. I didn't tell them these lies. So who is really the sick person? -- Marilyn Manson

We're just helping out the Christians by bringing about the apocalypse. They can all go to heaven -- Madonna Wayne Gacy

I think those boys are the work of the devil. I think someone is pulling their strings...yes, I'm very afraid of those boys. -- Marilyn Manson referring to Hanson

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

I was never afriad of what was under the bed. I wanted it but never got it. I became it. -- Marilyn Manson

We are against the beauty and fashion fascist regime that gets hyped in America and all over the world. "The Beautiful People" is NOT against people who style themselves in whichever way. --Twiggy Ramirez

Marilyn is real. I wake up and I am Marilyn. -- Marilyn Manson

I do feel the Cassandra Complex , where you know the future, but can't change it. I really want for things to be better, then I get depressed and pissed off and think. Fuck it, why bother? That's where Antichrist Superstar comes from. I expect to see some changes in Society from what I do, and I won't stop till I see a change. -- Marilyn Manson

Good and evil go hand in hand, you can't seperate them. -- Marilyn Manson

I read all the great philosophers but most people just hear what they want to hear and it makes it easy for them to brand us devil worshippers. --Marilyn Manson

Thinking for yourself - that's scarier than any devil image. -- Marilyn Manson

For me it's very important to express my thoughts, the pictures I carry inside of me, maybe because it's important to get them out... -- Marilyn Manson

You can't force someone to see the truth, just like you can't force a blind man to see. -- Marilyn Manson

I want to be a reason for them to take some time off and start to think. -- Marilyn Manson

I have something that makes me happy on some level and this is a good way for me to deal with the torment of that teenage life gave me--Marilyn Manson

Its my Duty to be as ugly and as filthy as I am, so the audience can experience what I have--Marilyn Manson

Its hard for me to accept any kind of role as a sex symbol when I am onstage, so I try to make myself more unattractive just to see what peopleís reaction will beóMarilyn Manson

Mechanical Animals for me documents the repair of my emotions, the repair of my soul, and this record does deal with God in a different way. It deals with me finding God in art, and in music. I think there's more spirituality in art than you could find in a church--Marilyn Manson

If I believed in an outside force that we wanted to call God - and I believe that there is one. I think God would appreciate what I say, because I can't see God wanting to create a world full of idiots--Marilyn Manson

If God does exist, it's in music and in art, I think there's more spiritually in what I do than in a lot of religious groups judging, especially in the way they've treated me in the past couple of years. I've grown tired of talking about religion. It's time for me to move on. I'm trying to redefine the idea of spirituality and make it now such a bad word for myself, because I find that I sound really stupid saying it sometimes --Marilyn Manson

I believe nothing happens by accident. My fame has happened for a reason. My fans are my kindred spirits in revolution. If anyone chooses to ignore the message or the messenger, they do so at their own risk. Believe it or not, there are many more people out there that understand what I am trying to do than society wants to admit. The way I live my life represents a much bigger part of America than anyone would care to imagine ñMarilyn Manson

There are definitely Dark Forces out there that none of us fully understand. People fear what they don't understand, and lash out against it --Marilyn Manson

There's a lot of great stories and a lot of great values in the Holy Bible, and I actually relate to a lot of them. The character, the idea, or the part of my personality that I describe as Antichrist Superstar, is a lot like Lucifer in the Bible. Someone who was kicked out of heaven because he wanted to be God ñ Marilyn Manson

There's a lot of talk in some of the other versions of the Bible, the Hebrew versions, and things about the end of the world not being a punishment from God, but being an invitation from mankind. That mankind has to invite its own destruction. And I think that's very true, and it's almost very American. I think that's the type of society we're in and it's people's very fear of the Antichrist that has created it -- Marilyn Manson

Man is still at the learning stage, and mankind is so arrogant to think that he's the highest form of evolution on earth. There's so much of the brain that we still don't use, and that's all I ever try to do - go to the next level -- Marilyn Manson

It happens every millennium. Now more than ever, man threatens to destroy himself with his own technology, and all the ideas contained within Big Brother exist within Little Brother. We're all watching ourselves. We are our own oppressors. This is a time when an idea like God is needed more than ever. For me, I've found that God exists within yourself and what you create. The only thing we've got to look forward to is saving ourselves -- Marilyn Manson

