Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson In Popular Culture

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I'm also having a hard time finding and remember what seemed to be an Eminem parody that mentioned Marilyn Manson. I think it was a parody of Without Me, and one of the lyrics was, "We love you Marilyn Manson!"

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

There is a UK television programme called Misfits, about young people in London affected by a meteor storm that awards them different super powers.
    In the most recent fifth series, one of the characters makes a new friend, and as she is harassed in front of this friend by an ex-boyfriend, you hear Manfred Mann's cover of I Put A Spell On You playing. An altercation takes place, and as it escalates the song suddenly transforms into the Marilyn Manson cover, which closes the scene on a more crazed, brooding note.
    I've never been particularly interested in Manfred Mann outside of one or two songs, but I thought it was a nice touch to blend the two songs according to the scene's mood, and that both artists have the alliterative 'MM' in their names.

I noticed that as well. I already liked the series but it went up a notch with that touch.
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."

Oh okay, so I checked, and this didn't seem to have been posted yet. And well, if you already dislike or hate Gwar, then this video certainly wouldn't help either. Gwar, especially Oderus Urungus hates Marilyn Manson. =P

It was also from their movie It's Sleazy, which was released in either 2000 or 2001.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-01-2014 at 02:42 AM.

gwar is completely overrated

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

In the film MANIAC someone refers to another person as Marilyn Manson at the start of the film. Nothing major, just his name being used.

There are a handful of mexican parodies regarding Marilyn Manson, because in this close-minded, highly-christian and conservative non-english speakers' country people get shocked easily. Especially if you're a 6 feet-high man with high heels, creepy make-up and disturbing videos. Let's begin:

Eugenio Derbez is a well known comedian; I personally hate him because his "jokes" comes from ripping other people's problems and appearances. He created a character named "Marilín Mensón" (Mensón is a play on words between "Manson" and menso, spanish word for "Dummy" or "silly"). He says he created it because her daughter was watching his videos once and he freaked out. It is a shame to watch it, because it takes all the wealkings and clichés that fans hate:

There was also a mexican wrestler known as "Charly Manson"; in fact, there were two: the first one got injured and retired; the second one was arrested around a year or two ago after beating the crap out of some cops:

There's also a mexican cartoon called "Huevo-cartoons" (Egg-cartoons); and a while ago they created parodies of many famous rock musicians, our dear MM included. I still have a stuffed "Huevelyn Manso" my sister gave me:

http://telly.com/0UE7EZ

There's also an online MM parody series from Spain called "Algo pasa con Manson" (Something's going on with MM): Along the 15 chapters we can see its life and work from a funny point of view, but as the series goes on, so does the hatred for him, so what begins with a good concepts turns out to be a 15-minute rant about why he sucks now, losing the original point. Still, is worth watching if you know spanish (and not even some of us will get 100%, there's a lot of spanish words that latin americans don't understand):

As soon as I remember others, I will share them in here as well.

I actually like this commercial, and it seems like almost any song from Portrait of an American Family could've fit into it as well. It's also the first and only commercial as of now that has gotten me to think of Marilyn Manson and pizza at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Oh okay, so I checked, and this didn't seem to have been posted yet. And well, if you already dislike or hate Gwar, then this video certainly wouldn't help either. Gwar, especially Oderus Urungus hates Marilyn Manson. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvtfpz1gHU

It was also from their movie It's Sleazy, which was released in either 2000 or 2001.
    I always hated Gwar, now I hate them more. That commercial was great! Does anyone know if that ever actually happened? And yes, I do want Marilyn Manson in my bedroom.
    Last edited by Mok; 02-05-2014 at 09:27 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Dave (Oderus) has actually come out in the last year or two and said he's got a bit more respect for MM and the whole bit with him at a show was more tongue in cheek and it didn't hurt MM any. If anything, being part of a Gwar show just shows pop culture status since their whole bit has always been going at big names politically, musically or spiritually lol

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post