Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The President of Whatever - beep beep beep

Default Re: The President of Whatever - beep beep beep

In the interview Manson himself mentions the fact that it is illegal to threaten the president of the US. The way he phrases the whole thing makes it seem- to me, like the line was added to weasel through a technicality. That's me though. In any case a sig was requested of me to illustrate this concept:

[center:1cklemor][/center:1cklemor]

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

^ That's cool how they all go into each other.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 21Faces
    In the interview Manson himself mentions the fact that it is illegal to threaten the president of the US. The way he phrases the whole thing makes it seem- to me, like the line was added to weasel through a technicality. That's me though. In any case a sig was requested of me to illustrate this concept:

[center:3n6mqtt7][/center:3n6mqtt7]
    Thanks for that again by the way.

I think that this song sort of holds hands with Target Audience in the sense that it is one of his most sardonic tracks.

"If it's too dumb to see or say, you still sing it and I'll just cue the applause"

"I see all the young believers, your target audience. I see all the old deceivers, we all just sing their song".

That's the parallel that I drew anyway.

I don't think Manson was suggesting that anyone shoot anyone. I think that he was making the statement that because he is a symbol that is seen as corrupt or a-moral to the psuedo moralitys of mainstream America, many other nations, organizations, the unfair and unbalanced media ect...that he is always going to get the blame. It's easier to blame him than themselves because he represents something that reflects their ugly underbellies that they can't take responsibility for.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I'd like to add a little thought to this discussion, because I think is important, and not many ones had pay attention to it:

Isn't it true that some people in the US refer to money as "president dead"? I'm under the impression that such phrase is a common slang in circles like hip hop culture followers and such so, wouldn't that take this whole thing to a new -and ironic- level?

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend
    I'd like to add a little thought to this discussion, because I think is important, and not many ones had pay attention to it:

Isn't it true that some people in the US refer to money as "president dead"? I'm under the impression that such phrase is a common slang in circles like hip hop culture followers and such so, wouldn't that take this whole thing to a new -and ironic- level?
    That's an interesting observation. It is ironic. But I'll have to think about that coincidence when I don't have a migraine.

I think that Manson is right when he says that the dollar sign is the new swazstika. I think that the Cross, which he referred to as being one of the best selling peices of merchandice in history, the Nazis use of the Swaztika as a symbol of tyrrany where an entire mostly empoverished race of people were slaughtered, and money which is used to segregate and identify human rights all ties into one another.

Edit - When he says President of whatever, he could also be alluring to presidents of banks, or corporatons...or dare I say record labels. I won't quote him directly, but TJ from the Phant mentioned in one of his AmazingAthiest videos that If someone starting picking these fuckers off, they might start think of the public they are royally fucking up the ass. It wasn't word for word or even slightly accurate. But it was something to that effect.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nursing Home
    Well which President do you think he was talking about then? The fucking President of France?

Yes Manson voted Obama and yes he also alluded to shooting Obama. Because he is Manson.
    No shit, Sherlock. Have a brownie for being such a fucking genius.

Away from Mr/Ms Einstein here, I don't think the line had anything to do with the U.S. just a statement of anti-authority, rebellion, w/e. Shoot up the mall, the school, the president of w/e, or whoever wants to fight. Just fuck it.

It's mindless, apathetic. MM's tellin' the kiddies to do whatever, he doesn't care anymore, especially if they are holding blank and white picket signs/songs/MySpace Blogs OMG!/etc

[quote=Justin Fenrir]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Nursing Home":2gkb1urk
    Well which President do you think he was talking about then? The fucking President of France?

Yes Manson voted Obama and yes he also alluded to shooting Obama. Because he is Manson.
    No shit, Sherlock. Have a brownie for being such a fucking genius.

Away from Mr/Ms Einstein here, I don't think the line had anything to do with the U.S. just a statement of anti-authority, rebellion, w/e. Shoot up the mall, the school, the president of w/e, or whoever wants to fight. Just fuck it.

It's mindless, apathetic. MM's tellin' the kiddies to do whatever, he doesn't care anymore, especially if they are holding blank and white picket signs/songs/MySpace Blogs OMG!/etc[/quote:2gkb1urk]
    I agree he was probably going for "as mindless and apathetic anti-authoritarian diatribes can get" in his own extreme (where else can you go from school-shootings?) But I'm equally confident the line is directed to America/Americans- like almost all of Manson's material, and so is a reference to the president of the US. I'm not really offended, but I do find these overly-repeated sentiments to be slightly immature at this point.

As far as myspace blogs go, MM seems to be taking such interwebz matters pretty personally of late, lol.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

IMPORTANT NOTE: PresidentofWhatever's signature makes it look like he fucked up a game of Tetris.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Fuck this Jesus fag, I'm going dancing.

[center:2mpw8j19][/center:2mpw8j19]
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which