Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: HSG videoclip - RTTEOTW lyrics

Did somebody notice that before they crash, in the videoclip, Manson says to Evan "Together as one" and she replies "Against all others"?
    Did manson quote himself, or was this line taken somewhere else, like a movie or a song by someone else?

"together as one
    against all others
    break all of their wings and make sure it crashes"
    [center]
    Let me show you where it hurts

Lol yes I noticed
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/Bevz91/AA4.jpg

Stupid Teenage Girl

I'm not sure if it was taken from somewhere else, but I know it was something that Evan and Manson said to/about eachother...and at the time, I thought it was sweet. Doesn't Evan have a tattoo of that phrase...? And the 15 one also...I bet she regrets that now.

Silent Catalyst

I think Hate Sells is right, I remember MM mentioning it before I heard it in RTTEOTW. What a romantic phrase <3

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

From Everyone Will Suffer Now:-

"I had to meet up with my friend Jonathan Shaw who has written a few books now. He was one of the most famous tattoo artists. He is responsible for the "Winona Forever" - Johnny Depp, and the Captain Jack Sparrow stuff. He’ll be tattooing me tomorrow for my birthday as a gift. I'm getting Together As One Against All Others tattooed across my lower back – but I digress…"
    Marilyn Manson, 2008
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

I had totally forgotten about that part of the interview. Is it available somewhere? I'd like to read it again.
    [center]
    Let me show you where it hurts

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Another part of the lyrics

remember when i took you
    up to the top of the hill?
    we had our knives drawn.
    they were as sharp
    as we were in love.
    That also reminds me of the Heart-Shaped Glasses video, it might not have anything to do with it, but they dropped of an edge at the end, so I think we could say they were on a hill, they had knives with them in the car and they were totally in love.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

"If god crossed us we'd take all his drugs,
    burn his money and his house down,
    and wait for the fire to spread.

Sometimes hate is not enough to turn this all to ashes.
    Together as one against all others
    ."

These lyrics paraphrase not only parts of the Heart-Shaped Glasses video, as mentioned, but also various parts of If I Was Your Vampire, and other select lyrics from EAT ME, DRINK ME:-

"Drive me off the mountain" - The Edge Of The World/The Wasteland]
    "You'll burn" --- [his money and his house down...?]
    "And I'll eat your ashes" --- hate is not enough/Devour you/Mood poisoning, must be something that I hate

"See a new beginning rise behind the sun"
    "Here comes the moon again"
    "Moon has now eclipsed the sun"
    "The light shines in the darkness"

Now, consider as well that 'The Edge of the World' could also refer to the past notion that the earth was flat, hovering above the echelons of Hell. Although a slight fallacy, common belief is that this was debunked when voyager Christopher Columbus "discovered" North America. Although this is slightly inaccurate historically, in terms of myth it fits with the themes of The High End of Low overall. Historians have noted that Columbus is more likely to have been the man to bring the Americas to the then "Western" world following his voyage --- "We're From America".
    Similarly, though there were ancient civilisations that had predicted the earth was a solid spherical shape, Columbus' expedition consolidated this as a widely accepted scientific belief. However, it is likely that at the time he began his voyage, even he could have been of the opinion that he was in fact, running to the edge of the world. There are also reports that in his religious fervour, [READ HERE FOR DETAILS] Columbus believed that in discovering this new continent, he had found God's paradise, and that this was a sign of the oncoming apocalypse [how], or the Endtimes/Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon.
    By that token, it could be suggested that in charting the World as spherical, thus negating having discovered paradise, and perhaps identifying Hell as being on Earth, Columbus had indeed realised that "This is where is starts, this is where it will end"...
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m