Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Aug 22 2009 - House of Blues - San Diego, California

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default Aug 22 2009 - House of Blues - San Diego, California

Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

Default Re: Aug 22 2009 - House of Blues - San Diego, California

Setlist thanks to Basetendencies Twitter update :
    "Set list the same except they added rock is dead"

So I assume it looks like this :

Intro
    We're From America
    Disposable Teens
    Little Horn
    Irresponsible Hate Anthem
    Pretty As A Swastika
    Four Rusted Horses
    WOW
    Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin-geddon
    The Dope Show
    Great Big White World
    Leave A Scar
    Rock Is Dead
    Sweet Dreams
    Rock N Roll Nigger
    The Beautiful People

Seems the show went well :
    "Lots of energy from jeordie. Show went off without a hitch tonite"

Which is good news !

edit : removed Tourniquet, thanks Haz !

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Am I weird for liking the sound of the first half of that setlist a lot more than the second? That isn't implying I dislike any of the songs, because I don't.

Also, does anyone feel it improper that a few more EAT ME, DRINK ME songs are not played, even if Twiggy would rather not? You And Me And The Devil Makes 3 would be really good in this set I think, perhaps near Four Rusted Horses.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Yep, that's the set...minus "Tourniquet." There was a bit of a delay between songs where it typically would've been played, though, so I'm assuming the intention had been to play it.

AMAZING fucking show, btw.

(And Twiggy knows the guitar parts for "If I Was Your Vampire," incidentally...they played it exactly ONE time, at the Mountain View/San Francisco Mayhem show. Weird. And awesome, of course.)

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

That's another one I'd really hope makes it in there somehow when they get over here, seeing as I didn't see any shows on The Rape of the World tour, and I'd like to get a feel for at least a small bit of EAT ME, DRINK ME live.

I'm glad to hear the show was cool, I'm still a little uncertain as to what exactly the issue was the previous night, but I'm glad that the improvement was made straight away, it's just a shame that consistency is at stake and that people might be disapponited having paid a lot. That's entertainment, though, I suppose.

And I really fucking hope that when they come to the UK, We're From America isn't dropped simply because the show isn't in the US, I don't recall it being played once on the European leg...
    the LORD god had made
    "

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

I don't think they will drop it, S.D. After all, it's called We're From America. It would still make sense to have it as an opener.

Did anyone record GBWW? I want to hear Twiggy play it.

We're From America has been played a few times in Europe (Innsbruck, Dresden, Volt Festival and a failed attempt in Brno ending with the mic in Ginger's head)

Speech about pissing in a confessional

[youtube:v5hvpyal]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAcA6xzSdac[/youtube:v5hvpyal]

^ He did that speech for the first time in Philly/Camden and then again the next night in Hartford and sporadically here and there afterward. He skipped it for Vegas but decided to bring it back for San Diego, I guess. It feels like it still needs some tightening-up, I think, but it's getting there and it's always nice to see any return to the deliberate speechifying of earlier tours.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D.
    I'm glad to hear the show was cool, I'm still a little uncertain as to what exactly the issue was the previous night, but I'm glad that the improvement was made straight away, it's just a shame that consistency is at stake and that people might be disapponited having paid a lot. That's entertainment, though, I suppose.
    Yeah, lots of people seem to have their panties in a twist over the chaos of that first show in Vegas, but that's rock'n'roll, man. I mean, it was the first show of the new leg of the tour...that's just how it goes. And the band and Manson himself each sounded fucking phenomenal there, too...there was just some kind of (mostly) behind-the-scenes drama which led to a three-quarters instrumental "Leave a Scar" and a couple lengthy delays between songs which led to the cutting of "Rock is Dead." Other than that, everything was great. Frankly it was kind of neat to see the band rock out with vocals from the audience and we COULD have been shorted several more songs if they'd felt like it. So, all in all, Vegas was fucking great.

The pricing's a bit of a bitch, though. Vegas was somewhere around 50 bucks, which is fine, but paying 80 bucks to see Manson in a super-corporate and mega-cramped House of fucking Blues (ugh) is a little excessive. I mean, that's the same price level as a pit ticket for an all day festival, ffs.

So I'm going to be at the next few L.A. (-ish) shows, but possibly not actually IN them. I'll just stand around before and after and listen from outside the best I can since I'm already on the west coast anyway, but not actually SEEING the shows because the pricing is so insane is definitely a bit of a drag.

:-\

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I suppose, to some degree, people in 2009 put too much value in perfect, without-a-hitch music shows, a bit of chaos can be good for the soul. I've been at live shows where there's blood and sweat and spit flying around, and they're always more interesting than the ones where everything goes like a well oiled engine.

I think the whole multi-angle, never-ending cut (cut-cut-cut-cut!) aspect of music video has made people forget about real live performance. Maybe that's why the Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon video is so sporadic in its cuts, because if you want to see Manson in the flesh, and get the band shots that everyone always mentions, you should go and see them actually right there in front of you.
    the LORD god had made
    "