The 15 that I also refer to has several different importances. I've noticed that a lot of you have been coming up with your theories, and most of them are correct. And I think the more that you look, the more you'll discover. Fifteen is Biblical. Fifteen is numerological. Fifteen does correspond to the album's release date. Fifteen does correspond to the number six. Fifteen does correspond to my birthdate. Fifteen does correspond to half of my age this January fifth, which is also one-five. There are a lot of very important numbers that help fulfill the prophesy that I kind of created for myself on Antichrist Superstar. Hopefully, that answers that question for you --Marilyn Manson

Things like, people saying the new album would debut at number one on the Billboard Charts in the U.S. and I said, "No it's gonna be number Three." Because Number 3 is a very powerful number on the album. It's repeated quite often. Then it did chart an Number 3. Was it a coincidence you decide. If your in touch with your subconscious, you can really use it to your advantage --Marilyn Manson

He's just simply John5 because he's the fifth person that we've hired. In the future, everyone will have numbers instead of names --Marilyn Manson

My fans make me feel as young as they are. We share the same spirit and I share their outlook on life --Marilyn Manson

If anybody wants to be a rock star they've gotta try hard enough. They're not gonna get it handed to them--Marilyn Manson

I think there's a danger with any great art, that if you begin to test your ideas on other people, and get their opinions before making decisions, or if you pay too much attention to what other people say about what you create, that it really pollutes your expression. I think that I'm much more about pure art and honesty and expressing exactly what I feel, and not caring so much what anyone says. However, I do respect, and I do pay attention to everyone's comments. And I do take them into consideration. But I don't base my decisions by it--Marilyn Manson

The Internet is a very powerful tool, but right now it's being handled by a lot of fools. And I think us together, Marilyn Manson as a whole, what we all stand for, should be the biggest spider on the web. I think that it will become our web. Not something that uses us, but something that we will control--Marilyn Manson

I don't think we should ever regret anything we do. I think we have to accept the consequences and you learn from your mistakes, and that's how you grow as a person --Marilyn Manson

My dream of an apocalypse that was the Antichrist Superstar has unfolded. I could see that they only looked and acted like humans, but they had lost their souls, they were Mechanical Animals --Marilyn Manson

In the world that I envision, Marilyn Manson isn't necessary. But thats not the world we live in--Marilyn Manson

"That's the ironic part. Everyone who wants to attack me is trying to say they're defending young people and trying to save their morals and things like that, but I think artists and people like myself, especially in music, are the only thing being directed to those people. So that's what's most ironic: I think I have more empathy for kids than the people who are supposedly trying to protect them."

Is there a positive message in your music?

"Absolutely. There is a message of rebirth and transformation, and rather than trying to fit into other people's standards, creating your Own."

"My father and I both have some sort of heart disorder, a heart murmur. I was really sick when I was a kid. I had pneumonia four or five times and was always in the hospital, always underweight, scrawny, primed for a beating."

"The jocks loved to beat the shit out of me. I didn't have a clique to fit into. That's probably why I relate to my fans so much."

"I tell them (the fans) to find themselves, do what they want and do it their way. Find their own identity and don't follow a fashion regime. Individuality is the keyword. We are all individuals and I don't want people to copy us. I'd be insulted if I'd see my own copies and our fans understand."

"I refuse to vote, because if I have to align myself with any party, I'd come closest to a Libertarian, but I don't think I can call myself anything. Once again, it's just another campaign for
    selling fear. That's the way it's always been"

Did you catch yourself on South Park?

"I was wondering when I was going to be on there! Damn those guys! Those guys are funny."

"Doing interviews is just as important as writing a song. A lot of people just don't take things like that as seriously, but in the end it has to be. I'm doing a lot more press now, but after writing a book I got really tired of doing interviews because I got tired of being asked the same questions. I've just had a better attitude towards everything. I guess I'm still very negative and very disappointed in everything-I'm diagnosed as chronically disappointed. It's my ailment. I really appreciate where I'm at, and I don't take it for granted. I appreciate the fact that the band has so many fans, that enough people care enough to listen to what the fuck we have to say."

Do you see your self as a communicator: a communicator at least of ideas?

