Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Remember This?

Default Do You Remember This?

This thread is more of a Manson help thread. It's about things that you didn't know about Manson and are trying to find out the answers. I already have 2 questions and if anybody could help that would be great.

1.)The Holy Wood novel - First off, since the idea and first draft of the novel have been around since 1995 it makes me think that there is more to this not being released than just being about censorship.

There have been several reasons that have been claimed to this not being released and that's 1.) Censorship. 2.) Religious views. It seems that the Church of Scientolgy had objected. 3.) Not being the right time for release.

I guess the question I'm asking is if anybody knows anything else on this subject. I know it's probably a dead end street, but here's to hoping that we can try and find some answers.

My second question...

2.) The reason for the end of the relationship with Rose McGowan - I know that some people just don't like discussing Manson's personal life and to that I say "Fuck off and ignore this question"

In a world where US! magazine has artiles about what celebrities do, what the eat and that they're just like you I find that wondering what happened to an ending of a relationship is not out-of-bounds. Now if I were asking about what they wore during the break-up or what kind of sexual positions they did I would understand to people objecting.

I've always thought that what ended the relationship, and I'm sure I read this somewhere was that it was because Rose wanted to go out and party all the time, but Manson wanted to stay in. I mean with it being around the time of Columbine I could totally understand, but now I'm reading that they broke up because of Manson's partying ways. Does anybody know more about this?

Alright, those are my two questions. I'll have more later, and if you have some feel free to share and we'll see if we can solve some mysteries about our favorite artist/band Marilyn Manson.

Default Re: Do You Remember This?

I would love to find out about the Holy Wood Novel, too.

My question would be... I hear people talking about a celebretarian album that Manson was going to make before Eat Me Drink Me, but it got scrapped. I'd like to have more info about that I guess.

lool...cool thread btw. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles
    I would love to find out about the Holy Wood Novel, too.

My question would be... I hear people talking about a celebretarian album that Manson was going to make before Eat Me Drink Me, but it got scrapped. I'd like to have more info about that I guess.

lool...cool thread btw. :D
    It's just with the novel there seems to be so many things shrouding the truth. To me, I feel it will probably be released after he decides to stop doing music. Manson is the kind of man that even when he's 70 he'll still be do something artistic whether it be writing books or his art. He'll always try and be doing something artistic when he can't go on tour.

And that's a great question about the Celebratarian album. To me I thought it was kind of like what happened to Green Day.

Story goes Green Day had recorded and finalized an album that was to be the follow-up to WARNING but the masters were stolen and instead of re-recording it they decided to just scrap it and write a new album. Which in the long run was way better for them, because that album turned into AMERICAN IDIOT.

But back to Manson, I had always thought that he talked about it but then decided to scrap it. I don't fully know, but from stuff I read that's what I always thought. It seemed like it was an idea and something he wanted to do but never fully came to fruition. I don't know, I wish I could help more.

EDIT: I was just looking up some stuff about your question and here's something I found. Be prepared to be amazed!

^^lol... Erm... ???

Und im Tode träumen wir Komakino's Avatar

I heard something about his drug use.
    http://www.rose-mcgowan.com/gallery/alb ... 01_005.jpg
    If you're bored you should read all her interviews during the time, and shortly after, she dated Manson. I do know he proposed to her when she was having a bath. :P
    Actually, it's something I wondered about too, they split up in january 2001, but he met Dita on his birthday in 2001, right? Maybe he cheated on her. That wouldn't be a first. :')

"t turns out that literally a few hours before the singer boarded a plane to fly over to the UK for his first British dates since that ill-fated showing at the Big Day Out 18 months ago, he split with long-time girlfriend Rose McGowan. According to reports that have filtered through, the vocalist is "gutted". The official line is simple: anyone mentions the break-up and he’ll get up and walk out of the interview.
    There is, however, an explanation for this about turn. It seems that on his arrival in the UK the night before, Manson discovered his erstwhile other half had issued a statement to the press; a statement which, in the words of a source close to the band, made him "look like a bit of a berk". And if there’s one thing the God Of F**k doesn’t like, it’s that.
    And so, contrary to reports, Manson — sitting in a darkened room, clad in regulation black threads, flying saucer-sized shades and a suspiciously expensive-looking black hat — doesn’t come across as a man crippled by heartbreak.
    "It just got to the point where it wasn’t working anymore," he concludes with a faint smile. "That’s it. So here I am, ladies. Please form an orderly queue.""
    "Oddly, the four days Manson has spent in the UK have, on the surface, been largely sleaze-free. Yet hints of some good ol’ rock piggery are beginning to surface. Pictures of Manson with a black-haired beauty apparently seen "comforting him after his break-up" appear in today’s tabloids — she’s actually model Dita Von Tesse, who was spotted scantily-clad with legs akimbo behind John5’s guitar amp during the Manchester show."
    - Kerrang! january 2001

"It’s only after we’ve said our goodbyes that an industry dickie-bird tells me that he’s just split from his actress fiancee Rose McGowan. It’s been slim pickings for the tabloids since, with the singer maintaining a discreet silence and McGowan simply stating that, "There is great love, but our lifestyle difference is, unfortunately, even greater.""
    - Hotpress, february 2001

I think Rose was his best girl yet, too bad it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Synn
    My second question...

