Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Dare You

Default I Dare You

I dare anybody to either ask Manson or Twiggy if they ever see them the following question.

Are they going to perform Starfuckers Inc. live to piss off Rent Friendster?

You know, since Twiggy has performed it on bass and I'm sure could pull it off on guitar.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Default Re: I Dare You

I like that song, I wouldn't mind hearing Manson cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by prescribeddrone
    I like that song, I wouldn't mind hearing Manson cover it.
    Oh I agree! I think it would be bloody brilliant and just irk Trent so fucking much. I mean I love NIN and Trent but come on, sometimes it feels like a rap beef between the two of them though Manson hasn't wrote any songs about him whereas Trent has.

Stupid Teenage Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Synn
    though Manson hasn't wrote any songs about him whereas Trent has.
    I thought Trent was the "rapist werewolf", in accordance with the "nothing" hoodie with the wolf print...? Lol.

No, but I think it would be a clever thing to do, to play that song live...but at the same time, it would probably seem like a confrontation whereas the two of them seem to play the press game of making catty remarks about eachother in interviews...most of which is instigated by Trent, though.

...but an interesting idea nonetheless. ;)

Original AIDS provider.

They wouldn't want to give Trent the royalty money.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy
    They wouldn't want to give Trent the royalty money.
    Performing it live you don't have to. If it was on an official release then yeah you would.

Original AIDS provider.

Wrong. The writer gets a live performance royalty for it. At least, that's the law here in Australia... I'm pretty sure it would be the same in America? Unless things are drastically different over there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy
    Wrong. The writer gets a live performance royalty for it. At least, that's the law here in Australia... I'm pretty sure it would be the same in America? Unless things are drastically different over there.
    I don't know what it's like in Australia but 99.9 percent sure that if you perform a cover song live you don't have to pay royalties unless it's officially released. I mean if what you're saying is true then wouldn't Manson have to pay a lot of royalties to bands like Iggy Pop or Pantera or The Smiths.

Performance rights
    If an original composition is performed live or a sound recording of an original composition is broadcast a performance royalty will be due to the copyright owner. Copyright law specifically excludes a record company from collecting any part of this royalty which should go directly to the composers.
    From: http://www.planetoftunes.com/industry/c ... makers.htm

As long as it's not released officially then one one does not need to worry about copyright laws. I mean if that were true then all cover bands would be fucked.

Original AIDS provider.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The performer doesn't pay the royalties, the venue does. In Australia, a live music venue pays an annual fee to APRA (Australian Performer's Right Association) that distributes this amongst the writers of the songs performed in the venue, based on Live Performance Returns put in by the performer. So if my band performs, and we play 6 songs that we wrote, and 1 Manson cover, we submit that to APRA who allocates part of the annual money from the venue we played to both us and Manson in an order of 6:1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Synn
    I dare anybody to either ask Manson or Twiggy if they ever see them the following question.

Are they going to perform Starfuckers Inc. live to piss off Rent Friendster?

You know, since Twiggy has performed it on bass and I'm sure could pull it off on guitar.
    Why not, they already covered Closer and Zero-Sum on THEOL, oh snap!

Lol j/k, but yeah I guess it would be pretty nice.