"That what all art comes down to. That's the irony that always pisses me off most about people who try to blame entertainment for the problems of the world. I see them as people who are destroying things, they're sitting back saying can't watch this, stop this, censor this, take this away. But artists are creating things, putting things into the world, telling people what you think. So I think ultimately it doesn't matter what any artist is saying, even if you don't like what they're saying, the fact that they are saying something is positive and should be respected"

Do you think there almost more to it, that the fans admire the voice of somebody saying you have the right to be an individual and think like an individual? "It not something new but its something essential and people often take it for granted... I'm just trying to continue that sentiment, because when I was growing up I needed to hear that, and I need to say it now, not just don't I want people to hear it but I want to say it just to reaffirm it to myself".

Were you a strange kid? "No, I just think I was left to myself a lot so I had to resort to my imagination more".

Do you think that is good for kids to do?
    "Yes, because the more man creates machines to replace humans, the more humans act like machines. So, I think if people rely on their imagination it is the only thing that separates us from being more and more creations of technology."

For some Americans you are the symbol for a national meltdown. Why do you feel good in that role?

"Because it doesn't hurt me... I'm at the point now where nothing can hurt me. The people can hate me when they want to hate me, it just don't touch me. I don't sit every night in my room and say "Oh what must I do? Everyone hates me, Oh god!" It is okay when I am still the "Bad Guy". They are my favourite characters in literature or films."

The joys of Christianity?
    "It's a lie buying a false sense of security on Sunday afternoon. Christ is a kind of insurance policy for the unknown. That's really the only reason I think people go to God is that they're afraid to die and they're afraid of what's going to happen. "

"Is there anything darker than some of the stories that are in the bible? Is there an image that is more sexual and violent than the crucifixion of Christ? You've got a bleeding, half-naked, dying man, who in essence has, in one way or another, commited suicide, martyred himself""

Aren't you worried about death threats?</BLOCKQUOTE>

"I think the people round me take them more
    <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">seriously than I do. I understand the danger. On tour it made each show more fun to play... as if it was going to be my last. The thing that happened to Larry Flynt, that I guess was a fanatic. There's always going to be some risk but I guess that's what makes it worthwhile. I'm at least saying something that people care enough to listen to. If certain people hate it then I know it's important."

"Right-wing Christians tend to bring the most death threats.... I'm going to do what I'm going to do and I'm not going to stop unless someone really stops me."

"I found the best crowds we've had were in Salt Lake City, Oklahoma City - all these places where there was much resistance against us playing. The audiences were great. It was so worthwhile to go there. It was like missionary work. I've always compared what we do to Christianity, in its own way."

"I don't go around burning down churches or protesting Sunday school or kicking nuns in the kneecaps. I just want to speak my piece. And me getting up on a stage in front of a lot of people and them paying money to hear what I have to say is no different than what happens on Sunday afternoon in any church."

"It seems like something I've heard so much about I wish they would just get it over with. Just kill (Saddam Hussein) him or get him a job a Mc Donald's."

"I saw Cradle Of Filth at one point in the year, and I was entertained by the sheer nonsense of it all. I couldn't understand what was going on with the music, because it sounded like The Adams Family playing death metal. But in that sense, it had it's own coolness to it."

"I completely hate the abuse of drugs. I have no problem with people using drugs and doing whatever they like to do but when they start abusing them, that's when there's a problem."

"I feel that, a lot of times, the people that listen to the music and support me are an extended family. I have a lot of fun meeting and talking with the fans, and I do find myself being sort of a father figure at times."

"I absolutely did not deserve to have a record deal, the way that I sounded. It's just practice over the years. I was always afraid to take lessons, because I thought that they would unlearn the rawness,
    the characteristics that made it likeable. I think that I've kind of come into my own"

"There's a real fine line between entertainers and mass murderers. America has created an environment through the media where people know they can get their picture on the cover of Time or Newsweek by doing something outrageous, either as an artist or by hurting someone. They will always put the killer on the cover before they put the victim, because it's more dramatic for them to
    help sell fear."

"I usually just give back to people what they give to me if someone is nice to me, then I'm nice to them. If they are an asshole to me, I'm an asshole to them."*

OK, what shocks you?
    "I'm sitting in a bathtub and someone throws a hairdryer in, that will shock me."

What is Man's greatest flaw?
    "His inability to acknowledge and control his animal instincts."

"I couldn't possibly like only white people. I judge people on their intelligence and on their personality. I think the only thing that counts in the world is what you can contribute to society."

"Europeans look at America the way I do, they see it for what it is, Americans don't want to see it for what it is"

"Americans talk so much about being individualistic, but they don't want you to be an individual because if you think for yourself then you're not going to be a part of any trend that they want you to be a part of. They don't want you to think for yourself. They tell you they do so that you're happy and you're stupid and you're a sheep."

"They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they're supposed to like, what they're supposed to buy, and what they're supposed to laugh at... , And you've got sitcoms that have canned laughter that lets you know when to laugh if you're too stupid to know when the joke is people are too l azy and too stupid to think for themselves because America has raised them like that."

"Anybody intelligent enough to realise what America is, is not
    Going to sit around and do nothing about it. They're going to
    Be the same way that I am. They're going to be the someway our
    fans are. They're going to be pissed."

"It's displeasing for the president to decry violence in America while at the same time he's sending bombs overseas to kill other people. Those are the kind of ironies that pissed me off while making this (Holy Wood) record."

"Right here religion is more a hat that people put on when Its convenient if they're trying to make money or to make themselves feel as though they have something worthwhile in their life. I don't think people are really Spiritual in America, I think very few people here even have a spirit. It's a lot different in Europe; people have a greater appreciation and understanding of music and art and want to discover and find meaning behind it. Here people would rather sensationalise ."

"(The Jerry Springer Show) shows how low we Americans have sunk. It's now evolved to the point where they should give people handguns and let them go on there and shoot each other. I think that would be very American."

"A lot of bands don't appreciate Europe, they think it's a pain in the ass, but I like coming here. I'm more and more tempted to move here. I don't know where yet because I haven't seen all of it, but it's a possibility."

"It (Europe) enabled me to open my mind. I also learned that where ever you go there is always a McDonalds."

"I grew up feeling like I could never fit in no matter how hard I tried. One day, I realised that I didn't want to fit in. I could make my own standards and I'd live by them. Don't be afraid to say what's on your mind, and if it pisses someone off that's too bad. If you make everybody happy, you're an idiot."

"So many people are afraid to enjoy life, they're too worried about thriving off their own suffering. They love to live in fear, whether its going to hell, the end of the world, Aids, crime, whatever it's got to be, people love to be afraid. That's why they love to watch the news, they love to look at car crashes... "

"Everything I possess is about appreciating life and not wasting it."

"I don't think we should ever regret anything we do I think we have to accept the consequences and you learn from your mistakes, and that's how you grow as a person."

"I can be very pissed off, and turn that off in a minute and be in a good mood again. I guess I'm just very sensitive to what goes on around me. People expect me to be insensitive because of (what they see as) my extreme behaviour, but it's really a reflection of how sensitive I am. If I wassn't so sensitive, I wouldn't be so pissed off and feel so strong about things."

"I've found fantasy television shows to be a greater escape. Tha's why I think children are innately magic, because they realise the power of their minds and haven't been de-purified by television."

"Because childhood is a magical time when kids believe things, and if you believe something it will come true for you. That's the thing, adults they get very depressed, so jaded because everything is so horrible that they stop believing in dreams and they're so busy trying to make money and pretend to live, but nobody really gets to enjoy themselves."

It is amazing the things that you can get away with when something looks wrong with one of your eyes, you have bedly applied makeup, you're six foot three and you're accompanied by some weirdo with the front of his head shaved who looks like a cross between Gregory Hines and a Klingon on crack undergoing radiation therapy.If you're reading this Twiggy, I'm sorry. Taken from MM Bio

"When you're taught to love everybody, to love your enemy, what value does that place on love?"

"You need balance, it can't be all love - love - love ... And it can't be all hate - hate - hate..."

"They need to let that out. Political correctness has really suppressed hated. Which in a sence is good. I've got no problem with that, I don't want everyone going around killing each other. That's not my message. But there's no reason to be ashamed to express a natural human feeling, which is hatred."

"But you know that song 'Irresponsible Hate Anthem' that chant [we love hate, we hate love] introduced was a mockery of what peoplethink of me and what people think of my fans."

"If you're so consumed by hatred for someone, you might as well be loving them, because you're thinking about them for the same amount of time."

"Once you start being controlled by your own personal feelings, that's when you could become an evil person. But I've tried my hardest to stay true to what I think. I mean, when I was growing up I didn't like my dad and he was a furniture salesman, but I don't want to go out and kill all furniture salesmen. I just want to be a better person, and I want other people to be better people. I want people to be strong; I'm sick of living with weak people."

Twiggy Ramitez: "Marilyn Manson himself was a journalist but I think he just got fed up with all the crap people fed him and listening to the same shit over and over that he decided to do the talking."

Does Brian Warner still exist today?
    "Definitely! I personifize Marilyn Manson, but I never lost my real personality."

"I've always kind of gravitated towards things people don't like. I want to find out why they don't like them, because I know people don't like me and that doesn't mean that I'm a bad person. It's all according to your perspective."

How well do you like yourself? "I like myself fine half the time. When I don't like myself, it's pretty evident from my behaviour"

"I have a fear of crowded rooms. I don't Like being around a lot of people, but I feel very comfortable on stage in front of thousands of people. I think it's a way of dealing with that."

"I am very shy, strangely enough, and that's the irony of being an exhibitionist, being up in front of people. I'm really very shy."

"(Overactive mind)It leave me sleepless a lot of times 'cause I cant stop thinking - I have really vivid dreams (as well)...

And do the dreams recur? Are there themes? "The one recurring dream I have always had is trying to get out of my basement (bedroom). I grew up in as a child... I'm not real sure what that means… "Actually there's another one I have but I think its one that a lot of people have which is of your teeth falling out in your dreams which means you have some unfinished business or problems in your life, some kind of situation you need to deal with that's troubling you and whenever there's a lot of things closing in on me I have that dream too..."

I haven't read your autobiography but how was it to write that?
    "It was hard to examine my whole life but it helped me complete that transformation that I set out to do. So, it was well worth it."

"I also feel transformation happens on a daily basis, and on a life time scale, it still hasn't completed itself yet."

"For a long time, I never saw myself getting to this point. I never looked beyond this because I thought I was either going to destroy myself or someone was going to kill me in the process. So in some ways I have beaten the dream. And it is scary. It is like starting over, but that's good because that's what I needed. I've gone back in time in a way, but now I have more ammunition, more knowledge to face the world."

"As a child I was afraid of being possessed by the Devil, as an adult I am afraid of being possessed by the world, being possessed by ignorance, and not staying true to my beliefs and what I feel strongly about"

"Thinking for yourself - that's scarier than any devil image."

"I'm just trying to keep my mind open. I don't ever try and paint myself in to a corner. I feel like if you're open to new ideas, that puts you in a position for rebirth, resurrecting. That's what keeps you moving."

"Sometimes I have to be around people. Other times I can't be around anybody. It's different every day. It's never the same."

"I think it is very lonely a lot of times of my life. I spend a lot of time alone, even when I'm surrounded by a lot of people "

"Strangely, although music is something to listen to. I think music listens back because there's no judgements. A kid can find something he identifies with. Or an adult. Here's a place you can go to where there's no judgement."

"For some it's just entertainment, and maybe for a lot of others it's more than that. It's been said many times that I attract a lot of disturbed fans. Well, I'll keep out of that argument. At least they know they're not alone."

"I try my hardest to ensure people realise history and appreciate art. That's why I'm the first, through my web site or interviews, to talk about my influences within literature, film or music because everything is disposable now. A kid might hear some new song that has a sample in it and they don't even know its origin.. And the song that it came from has lost its value. So it's important that we kind of hold on to history in that sense - more in America than in other countries."

"[In The Shining] The old lady gets up out of the bath and scares the fuck out of Jack Nicholson. It's one of the few horror movies secenes that still manages to frighten. 'The Shining' is a classic film - it's not related to cheap special effects or any knee - jerk scare tactics. It's psychological horror, so it's definitely more of a classic compared to a lot of newer films that utilise shock value."

"(Oscar Wilde's) got the sharpest, most bitter wit of anyone that I've ever read and I think I have a similar dry sense of humour. He knew how to push the envelope and he was damn funny too - I've always been inspired by his writing, particularly on the last album. Do I have any particular favourite work? No, I like little aphorisms, his little one liners."

"(Nietzsche) The one true voice of individuality. He's been misinterpreted because sometimes you can overlook the simple philosophies that he had, yet I still think that there's a lot to be learned from his writing. To blame Nietzsche for what happened in W.W.II (when Hitler twisted Nietzsche's theories for his own needs) is like blaming the Bible for the Crusades."

"I'm such a fan of Terry Gillian (Monty Python animator / film director) he has this ability to create other worlds that aren't in the past or the future."

"It's a character that I've always identified with... If I could be anyone other character I would love to be Willy Wonka" "He's the most enigmatic character in a children's film. He was both Christ and Satan."
    ".. he presents people with the temptation of picking good and evil, and they all pick evil. It's such a powerful statement to put into a children's film. The chocolate's a metaphor for sin. He's always tempting them with that and they always pick the bad thing. That just shows you man's nature. Charlie and his grandfather redeem themselves. Charlie wasn't giving up the Gobstopper so that he would win the chocolate factory, he was giving it up because he thought it was the right thing to do. He did a good deed that didn't revolve around his own greed. He actually did an honest deed, which is a rare thing. It had a beautiful message."

"I have a personal fascination with transvestites, men who look like women. But I have nofelling of excitement from hairy chested men, unfortunately."

"Music is defined by a melody and by lyrics. Most contemporary rap, by contrast, is base, simple, lowest-common-denominator noise that consists of people spending three and a half minutes bragging about how much money they don't really have, and about how many cars they don't really have the money to buy, and how many bitches and ho's they've been slapping around, to a drum-machine beat. It's not really advancing any sort of art form."

"The other thing that I have to say about music right now is that faux angst has really become a product, I don't want to name anyone specifically, but the record industry is full of people pretending to be mad about something - there's a lot of pretence. I think if you're doing something that genuinely captures an emotion its not a career."

"Music and entertainment have risen to an all time low... Or rather fallen to an all time low."

"My first actual performance on stage was playing Jesus in a school play when I was six or seven. I wore a towel around my waist, but I wasn't wearing any underwear because I didn't know any better. Some big kids whipped off my towel - one of those classic nightmares you have of being trapped naked in front of all your classmates."

"All through my early years, my father kept telling me he would hire a prostitute for me to lose my virginity to on my 16th birthday. I was really scared at that prospect because I was scared of prostitutes, and so I tried my hardest to lose my virginity before I reached 16. I managed it just before I reached 16, and when I told my father it was too late for a prostitute to take my virginity I think he was a little disappointed knowing my father, I think he was serious about that idea."

"It was kinda quick and ugly, and the girl wasn't very pretty, so it wasn't a momentous experience. I took this girl out to this deserted park one night and we lay down on the grass on the baseball ground and did it, I think that experience is part of the reason I don't like sport."

"I've never lived in a house before. I grew up in a duplex. I lived in apartments all my life with my parents -- we couldn't afford a house. So I feel fortunate that I've gotten to the point in my life where I can actually have a house, and I don't leave it very much."

"I tried to swim when I was a kid, but I could never deal with the water in my nose. I have a fear of water. I don't like the ocean. There's something too infinite about it that I find it dangerous."

"I think it's funny when someone famous will try and get backstage to see you using their fame to get to you. It's always enjoyable for me to turn them down because I'm just not interested."

You're one of the popular guys now?
    "Well, I got stuck being one of the popular guys, but I'm still a geek".

What's glamour to you? "Having all your teeth."

"I don't believe in cigarettes, in fact when people smoke, I can't hear what they're saying. I've fine tuned myself to shut out the words of smokers. So I miss out on a lot of good conversations."* 'It's probably because my father smoked so much when I was a kid and it represented a very adult thing. Same with coffee."

"I love it over there (Japan). Nobody has to dye their hair black!"

"I started reading more about symbolism -- Jung and people like that -- and how symbols are all around us, and if you recognise them, you see the path."

"If you look for coincidences, you'll start realising that there are no such things as coincidences. That everything has a purpose."

"Anthony Kieds (Red hot Chilly Peppers) I often interviewed him (when Marilyn was a journalist) and he was a big asshole. And he is still an asshole."

"Today I'm still something like a journalist. I look at the world and tell the people what I see. It's not the same but has the same roots."</BLOCKQUOTE>}

Black Metal Ist Krieg Lord Hypnos's Avatar

^HOLY FUCK.

I enjoyed reading all that, thanks :)
    "The Yesterdays are hailed with open arms.... with open arms..."

No problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, especially prescribeddrone. (:

WOW *reading now*

Glad to help :)