2.) The reason for the end of the relationship with Rose McGowan
    How weird I was just about to ask that today lol
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/Bevz91/AA4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino
    I heard something about his drug use.
    http://www.rose-mcgowan.com/gallery/alb ... 01_005.jpg
    If you're bored you should read all her interviews during the time, and shortly after, she dated Manson. I do know he proposed to her when she was having a bath. :P
    Actually, it's something I wondered about too, they split up in january 2001, but he met Dita on his birthday in 2001, right? Maybe he cheated on her. That wouldn't be a first. :')
    I remember joining a Rose message board after they broke up to see how Rose fans felt and they hated Manson which I found funny because most Manson fans had nothing but despariging remarks for her. I remember I wrote a long post on how we don't know the truth about what had happened between the two and that we shouldn't judge Manson and most people agreed.

Shit! I want to find that site and see if that post if still available. Doubt it, but here's to hoping.

I know Dita and Manson hooked up around the time as their break-up but could she be the reason for the ending of the relationship like Evan was for Dita? Hmmm... I don't think Manson cheated on her. He just doesn't seem like the type of guy to cheat on a woman though I said that to myself all the time and I ended up having an affair with a girl at my work while I was in a long-term relationship. So who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino
    "t turns out that literally a few hours before the singer boarded a plane to fly over to the UK for his first British dates since that ill-fated showing at the Big Day Out 18 months ago, he split with long-time girlfriend Rose McGowan. According to reports that have filtered through, the vocalist is "gutted". The official line is simple: anyone mentions the break-up and he’ll get up and walk out of the interview.
    There is, however, an explanation for this about turn. It seems that on his arrival in the UK the night before, Manson discovered his erstwhile other half had issued a statement to the press; a statement which, in the words of a source close to the band, made him "look like a bit of a berk". And if there’s one thing the God Of F**k doesn’t like, it’s that.
    And so, contrary to reports, Manson — sitting in a darkened room, clad in regulation black threads, flying saucer-sized shades and a suspiciously expensive-looking black hat — doesn’t come across as a man crippled by heartbreak.
    "It just got to the point where it wasn’t working anymore," he concludes with a faint smile. "That’s it. So here I am, ladies. Please form an orderly queue.""
    "Oddly, the four days Manson has spent in the UK have, on the surface, been largely sleaze-free. Yet hints of some good ol’ rock piggery are beginning to surface. Pictures of Manson with a black-haired beauty apparently seen "comforting him after his break-up" appear in today’s tabloids — she’s actually model Dita Von Tesse, who was spotted scantily-clad with legs akimbo behind John5’s guitar amp during the Manchester show."
    - Kerrang! january 2001

"It’s only after we’ve said our goodbyes that an industry dickie-bird tells me that he’s just split from his actress fiancee Rose McGowan. It’s been slim pickings for the tabloids since, with the singer maintaining a discreet silence and McGowan simply stating that, "There is great love, but our lifestyle difference is, unfortunately, even greater.""
    - Hotpress, february 2001
    Thanks for those articles. They do shed some sort of light on the subject. Though one would think if Manson was pissed in England because of what Rose had said to the public you'd think it was her that ended the relationship and not him.

If I'm not mistaken, their relationship ended just after Manson's MTV:Diary. I remember watching that and he seemed so reclusive. Talking about how he likes to paint in his home alone and just go watch movies. So I wouldn't doubt that the end of the relationship was because Manson didn't want to go out as much as Rose because of the Columbine incident.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Flagg
    I think Rose was his best girl yet, too bad it ended.
    I know. They seemed really good together.

my understanding of why the holywood book has not been released is that it comes down to money.
    Manson was given an advance from the publisher for the book.
    lets pretend it was something substantial like $200,000.
    So the publisher has the book, but to press copies it will take a considerable amount of more money to do so.
    Let's say a couple million.
    And in addition to the advance they already gave Manson, his contract might also have them paying him
    more when the book is published.
    When Manson was given the advance for the book, each of his cds was selling more and more copies.
    So the advance was based on great potential sucess.
    However, since then, he has sold less and less of each CD.
    So the publisher could be waiting for Manson to regain some popularity before publishing.
    Manson himself could return the advance and buy back his book and seek another publisher.
    But i dont think Manson has that kind of money to spare considering all he has spent on his film and lavish wedding and stuffed baboons.
    If Mansons advance was really big, they would have to sell a really big amount of books to break even and it would cost alot of money to print all those books
    So my theory is, Mansons advance was too big, the publisher doesnt have the confidence such a large pressing would be sucessful at this point and is waiting for the day Manson buys his book back from them or Mansons career takes off again.

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Synn

In a world where US! magazine has artiles about what celebrities do, what the eat and that they're just like you I find that wondering what happened to an ending of a relationship is not out-of-bounds. Now if I were asking about what they wore during the break-up or what kind of sexual positions they did I would understand to people objecting.
    The funny thing is I think you'd have better luck getting details about sex positions out of manson than break up details.

That Metallica shot is awesome btw, thanks for that.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna