Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Holy Wood and Saw

Original AIDS provider.

Default Holy Wood and Saw

I'm going to start of by saying that I'm a massive fan of the Saw films, and that what follows is just something that hit me when I was watching today. It's nothing really concrete, but interesting nonetheless, and I'm sure it's merely coincidence and me expanding on something quite small to make it more than it really is. I thought I'd share it with you though and didn't quite fit in another thread, if mods want to merge it in with something else go right ahead.

Anyway, I was watching the original Saw today and realized something. At the beginning when they are listening to the mini-cassette tapes left for them, Jigsaw says that Adam has spent his life "in the shadow". The more I thought about this I then realized it could be expanded to say that they were placed in this filthy room (A Place In The Dirt? As part of Jigsaw's "death parade"?), almost certainly left for dead or at least desperate violence and self harm, all under the watching eye of a video camera ("If you die when there's no-one watching"...).

Considering a remix of IHA was used in Saw 2, I began to wonder if at least the character's name and use of the words "in the shadow" were a little nod to Manson from the film's writers. Thoughts?
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Default Re: Holy Wood and Saw

Okay...How on earth do people notice stuff like that?
    thats interesting... thatks to you whenever il be watching saw now, il think of HW.
    -.-

Original AIDS provider.

lol ask S.D... he's the master at picking up on things like this. It probably helps that my name is Adam, so I tend to notice when it's used, and have an interest in the possible meanings and implications of the name, such as on Holy Wood. I've seen the movie plenty of times and it's slipped by me, it just hit me the other day, and the rest seemed to spread from there.

Oh...yeah that sort of explains things. And yeah... SD is some number-meanings-detector.

Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles
    Okay...How on earth do people notice stuff like that?
    It just hits you when you least expect it. It is not neccessary to be looking for it. At least that's how it works for me.

Sorry for the irrelevant post as well, I don't think I've seen these films.

that's cool how you came to that conclusion...i think you may be onto something there E.G.

Original AIDS provider.

Thanks. I'm sure it's nothing major, just maybe a nice little tidbit from the film's creators to any Manson fans watching. When I get a chance I plan on doing a more in depth look at the whole series for other references just in case though.